Mailchimp

Drive traffic and sales with easy-to-use marketing tools.

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.

Caspar Curiosities

They are very expensive and offer no support until you pay for a plan. Then theres these content blocks that get added automatically. I dont know how someone could actually pay $11 a month... Be prepared to be charged the first $70+ the first month for their cheapest plan... Oh! And now that you paid, you can get support, right? Well, not really. I have never once received a response to my emailed support tickets and the chat is a huge joke. Expect to be online with them, getting absolutely no answers, for about 2 hours before they say they have to escalate it and to expect a response by email... However, there will be no email, as previously mentioned. And there huge glitches with their automations. One random day in December they sent Welcome emails to 7000 of my customers and have yet to explain why this happened. They have been sending abandoned cart emails to customers 5 hours after that customer completes a purchase. When I tried to test it myself, I received an abandoned cart email 24 hours after I abandoned my cart (when it is set to 5 hours) and its missing whole blocks of personalized product recommendations. When I check on mailchimp, the blocks are there... This is extremely embarrassing to my brand and I will be moving to a different company.

Ultimate Modelling Products

Used to be good and for a great price, but have continuously increased the pricing so that they are now one of the most expensive for fewer extras than their competitors. Have been with Mailchimp for over 7 years, but the last price hike was one too many I'm afraid. Now moving to another company!

Beautiful Bundles

Worst app experience. Shopify customer first and last name don't map to Mailchimp - it takes the default shipping first and last name. This was already an issue when the app was still ShopSync hence why we stopped using it. When Mailchimp bought the app, one Mailchimp representative admitted to the glitch and said they've introduced new mapping fields so that the billing address first and last name could be used instead. This also doesn't work. We've been sending dozens of emails back and forth with Mailchimp for the last 2+ months trying to help them with their troubleshooting and have gone from Mailchimp accepting that something isn't working right to be told that there's nothing they can or will do and we'll have to try our luck with the Shopify team instead (when exporting customers from Shopify the customer first and last name are correct in the CSV - just not when using the Mailchimp integration). Stay as far away from this app as possible as all it will do is mess up your audience and merge tags.

January 20, 2022

Hi there, we responded to you via a support ticket, but we'd like to also post something publicly here for others to digest if they're trying to use something else other than the customer shipping information for their Mailchimp contact.

When a customer checks out from Shopify, the shipping address is saved as the customers "default address" which is used for the customer update coming to Mailchimp. Unfortunately, Shopify does not allow the store owner to change this setting, forcing us to push that over as the customer's address.

We could temporarily override the customer address by using the order's billing address. However, the problem with this approach is that the customer's data in Shopify will still be using the shipping address. If we get another hook for the customer for any reason, it will then switch it back to the shipping address, making this a challenging process to support.

At the moment, our hands are a bit tied with how the Shopify data is coming to us, and we would recommend this to be fixed by Shopify. We hope that this API logic will change in the future.

We understand this technical matter may need clarification for various use-cases. If users have additional questions, please reach out to our support desk at mc4shopifysupport@mailchimp.com.

Beeboobuzz

I seem to have lost the majority of my subscribers since this change was made. This needs fixing asap and it's not good enough.

December 17, 2021

We’d certainly want to investigate further if you’re missing subscribers. Can you drop us a note at mc4shopifysupport@mailchimp.com?

EPOCHBG

The app does not sync tag information when forcing the resync of the account. This was occurring before Shopify (or mailchimp) bought the app and it still has not been fixed. And now "subscribed" does not sync over.

December 15, 2021

Thank you for your review. Tags should indeed be syncing over. However, there can be a few different reasons why they might not make it. A common one is that the tag must be set on the Shopify customer profile in order for the Mailchimp app to recognize and sync it. We've reached out to you via email to troubleshoot further. And if for any reason it didn't make it to you feel free to send a message to mc4shopifysupport@mailchimp.com

Twinkled T

Do not download and DELETE this app from your Shopify store immediately. They have resubscribed thousands of customers ranging back from 5+ years ago who have unsubscribed from my emails. Upon emailing them about it and asking them to call me immediately, they informed me that phone calls are only for premium plans. WHAT? Had to delete it immediately, and continue to apologize to thousands of customers.

