Shopify Inbox

Connect with customers and drive sales with chat– for free

Price: Free

Crooked Imaging Photo Video

Its a real shame this app is lacking important features! The concept is great but you can't move the position of the widget and it covers up the add to cart button on the sticky cart. We had many complaints of this :( You also can't set a time to be active so customers are getting annoyed when there is no response. We had to remove it for the time being but will install it if these things are addressed. www.crookedimaging.co.uk

September 21, 2020

Hello Crooked Imaging Photo Video, thank you for your great feedback! I will take your ideas to our product team, as we really need this information to improve the app.

To help with the widget covering up the add to cart button, we recommend using the bubble icon, instead of the text icon. Many merchants have experienced the same, and using the different icon solves this issue for now.

We will be adding the ability to set hours, as well as other customizable features. I'll get in touch with you directly when that happens as we would love to have you back using this great app.

Thanks again for your input, take care.

Kit & Ping Support

Ploocy

I have to uninstall it and install it over and over again every time I want to open it to reply to a customer. Till I do all that, a customer is gone.

September 21, 2020

Hello Ploocy, thank you for your feedback! Our apologies for the issues having to install repeatedly. We have a fix now for the recent bugs in the app, please update to version 1.1.9 so you have the latest fixes.

I'll get in touch soon to see how it's going and if you have any further feedback. Thanks for trying Shopify chat!

Best regards

DoorOpener.ca

Significant lag between chat request and notification received on iphone (15 min!). Since I switched to this App, the amount of chats dropped enormously. Can;t find online version for responding via browser.

Hello DoorOpener.ca,

Thanks so much for your honest review and feedback. We have greatly improved the app since you tried it, so making sure your Shopify Ping app is up to date will greatly help.

*** GOOD NEWS! We have just launched Shopify Ping for desktop! Go to https://shopifyping.com and login with your Shopify credentials, then enjoy the ease of use of replying to your customers from a desktop or laptop. ***

If you need any assistance or have questions, please contact us directly at ping@shopify.com and our team will be happy to help out.

Next Step Performance

App simply doesn't work, losing sales because it doesn't want to load, ive tried on multiple networks just doesn't work on my phone.

Hello Next Step Performance,

Thank you very much for your review and so sorry you were having issues. We have released several fixes for any problems you were encountering with Shopify Ping, if you wish to update or re-install, that should sort out any further issues.

Hope that helps! Get in touch if you need anything else, our direct email is ping@shopify.com

Kyoui

App does not open on my android phone, clients as asking questions and I am losing sales thanks to this very bad app. Much better pay for something else.

November 3, 2020

Hello Kyoui, thank you very much for letting us know you were having issues and please accept our apologies.

We have fixed many of the recent bugs on the phone app for Android, if you wish to try again, we would love to have you back! Please re-install and if you have any questions, contact our team directly at ping@shopify.com.

The Bargain Shop Australia

How do I uninstall this rubbish app. The app has gone nuts, can't even over install it, still going nuts.

Hello The Bargain Shop Australia,

So sorry you are having issues, please accept our apologies and the delay in responding to your feedback. If you haven't uninstalled the app yet, be sure to have the latest version, and also restart your phone. We have fixed the bugs that were causing problems.

If you need any assistance or have questions, please contact our team at ping@shopify.com.

Keepsakes by Ashley

I'm not really sure why you're not listening to your customers, but this app is horrible. Have to install Ping, then KIT (which is awful, I don't need updates every day, all day), I don't always get notifications that a customer sent a message. When I do check the app and have a message, I have no idea who the customer is. Can't respond on desktop. Very annoyed. Will be looking elsewhere for something better.

Hi Keepsakes by Ashley,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with Shopify Chat.

Kit is a free tool that is built into Shopify Ping to act as a virtual employee. Since Kit offers a range of free marketing tools such as email marketing, thank you emails, creating posts to Facebook, as well as the ability to create paid marketing campaigns on Instagram and Facebook, we wanted to get it in as many merchants hands as possible. However, I completely understand your feedback about being notified by Kit frequently. You can message "Stop" to Kit within the conversation - and that will stop Kit from sending any more proactive messages to you.

Customers are anonymized in Shopify Chat in order to ensure their privacy and that it is used as a customer support tool and not as a marketing tool. But we have since built in a feature that prompts visitors to leave an email address or phone number. Shopify Chat will then compare that information to your customer list in Shopify, and if it sees a match it will replace the anonymized visitor title with the buyer's name, email address, or phone number.

I'm going to reach out to you personally over email to follow up on the issues you were having with notifications to see if we can get that sorted out.

Underworld Laboratory

How to get rid of that awful message Leave a number and we'll text you back as soon as we're available (an email address works too)." ahh

Hi Underworld Laboratory,

Thank you for your feedback. At the moment there is no way to remove that banner in Shopify Chat.

Since Shopify Chat is a live chat feature, and we know our merchants are often busy and cannot get to visitor conversations immediately at all times, we wanted to provide a way for visitors to leave some information so that you the merchant can continue the conversation at your convenience and potentially capture that sale.

Your feedback however is really valuable to us. I'm going to reach out to you personally over email to get your thoughts on how we can improve this feature moving forward. :)

RealtorShop.ca

Very poorly designed app. Missing alot of key features!! would suggest looking into another messaging app

Hi RealtorShop.ca

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with Shopify Chat.

Our team is constantly adding new features and looking for ways to build on the app. I'm going to reach out to you personally over email to get your thoughts on what you'd like to see improved and I'll be sure to pass that along to our team. :)

Necklesse

In general the app is not bad. Just the iPhone app to answer the support request forces you to install kit. If you don't want to use it you can not even skip it and it has loads of bugs so sometimes you're just not able to answer the chat messages because the iPhone app has problems (iPhone 11 Pro). I just deleted it.

Hi Necklesse,

Thank you for your feedback!

However, there are ways to use Ping without using Kit. I'm going to reach out to you personally over email to continue this conversation.

Ellis from Ping and Kit Support