Reviews (1,217)

4.5

Merchants value this app for its ability to schedule sales and automatically adjust prices, saving time and effort, especially for stores with large inventories. The straightforward interface, reliable performance, and pre-scheduling of sales events are appreciated. The customer service is highly praised, and some merchants report increased sales and reduced organization time due to the app's features. The one-time payment model is preferred by some over monthly fees.

June 13, 2024

DO NOT USE THIS APP! Installed today and used the 'straight out of the box' discount creator. It has a very simple system in order to create the discount but when we turned it on, it applied the discount, sitewide TWICE. And it did so by changing the physical price on our shopify products (not just front end displayed price). We are losing hundreds of dollars by the minute and you can't reach any staff at all outside of the standard contact hours - no emergency help. You can't reverse their discounts, they have changed all of our pricing!!

www.indieandharper.com
About 3 hours using the app
September 22, 2023

Have been using Bold Discounts for about 4 years now, and it is very easy and straight forward to use. I have had excellent customer service when I crashed my site accidentally, and the team told me how to rectify the problem right away as far as their app was concerned. I have not had any issues since that fateful day.

Here's what happened, and it was completely my fault: I had products listed at sale prices on my site, and then I tried to overlay another sale through the app without setting the prices to the full retail price first. This created a loop that spiraled out of control. So, make SURE that any products marked as discounted are not included in your Bold Discount sales. It's pretty fool proof, because the app SHOWS YOU which products are on sale.

Since then, I NEVER overlay sales on discounted products (again, the app shows you if it is already discounted), and I pay for a back up service for my site (I use Rewind Backups).

I bought the app for a flat fee so I don't pay monthly. I hope that Bold Discounts will do this again because monthly fees can be bothersome to me (I like the pay now and forget about it model).

Yarn Loop
Almost 7 years using the app
BOLD replied October 2, 2023

Thanks so much for your kind review! Our team is always happy to help. We are glad to hear they were able to get you back on track that fateful day! Thanks for choosing Bold!

September 21, 2023

Excellent App which allows us to switch discounts (offers) on and off large numbers of selected products in groups without having to use spreadsheets or import and export. As others have commented could be improved with a sort and search function for the list of discounts created, to make it easier to find and organise the list. Functionality is great though.

haus®
About 11 years using the app
BOLD replied October 2, 2023

Thanks so much for taking the time to write in with your positive review. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we are pleased to hear you are enjoying the app. Thanks for choosing Bold!

October 25, 2023

Honestly this is one of the most useful app that we use. Once the items are selected they go back to regular price after the sale is up. It used to take us hours to discount and reprice the items that were put on sale. It is also a wonderful app when it comes to run the BFCM sales as they can be pre selected and scheduled and they end on a specific time. We run deals every Wed using this tool. A must have.

Beadsofcambay.com
Almost 3 years using the app
BOLD replied November 17, 2023

We are just over the moon to read your review. Words like your truly motivate us to keep improving! Thanks so much for your kind review, and thanks for choosing Bold!

November 2, 2023

I have thousands of products on my store. A few times a year, we have large discount sales that apply to specific products/collections. Bold Discounts makes this possible with ease.

The only reason that this isn't a 5/5 star for me is that sometimes, when the sale ends, a handful of products still keep their sale price for some reason. It never fails to apply the sale though, which is the important aspect of the app.

AV Figures
Over 5 years using the app
BOLD replied November 17, 2023

Thank you so much for taking the time to write in, we are so glad to hear you are able to create the specific sales you need. If you ever need our help with an issue, we are always standing by! Our team is here for you. Thanks for choosing Bold!

September 29, 2023

Great time saver especially with a large amount of inventory. However as others have mentioned it can be a bit clunky, and could use more functionality with filtering and editing different sales.
Wish it was closer to $12-15/month rather than $20 but it still has it's value.

Orchard Skateshop
Over 9 years using the app
BOLD replied October 3, 2023

Thanks for your review. We really appreciate hearing your feedback! Thanks for taking the time to write in.

October 26, 2023

Bold makes it painless to schedule discounts. We've used this app for 18 months and have seen a huge reduction in time spent organizing and rolling out incremental key sale periods.

We've never had an issue, so I can't speak to the customer service, but that's a good thing! Definitely recommend this app if you're looking for a way to automate your discount scheduling.

Blazer For Men
11 months using the app
BOLD replied November 17, 2023

Thanks for your wonderful review! It truly makes our day - and if you ever need us, we'll make sure are happy with our helpful support team! All the best in your upcoming sales! Cheers, thanks for choosing Bold!

September 28, 2023

We utilize Bold Discounts on a regular basis to help plan and implement promotions and discounts. The app is simple to use and it works well every time. Depending on the number of products, there is a lag in implementing the discount so that it's live on your site. But they have that factored in with a a time estimate to clearly illustrate how far in advance you should turn on your discount. The ability to set the start and end time to the discounts is especially useful.

The Porter Collective
Almost 2 years using the app
BOLD replied October 3, 2023

We are so happy to hear you find the features of Bold Discounts so useful! Reviews like yours really make our day. Thanks so much for writing in, and thanks for choosing Bold!

October 26, 2023

Great app that's easy to use, allowing us to set specific discounts for different product groups.

Barc London
Almost 4 years using the app
BOLD replied November 17, 2023

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Bold Discounts. We are so glad to hear we play a part in your stores success! Cheers!

Edited January 5, 2024

We launched our website recently and used Bold to run our launch sale/discount.
[Update: we've made another sale since].
Our business offers to wholesale and retail customers, and Bold helped us stack the sale/discounts.
The Bold team were highly responsive, reliable and available to help us sort it out.
We feel confident using Bold to run our discounts in the future.
Irfan, Kurpa - you guys are awesome!

Majestic Giftware
7 months using the app
BOLD replied August 14, 2023

Thanks so much for your review! We are always here to help when facing bumps in the road. We'll be sure to pass along your kind words to Irfan! Cheers!