Tag your posts & stories
Let people discover your products while they browse their Instagram feed.
Sell on Instagram
Let customers check out from your posts & stories without leaving Instagram.
Highlight your shoppable posts
Add a shop tab to your profile and let shoppers browse your tagged products.
About Instagram channel
Sell on Instagram
Give shoppers a way to buy from your store on Instagram by tagging products in your photos. Use the Instagram channel to connect your Facebook products to your Instagram account. Tag up to 5 products per photo and let customers check out without leaving Instagram. Once you’ve tagged products in 9 posts, a shop tab will show up on your profile that lets shoppers browse your shoppable posts—all in one place. You can also choose to further the reach of your tagged posts using Instagram's sponsored post ads.
With Shopify and the Instagram channel, you can:
- add Instagram product tagging to your Instagram business profile
- connect your store’s Facebook product catalog to your Instagram business profile
- add shopping tags to your posts & stories and let customers purchase from your online store without leaving Instagram.
- fulfill orders placed on Instagram
To use the Instagram channel, you need to:
- have the Facebook channel
- be an admin for a Facebook Page approved to sell on Facebook
- have the online store channel
- have an Instagram business profile
- be located in one of the eligible countries
Overall rating Based on 232 reviews
Most recent reviews
This app is terible, or i should say the instagram policy is terible. Im selling perfect legit items on shopify, but IG says that my store is not eligible for product tagging because i didn't follow the IG commerce policy. No reason why excactly, just a no. Contacting IG is not possible, so I'm stuck
Kintsugi Fine Arts
I am only writing this review in an effort to help others, actually. There's absolutely nothing that's *wrong* with the app, and it certainly has nothing to do with Shopify. Instagram, however, needs to rethink their process of integrating storefronts into their service and offering instructions to doing so with much more clarity. I've literally spent the last 2 weeks, working daily, to connect our Ig business account with our store front and FB and happened to stumble upon a review by Vinyl Decal Shop Inc today that saved our bacon.
First: Search and find Vinyl Decal Shop Inc's review here, with an update, dated for Oct 15, 2018.
2) Follow all instructions given there, to a 'T.' Don't question the order or the directives, just follow each step precisely as they've laid them out. They were super clear, easy to understand, so follow each, in order.
3) Once you've finished, I just wanted to add to their instructions: you'll need to go into Shopify and go through each product there and add Instagram as a sales channel and save before you can then tag in instagram.
You'll know it's connected because in Shopify it will ask if you want to set up tagging for Ig. Also, when you go back into Ig, it will instantly show a pop up asking if you want to connect a source and start tagging. Forget the Ig instructions about "Go into Settings and turn on tagging in Shopping," etc. Literally, NONE of the directions they've published will get this particular service working except to follow the instructions found here from Vinyl Decal Shop Inc.
Instagram is who needs to hear your complaints. They've miserably failed their users in how they've misled people in setting this up.
Good luck! It should work for you, too, when you follow all the simple steps.
Panoramic Lifestyle Clothing
Giving this 2 stars instead of one because I eventually got this working. I also used the Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Feed for the catalog, and the pixel integration. Previous I kept getting instantly denied every time I attempted to connect the IG sales channel. I used another IG account and after 4 days that was approved for product tagging. Unfortunately, I built a decent size following and business off of @panoramiclifestyleclothing already and I really don't want to start over.