Shopify Inbox

Shopify Inbox

by Shopify

Sell over chat, and talk with your customers anytime, anywhere

DoorOpener.ca

Significant lag between chat request and notification received on iphone (15 min!). Since I switched to this App, the amount of chats dropped enormously. Can;t find online version for responding via browser.

Hello DoorOpener.ca,

Thanks so much for your honest review and feedback. We have greatly improved the app since you tried it, so making sure your Shopify Ping app is up to date will greatly help.

*** GOOD NEWS! We have just launched Shopify Ping for desktop! Go to https://shopifyping.com and login with your Shopify credentials, then enjoy the ease of use of replying to your customers from a desktop or laptop. ***

If you need any assistance or have questions, please contact us directly at ping@shopify.com and our team will be happy to help out.

Next Step Performance

App simply doesn't work, losing sales because it doesn't want to load, ive tried on multiple networks just doesn't work on my phone.

Hello Next Step Performance,

Thank you very much for your review and so sorry you were having issues. We have released several fixes for any problems you were encountering with Shopify Ping, if you wish to update or re-install, that should sort out any further issues.

Hope that helps! Get in touch if you need anything else, our direct email is ping@shopify.com

Kyoui

App does not open on my android phone, clients as asking questions and I am losing sales thanks to this very bad app. Much better pay for something else.

November 3, 2020

Hello Kyoui, thank you very much for letting us know you were having issues and please accept our apologies.

We have fixed many of the recent bugs on the phone app for Android, if you wish to try again, we would love to have you back! Please re-install and if you have any questions, contact our team directly at ping@shopify.com.

The Bargain Shop Australia

How do I uninstall this rubbish app. The app has gone nuts, can't even over install it, still going nuts.

Hello The Bargain Shop Australia,

So sorry you are having issues, please accept our apologies and the delay in responding to your feedback. If you haven't uninstalled the app yet, be sure to have the latest version, and also restart your phone. We have fixed the bugs that were causing problems.

If you need any assistance or have questions, please contact our team at ping@shopify.com.

Keepsakes by Ashley

I'm not really sure why you're not listening to your customers, but this app is horrible. Have to install Ping, then KIT (which is awful, I don't need updates every day, all day), I don't always get notifications that a customer sent a message. When I do check the app and have a message, I have no idea who the customer is. Can't respond on desktop. Very annoyed. Will be looking elsewhere for something better.

Hi Keepsakes by Ashley,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with Shopify Chat.

Kit is a free tool that is built into Shopify Ping to act as a virtual employee. Since Kit offers a range of free marketing tools such as email marketing, thank you emails, creating posts to Facebook, as well as the ability to create paid marketing campaigns on Instagram and Facebook, we wanted to get it in as many merchants hands as possible. However, I completely understand your feedback about being notified by Kit frequently. You can message "Stop" to Kit within the conversation - and that will stop Kit from sending any more proactive messages to you.

Customers are anonymized in Shopify Chat in order to ensure their privacy and that it is used as a customer support tool and not as a marketing tool. But we have since built in a feature that prompts visitors to leave an email address or phone number. Shopify Chat will then compare that information to your customer list in Shopify, and if it sees a match it will replace the anonymized visitor title with the buyer's name, email address, or phone number.

I'm going to reach out to you personally over email to follow up on the issues you were having with notifications to see if we can get that sorted out.

Underworld Laboratory

How to get rid of that awful message Leave a number and we'll text you back as soon as we're available (an email address works too)." ahh

Hi Underworld Laboratory,

Thank you for your feedback. At the moment there is no way to remove that banner in Shopify Chat.

Since Shopify Chat is a live chat feature, and we know our merchants are often busy and cannot get to visitor conversations immediately at all times, we wanted to provide a way for visitors to leave some information so that you the merchant can continue the conversation at your convenience and potentially capture that sale.

Your feedback however is really valuable to us. I'm going to reach out to you personally over email to get your thoughts on how we can improve this feature moving forward. :)

RealtorShop.ca

Very poorly designed app. Missing alot of key features!! would suggest looking into another messaging app

Hi RealtorShop.ca

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with Shopify Chat.

Our team is constantly adding new features and looking for ways to build on the app. I'm going to reach out to you personally over email to get your thoughts on what you'd like to see improved and I'll be sure to pass that along to our team. :)

Necklesse

In general the app is not bad. Just the iPhone app to answer the support request forces you to install kit. If you don't want to use it you can not even skip it and it has loads of bugs so sometimes you're just not able to answer the chat messages because the iPhone app has problems (iPhone 11 Pro). I just deleted it.

Hi Necklesse,

Thank you for your feedback!

However, there are ways to use Ping without using Kit. I'm going to reach out to you personally over email to continue this conversation.

Ellis from Ping and Kit Support

Nice Things by Helena

This app really is badly made. Lots of 'American' phrases in the text that can't be edited (you should at least be able to edit the button text! but you can't). Very poor for a Shopify official app.

Hi Nice Things by Helena,

I'm sorry to hear you're not having a good experience with Shopify Chat currently.

Shopify Chat's button text will automatically translate to whatever language your Shopify theme is set to.

I'm going to reach out to you via email personally to go over the steps on how to translate your theme should you so wish.

Download Business Course

THE ONLY REASON WHY I DON'T USE IT IS BECAUSE I CAN'T HEAR THE NOTIFICATION SOUND ON MY iPHONE - IT'S NOT LOUD ENOUGH!!!!!!! i

September 11, 2020

Hi Download Business Course!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the notification volume. New messages from a buyer through Shopify Chat should create a notification on your iOS device that is accompanied by a sound.

I will reach out to you personally over email to troubleshoot this issue and get everything sorted out.

Ellis from Ping & Kit Support