Shopify Inbox

Rating (4.5)
Developer
4.5
June 23, 2021

We got this app with the hope of converting site traffic into sales. Unfortunately, this app has been crashing from the start. 1. We're able see msgs being sent from the site but receive error msg when trying to reply:
3. Unable to open the App after closing, kept getting the 'white screen of death' with the Ping logo
4. At app startup, keeps going back to setup: 'Add Shopify Chat'

Ziziphus Skin
Time spent using app: About 1 year
June 17, 2021

The only good thing about this is the order lookup. Otherwise it's very, very basic. Needs a lot of improvement to do things like missed chats, tell customers that you're offline, etc.

Zero Waste Co
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
June 11, 2021

was working fine, but now won't stay on my site? seems like an issue as this didn't happen before - doesn't stay in the app store.

bymehshake
Time spent using app: 7 months
April 17, 2021

I have not been getting notifications that people have been messaging my store! It has caused me to lose customers, never using this app again.

SKCStencils
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
Shopify replied April 19, 2021

Hello SKCStencils, thank you for the feedback and review.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues using Shopify Chat with Shopify Ping. We have both mobile and desktop version (Shopifyping.com) of Shopify Ping which will provide audible notifications when someone chats in. I'm going to personally reach out to you via email to help you resolve the issue you've been experiencing.

If you ever need any help, have questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our team via the support link in the app, or directly at ping@shopify.com.

April 8, 2021

We can't use this app in our shopify page. Customer can't send a message through this chat. Please update this app

公式キエルキン販売代理店 - KIERUKINSHOP FAMILE
Japan
Time spent using app: 29 minutes
Shopify replied April 9, 2021

Hello 公式キエルキン販売代理店 - KIERUKINSHOP FAMILE, thank you for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble setting up and using the app. I will reach out via email to help get you set-up so customers are able to send messages and you can reply!

April 6, 2021

I was not able to see the chat close window on my mobile phone, even though I could see it in shopify preview. On actual mobile phone, it just disrupts my store with no close button

Santivia - Your Way To Good Health
Singapore
Time spent using app: 4 days
Shopify replied April 9, 2021

Hello Santivia - Your Way To Good Health, thank you for taking time to leave a review.

I'm sorry to hear that your customers are having issues on mobile closing the Shopify Chat widget. This can happen when the Shopify Chat button is pushed up when it conflicts with a non-Shopify made theme or a third party app. I will be following up with you via email to troubleshoot this issue with you. Look out for an email from me!

March 23, 2021

Trop ''basique'' . Il n'est pas possible d'automatiser ou de programme d'autres questions que '' je veux connaître le status de ma commande'' ...

Mon Adresse Civique
Time spent using app: 14 days
Shopify replied March 29, 2021

Hello Mon Adresse Civique, thank you for your honest feedback.

As we work on making an amazing conversational marketing app, your feedback is important to us. Although, the order look-up feature is not customizable, we will be releasing a new update for all Shopify Ping users within the next few weeks that will allow for custom automated responses that will appear along side the order-look up. I hope you'll try this feature out when it does become available as I think this is what you are looking for!

If you ever need any help, have questions or even more feedback, feel free to reach out to our team via the support link in the app, or directly at ping@shopify.com.

March 23, 2021

I never get to know when someone pings on the chat. Make it work like messsenger on the cell phone and desktop. Im the only one handling the webpage and would like better and louder notifications

FudgyLove
India
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
Shopify replied March 29, 2021

Hello FudgyLove, thanks for leaving feedback!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with hearing notifications from your device and desktop. On Android, it is possible to set a ringtone and increase/lower the volume for each individual app. iOS devices do not have control over individual app notifications. When using the desktop version of Ping - each browser can be muted or un-muted to allow for audio. I will follow up with a email to ensure that we get your notification issue sorted out. I'll be in touch!

Edited February 6, 2021

The App doesn't work for users in Europe, because the chat button physically collides with the buttons of Shopify's Customer Privacy Banner (mandatory for EU shops) which renders it useless. There should be an option which allows to create a vertical offset in order to place it at a working position.
Also, when changing the language the button won't resize and displays a chopped off text.

MIRAI
Germany
Time spent using app: About 5 hours
Shopify replied February 12, 2021

Hello MIRAI, Thank you for your honest review and detailed feedback!

We take your feedback regarding button placement seriously and I will be sharing this with our Development team. In regards to the cut off text when displaying the button in another language, I will follow up with a direct email to you and see if we can work together on this issue.

February 3, 2021

Por que dicen que es gratis si no lo es? no confundan a la gente, ahora no soy capaz de desinstalarla. me pueden ayudar?

BUY FROM HOME SHOP
Spain
Time spent using app: 4 days
Shopify replied February 12, 2021

Hello BUY FROM HOME SHOP, thank you for your review and feedback.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the app. Shopify Chat and Shopify Ping are completely free. The only charges may come from third party apps that you integrate with Shopify Ping. I will follow up with you personally via email to help sort everything out.

Please keep an eye on your inbox for an email from me. Thanks again, talk soon!