4.5

Merchants highly recommend this app for enhancing website credibility and security, with features like daily malware scans and a clear privacy policy. It's praised for being user-friendly, easy to integrate, and having responsive customer support. The app's trust badges and certifications are effective in building customer trust, boosting confidence, and improving sales. Merchants also appreciate the useful traffic and volume reports it provides.

Edited October 26, 2016

A bit expensive, but the service is very nice and the customer service very prompt and knowledgeable. I have no doubt that without this (especially for a store young in online experience) our sales would be much lower.

My only gripe is the reviews widget. The concept itself is perfect, it's the exact thing stores could use for some additional SEO boost so long as the reviews are tied to the store's URL. However, the last thing I want is two floating widgets following me around the screen wherever I go.

I do not mind the "M" branded widget that appears on the bottom corner of the screen because it imprints the value we place on consumer protection but to have two following widgets is a bit much, too much screen real estate would be given up trying to fix one of the many things any ecommerce owner must address during a consumer's visit (in my opinion).

If the reviews widget could in any way be tied in with the "M" logo that already appears or embedded somewhere else on the website then I think it would be perfect.

Company Store Uniforms
September 13, 2018

The app is very useful. The trust badge in the free plan needs to be unlimited why limited customers

MO Style&Chic
Saudi Arabia
February 10, 2020

McAfee is a well known brand that many trust. I used the Trusted site logo and their mission statement to garner trust to the consumer. I also like they're methods of verification such as sending mail to business address, makes sense. Great App

Reazorz.com
March 5, 2018

Only works for a little part of the month, unless you upgrade. I deleted the app and found it was still showing on my site. To be honest, I didn’t like the look of it on my site, i though it looked very out of place and unprofessional

Fashion Genie Boutique
7 months using the app
September 16, 2016

I haven't opened my shop yet but the installation for this app was seamless. A must for any start up.

Steampunk, Victorian, and Vintage Inspired Jewelry
est.2015, Website launching on 09/30/2016

Trapsteamstore
7 days using the app
October 7, 2016

Feeling pretty good seeing customers getting comfortable with my site protection with Mcafee

Beautiful You Hair Extensions
5 months using the app
February 1, 2019

Great app especially in this day of online fraud. Cost to upgrade a bit prohibitive but still good value for what you get.

Elegant Lighting
7 days using the app
March 31, 2017

Mcafee Secure on the website Creates the confidence in us and the customer.

Indus B I
India
5 months using the app
March 16, 2016

Its very easy to install and I like the fact that it has a reviews feature, something I have been looking for for a while. However I couldnt add facebook page to our profile, kept indicating invalid (could be a bug). Also if they had the feature were I can exclude stats from my IP address that would be great.

Crafty African Hand Crafts
Botswana
4 months using the app
Edited September 19, 2018

Moved from BC to Shopify a little over 3 months ago.

From the minute I installed this app they inundate you with emails about upgrading to the Pro version.

As anyone who has launched or moved a site knows you have a million things to do and its incredibly stressful. This was the case for me and I didn't have a chance to respond to the email so they finally called me today when I'm on the way to the PO and don't have time to talk so I cut the guy off + they removed the seal from my site claiming because my footer mentions the site is secured by McAfee.

My best conversion month since moving was the month I was getting hit by spam bots and the free McAfee seal only showed for one day so I just deleted it.

App owners STOP harassing people who install the free version of your app - we know about your Pro versions, have checked out your websites and we will upgrade when + if we see fit. We're not idiots.

People take for granted that adding a secure badge like this will increase your conversions when it isn't a given. Some studies show it actually lowers your conversions . . .

FictionNewYork.com