Terrible customer support. The translations of our main market are down for 3 weeks due to a technical issue on Langify side. The customer service takes too long to respond to a critical topic that was even caused by an update on their side. We are losing business and they don't seem to even care about answering back after reporting the issue 4 times.
Very disappointing. Very slow and now we have been translating from Spanish to English for 3 hours and my Spanish website is half in English. It is really frustrating and time consuming when a paid application has to work without compromising the work already done. I do not recommend it at all.
horrible. tried it twice. glitchy both times. after customizing and saving settings, the customizations still didn't show properly. you also have to go in to each product and details to translate everything. don't recommend this. not sure where all of the high reviews came from.
Thank you for your honest feedback and sorry for the inconvenience!
1. Depending on the theme that you are using there definitely are some cases where it requires some custom code modifications to integrate the language switcher in such a way that it feels and looks like a native part of your theme!
Our support team is here to assist 24/7 so this could have been solved in no time (just get in touch!) :)
2. You can export all your translatable content from within langify in several formats and import the translated file again.
Mind and Body Health Consultancy Pte Ltd
It was all working well when it starts to do /zh/zh/zh/zh/zh/zh/zh/zh/zh/zh/zh/zh, now, I am going to switch to another app.
Thank you for your review and sorry for the inconvenience!
Shopify rolled out Shopify Markets and in some cases our language switcher does not play well with it out of the box! We're working on a fix for this and will deploy a corresponding update soon!
Next time I'd suggest getting in touch with our support team which would have fixed this in no time ;)
Slowest App I have ever seen on the app store. Sometimes takes 10-15 min for the page to load. Can definitely not recommend this app.
Hey - probably too late but we've switched servers to improve loading times a lot! Please reach out to us if you want to give it another chance!
We use this app but we are very unsatisfied by the service.
Langify continuously adds a lot of code to every page, even if we do not use it on those pages. Our developper has several times tried to discuss this issue with them but unsuccessfully.
Hey! You reached out to us once and left the conversation with some "..everything is ok" before leaving this bad review! Beside that I got back to you with instructions on how to prevent langify adding code (which, by default, is disabled anyway). What's your intention?
Oliver Heemeyer - maker of fine jewellery
Never again Langify! The worst translation app ever. Hands off! Many translations are simply not working, as the app is not capable to deal with customised shops/themes. Spent hours and hours on this app. Totally frustrating and not worth the money.
Totally understand your frustration but as our support Team already explained, this was an issue on shopify's end that simply prevented theme translations from showing up when on a 2.0 theme! This really wasn't our fault. Good news is that this has been solved now so you may give us a second chance :)
Very very slow response. Servers are very slow in responding. We are stuck in going live and the support team is not helping the way they should be knowing the criticality of the issue. I hope this comment will make them look into the matter and respond to us. We are loosing time by every passing minute.
Very very slow app and difficult to navigate. The translations are really inaccurate, this is so time consuming!!!!!
Langify v2 Cons, found with my experience:
- unable to manage pages from page builder, other than pagefly
- impossible to translate the contents of the site (cart, account, etc.)
- does not recognize all metafields
- very complex and not very functional installation, always required technical support
- language change menu stops working with each language change
- performance dropped from 60 points to 49 points using this app (very little optimization)
Thank you fo your feedback and I'd like to use this reply to clarify some things!
1. It's simply not true that we do not support other page builders than pagefly. langify is using the native shopify translation API and almost all page builders are storing the generated HTML in separated theme templates instead of storing it in the regular shopify page description (which would make it easy to translate those in the regular way). That makes it hard to translate those pages and we are the only app that is using the native shopify translation API that supports translating such static templates. In short: langify allows you to translate all static strings generated by a page builder app of your choice in the "Static" section.
2. This is completely wrong! Again: langify is using the shopify translation API and therefore ALL internationalized theme strings, including the cart and account, can be translated in our "Theme" translation section.
3. That is true but we restricted the access to some metafield namespaces such as "global". We did that because lot's of apps and shopify itself uses such namespaces for internal codes that simply are not translatable. Just drop us a mail and we will whitelist your metafields. Due to that issue shopify now added public and private metafields but this needs to be adapted by all apps over time.
4. Not sure what you mean by complex as we have a very clear structure of translation sections such as "Products", "Collections", "Pages", etc. Always required technical support? I don't remember you getting in touch with us at all in regards to "technical issues" - if someone needs help we're ready to assist but it's definitely not like "everyone needs technical support"
5. langify comes with it's own switcher that works perfectly fine. langify also supports third party theme switchers. In some cases some themes need manual adjustments to work with langify but this is something that we can do for you.
6. Might repeat myself but langify is using the native shopify translation API and we do not inject much code. shopify is adding the translations on the server-side so the performance should be almost the same. And again: get in touch with us and we'll take care!
P.S.: Noticed that you reviewed other translation apps with almost the same text. What's your intention?