Everly Rings

We lost 18,000 Mailchimp Subscribers when we updated our Mailchimp App. Have contacted multiple Mailchimp customer service teams and have yet to find a solution.

November 22, 2021

Hi Everly Rings, not sure if you've seen some of the other recent replies to reviews, but, did you have the old (Legacy) Mailchimp for Shopify app installed previously? If so, and it was deleted recently, that would've caused data to be "deleted" in Mailchimp. We realize the inconvenience and frustration this has caused and have made an update to the legacy application to eliminate this behavior going forward.

The good news is that resyncing your store should fix any missing data. We'll grab your customer's order information and opt-in preference and sync them with your Audience. Follow this guideline for set up: https://mailchimp.com/help/connect-shopify/. Please reach out to our support team anytime if you see anything different after a resync is completed and we will be happy to help!

SLAPSTA

Lost over 10k of my audience somehow as Mailchimp have moved away from Shopify then back after buying ShopSync. Very dissapointed to say the least! :( **UPDATE** I am not sure why they have edited the review to make it seem like there is a solution. After going back and forth with a rude customer service agent who took 24hours to reply and made it seem like my fault, they finally offered me £50 - As if this fixes the 2-5k audience loss i have had. I WANT A SOLUTION! How embarrasing i carried on using this app when there is so many better options out there. In my stupidity i thought mailchimp has been around for so long they would be the best choice. BAD idea! **Mailchimp, the developer of Mailchimp, edited their reply to your review on the Shopify App Store. Here’s their updated reply: Hi SLAPSTA, thanks for your patience while we researched your comments. By chance, did you have the old (Legacy) Mailchimp for Shopify app installed previously? If so, and it was deleted recently, that would've caused data to be "deleted" in Mailchimp. We realize the inconvenience and frustration this has caused and have made an update to the legacy application to eliminate this behavior going forward.
The previous reply has been removed from the Shopify App Store. Here’s the old reply: Hi SLAPSTA, thanks for your patience while we researched your comments. By chance, did you have the old (Legacy) Mailchimp for Shopify app installed previously? If so, and it was deleted recently, that would've caused data to be "deleted" in Mailchimp. This is a requirement mandated by Shopify to remove data from another 3rd party when an app is removed.

November 22, 2021

MadGoat.dk

I am so mad that I decided to try out this hyped app. It is the worst, the fkn worst email marketing app I have ever worked with. I just cannot believe how come this exists and how come it has customers. Nothing works. Nothing. I can't even do simple formatting. You can't use emojis. It only works with US currency, so you just have to rewrite price of every single product you add to your email. You type something, delete it and start typing again. Guess what, formatting has completely changed. You can only have up to 2000 contacts. Not subscribers but customers.. wtf?!

November 18, 2021

Hi MadGoat, thank you for the feedback. If you're open to it, we'd be happy to work with you on the challenges you're experiencing with our app. Many of the problems described should be an easy fix, e.g., formatting, emojis, adding products, etc. Also, if you need to add more than 2,000 contacts, we have subscription plans that can scale to any marketing need. Have you checked out some of our help articles, guides and tutorials https://mailchimp.com/help/?

Please don't hesitate to contact our customer support team directly if you need additional help, we love to help!

Wraps Adorn LLC

I was using Mailchimp for 3 years with no issues up until today. Like normal, I scheduled a campaign last night with my correct number of subscribers and this morning my campaign delivered to only a fraction of my subbies because 1,200 subscribers had been deleted by Mailchimp. What is going on? This is the busiest shopping season of the year--Can someone at Mailchimp reverse this error?

November 18, 2021

Hi Wraps Adorn, thanks for your patience while we researched your comments. By chance, did you have the old (Legacy) Mailchimp for Shopify app installed previously? If so, and it was deleted recently, that would've caused data to be "deleted" in Mailchimp. We realize the inconvenience and frustration this has caused and have made an update to the legacy application to eliminate this behavior going forward.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9