4.5

Merchants highly recommend this app for enhancing website credibility and security, with features like daily malware scans and a clear privacy policy. It's praised for being user-friendly, easy to integrate, and having responsive customer support. The app's trust badges and certifications are effective in building customer trust, boosting confidence, and improving sales. Merchants also appreciate the useful traffic and volume reports it provides.

Edited March 22, 2019

-- UPDATE 03/22/19 --
I recently called their customer support and spoke with Sarah who was nice enough to agree to honor the previous $49/month price we were paying as long as I committed upfront to pay for an annual plan and continue to use their service without uninstalling in the future. It was nice of them to work out a deal. Although it is still hard to forget what happened a couple of months ago, I'm glad that they were willing to make some concessions in the name of customer service and I will continue to use them for now and see how things go - hope that I can update this with even more stars in the future!

--UPDATE--
The Mcafee Team asked me to revise my review so here goes. In the end, they told me that I only needed to pay $99/month instead of the absurd $625/month. That is considerably much better than the original amount they were requesting, but it was still a pretty deceptive tactic to deactivate our account without any pre or post notice and also lock previously available features. They essentially held my account ransom due to a new payment tier that they either just created or was not made clear prior, and demanded that I pay 2x-12x more to continue using it as before. After speaking with their team about it, they offered no apologies or sympathy for what they did but just said they could offer $99 instead of the preposterous $625/month. I mean it's not like my business grew 12x after using their service (or even 2x for that matter), so I'm not sure why they thought it was even remotely reasonable to charge 12x more all of a sudden - talk about rewarding customer loyalty...

Yes in the end, I decided to fork up the extra $50/month and resume their service because apart from this recent fiasco, I had been quite satisfied with using their actual software. I'm simply peeved at the way they use unapologetically deceptive tactics to hoodwink their customers.

That's why I've updated my review from 1-star to 2-stars for now - I want everyone who installs their app to know what they should expect.

--ORIGINAL REVIEW--
Be careful with this app. I started off using their standard $49/month for about half a year and then I discovered that their trustmark stopped appearing on our site with no notification or advanced warning at all from their team. Turns out the trustmark was deactivated since we exceeded the monthly visitor limit - a stipulation which I'm pretty sure was recently created without informing customers. If not, then it was not mentioned at all at the time of installation. Even more absurd is that previously available features are now locked and you need to upgrade to receive the same functionality as before. I'm not even done as the most preposterous part is that to upgrade it would cost $625/month - over 1200% from the previous $49/month I was paying. Be careful with this service as you might think you get a full service for $49/month, but soon they'll have you forking over 10x more per month if you want to continue using their software later on.

Bulletproof Zone
9 months using the app
August 17, 2016

Great for increasing trustworthiness to the site, but will be even better if it can be FOC for more visits per month

Luggage Outlet
Singapore
Edited September 14, 2018

Despite a rough start, and a bit of confusion and need for customer support to correct some issues out of my control, I am pleased with the product.

I have ALWAYS used the McAfee mark on any store I have created, and although it will not "magically" bring traffic to your store, it WILL give those customers that come the assurance that it is a 'legitimate' site.

In other words, if you expect the McAfee mark to increase sales, it is doubtful that it will do so. If you expect the McAfee mark to give peace of mind to potential customers... well, that is right up their alley.

Mountaineer Tactical
May 29, 2017

Provides well-needed credibility for customers to feel safe buying from your store! Must have!

Accessoried
September 18, 2016

Easy to install and setup. Just added the Trustedsite feature. Hoping clients find it easy to leave feedback.

Mywordcoach Ca
6 months using the app
June 7, 2017

Really good way to help get over the purchase hurdle with new customers. Really like this app!

A&K Labs

A And K Labs
February 26, 2015

Having that logo on the screen, especially with the current date, makes customers feel much safer while shopping at my store. I have already noticed a 20% decrease in shopping cart abandonment.

The Bravest Decals
October 1, 2016

Horrible, they are emailing customers of mine offers saying they qualify for their anti virus. This makes my company look terribly bad. I'm about to uninstall it.

Founders Republic Llc
6 months using the app
August 15, 2022

Been sending emails to you and no reply. I've been billed 3 separate times in a matter of 2 days. I need your help ASAP!

The Nichole Collection
June 19, 2017

This app is perfect for helping the customer realize they are on a safe site!

shoptheoutdoorlife.com