4.6

Merchants appreciate this app for its user-friendly interface and extensive customization options for pop-ups, email campaigns, and automations. They value its competitive pricing, excellent customer service, and advanced targeting options that boost engagement and conversions. The app's advanced analytics and seamless integration with top email marketing platforms are also highly praised. Merchants commend the automation capabilities, built-in conditionals, and the constantly improving tools and features. The free plan is beginner-friendly, and features like Spin to Win and one-on-one support are particularly effective.

February 29, 2024

Amazing experience! Support were so helpful, and really kind, given I was responsible for the issue! So impressed at how quickly my issue was resolved, and the communication was top notch!

The Three Little Floofs
New Zealand
Edited April 3, 2023

Privy wasted a month of our time! We initially used Privy because their sister company, Attentive, told us we were too small to use their platform. They recommended we use Privy instead. We signed up with Privy but after a month of using their platform they informed us we couldn't use their SMS feature because of the industry we're in. SMS newsletters was the reason we even switched to Privy. You would think they would screen new clients and let them know if there were any issues, but no we wasted a month of getting all of our contacts migrated over, setting up automations, etc. A month of work down the drain, but Privy got their fee. Thanks A LOT Privy (and Attentive). Now we're back to square one. Avoid this company

Plume Ridge Bottle Shop
About 7 years using the app
July 28, 2023

Response from the live chat was amazing, informative. The associate Karol went the extra mile to make sure to provide me extra instructions, and the issue was resolved promptly.

Sister Sue's Closet
About 2 years using the app
July 14, 2023

We've been using Privy for about 9 months now, having switched from Mailchimp when we redesigned our website. The conversion displays and automations have been a game changer for us, bringing in more subscribers and revenues. The team are fantastic - shoutout to Vickee and Henry for being incredibly helpful! The only small negatives so far have been pricing (which of course is proportional to the size of your business and may be worth it) and a couple of smaller technical issues which the team are constantly improving. Overall, we would definitely recommend.

La Fromagerie
About 1 year using the app
August 11, 2023

Privy is a good app to use for any business and they have a great supporting team that replies very quick. Thank you guys!

Nobol, Inc.
11 months using the app
August 7, 2023

I've been using Privy for years and can't recommend it enough. Their support team is fantastic-knowledgeable and quick to respond.

The Blissful Place
Over 3 years using the app
July 20, 2023

I have been using the app for about a month and its going well! We have seen some sales from our campaigns and automation, which is great (means the emails are being seen and delivered, which was one of our concerns starting with a new app like this). So far, the only thing I would LOVE to see improved is the reporting and tracking functions. It is not easy to figure out which of your customers interacted or purchased. I also would like the ability to see the contacts in the segments, this seems like a big miss - I don't want to blast 70-900 people (or even 2) without having any idea who they are or if it was filtered correctly.

Brijjit Medical
2 months using the app
July 10, 2023

Outstanding value- I get about 4x to 5x ROI from my monthly fee, well worth it- great customer support. No complaints in over 4 years !

GMClubapparel.com
Almost 4 years using the app
April 11, 2023

It started good but prices kept increasing. Like many other negative reviews have said - its mainly a pricing issue here.
I have about 20 apps in my Shopify store and this is the only one I have something negative to say about. The communication from privy is very poor about their price changes, limitations and caps etc. They talk ALOT about what they can do for your business and how proud they are to be one of the top marketing apps and bla bla but they dont actually specify information or give details on when things change. You just receive generic emails that dont include any straight forward information.
As my email subscribers grew my price increased from $30 to $90 in a short amount of time, which is way too much of a jump, so they stopped sending customers discount codes when they signed up, yet they still collected that $30 each month. They never even told me that my coupon codes would stop sending either, I had to find out from a customer who had signed up and she received an email with a blank discount code?? They are so sneaky its insane!!
If you dont agree to the new pricing they also put limitation on your account and what you can do in the app, you cant even access anything unless you press agree basically. I ever only used privy to collect emails and send out coupon codes + abandoned cart emails. Just those 2 simple emails, not everyone wants or need to use privy to set up 10 different kinds of email annotations, they should not charge you depending on how many subscribes you have alone, they should offer more price plans/tiers depending on your business needs instead.
But they seem to care more about money than customers needs. A very miss-leading way of doing business. Maybe this works for lager companies that doesn't care about a $60 increase but for a small business like me in a time like this, its truly not a fair or reasonable increase. There are many other apps out there that can do exactly what privy offers but for less or even some free. I would highly suggest trying other apps or else you will be paying minimum $90 before you know it.

Dixiegraze
About 2 years using the app
April 20, 2023

DON'T USE PRIVY! They are very expensive. The price start from $15, once you have more subscriber, they will charge you more. I paid $90 per month for being forced to choose a better plan plus paying for sending email to more subscriber. I was asking partial refund since I couldn't used the service during their website maintenance, the customer service was denying all these service was working while I had a copy of screenshot that it wasn't working. Then they just blamed my computer had issue, no matter what, they just refused to give a partial refund. Save your money, shopify email is enough for your need.

simplecoolgirl