Bold Discounts ‑ The Sale App

Bold Discounts ‑ The Sale App

by BOLD

Storewide sales, discount, flash-sales, & scheduled sales.

ROOLEE

I'm sure this app is useful for smaller shops. Unfortunately, we found it to be very inconsistent and unreliable. Support is very slow and there are features that don't work the way they claim. Shops with collections carrying more than 50 products aren't going to have a good time.

I was very hopeful when I first found the app but left after the free trial to find a more reliable solution.

November 6, 2019

Hi there, I just wanted to apologize that you have had a bad experience with our app and our support. We certainly do not want our customers to have a poor experience when working with us, and we sincerely apologize!

Unfortunately, we weren't able to find any correspondence with you aside from this review. Our specialist, Guri, has reached out to you via phone and email in order to see if we can get to the bottom of the issue, as he mentioned that the installation was not completed by our ROBO installer or by our installation experts.

We hope to be able to get in touch with you!

Goods

Forget about this app. It was a total nightmare. When I deleted the discounts I set up from the app they were not removed from the store so I had to go into the site and remove each one and re-price them one by one! Also, some of the discounts the app applied were 30% & 40% rather than the 10% & 20% I wanted and even a few products were reduced to €0!!!

Now, maybe this could all of been avoided with the help of customer support but as I'm in Europe and the developers are in the US, it was very difficult to converse with customer support due to the time difference.

I don't like writing poor reviews but as this app cost an extensive amount of money (in extra discounts) and time, I want to warn others about the pitfalls.

November 5, 2019

Hello there. I just wanted to first thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - we value all feedback we get, especially when it comes to an app that we recently released a newer version of.

Secondly, I wanted to sincerely apologize for the issues you ran into with the app. From our end, it looks like there was too much time between responses due to trying to look into things for you, and the time zone differences. Unfortunately, due to an unknown bug that was discovered over the weekend, the prices were not properly reflecting, and reverted back.

If you are interested in trying out our previous version of Bold Discounts, we'd be happy to help you with that, and we want to do anything we can to turn this around for you since it was not at all the sort of experience we want our customers to have when they use one of our apps.

Bangili

The biggest mistake of my e-commerce journey: I installed the Product Discounts App by Bold.

I scheduled all my products by collection to be in sale.

Some collections had a 10% and some a 15%.

I tested the night before with one collection and everything worked.

When a price is discounted two things happen: 1. the regular price appears scratched next to the discounted price and 2. a SALE banner appears on the right top corner of the product.

When I woke up at 5 am I checked the store and it was a DISASTER, this is what happened:

- Some products had more than 15% discount (this was impossible, since 15% was the highest discount that I was offering)
- Most products didn’t show the regular price next to the discounted price, only the discounted price
- The SALE banner was missing in a lot of products
- Products that already were discounted and in a collection I didn’t apply a discount were discounted as well…

Bold was manually undoing the job that took me HOURS. Some guy was in my store reverting my work. Someone went into my store, without my permission and started modifying the prices for each product only to show the regular price. Did I ask them to do that? No, I did not! How dare you go into my store and change things around without my consent?

I reached out AGAIN to try to understand what was going on, you Bold's customer service confirmed that someone on their team was manually reverting all my sale prices to my regular prices (again: who authorized that?).

I revoked Bold’s access to my store and contacted them again to see why there were doing something so senseless, negligent and completely disrespectful, super unprofessional… HOW DARE YOU?

Then, I had to go again and start putting half of my store on sale because Bold undid my work without my consent or my permission.

At 2pm my nightmare was over.

Bold had me going crazy from 5am to 2pm, that’s 7 hours of my life wasted because of an app that doesn’t work, customer service that is incapable of doing what is asked of them and senseless and negligent behaviour. I had to postpone my Black Month sale all because of this… all ruined, all my planing and effort just disappeared.

DON'T USE THIS APP OR ANY APP BY BOLD EVER.

Dora Larsen

Really amazing customer support – fast, friendly and helpful. Dylan was really lovely – best customer support you could hope for.

October 31, 2019

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review; we're so glad to hear that Dylan was able to give you the amazing support we strive for. He's newer to the team, but has been doing such a great job helping our merchants. Thank you again for the kind words!

Moy Furniture

Great app with great support, Chintan was able to answer all of my questions and was fantastic help.

October 30, 2019

Thank you for the review; we're glad to hear that Chintan was able to answer all of your questions and help you out with Bold Discounts. We look forward to seeing your success with it, and please let us know if we can help with anything else!

Uppermoda

This app is easy to use and really makes the process of offering discounts super easy. I had exceptional service from Marty and am very happy with the level of support and the swift responses I have received. As a small business owner, I am incredibly happy with the high quality of support I received as I am able to concentrate on my business and can trust that my questions and concerns will be addressed by the Bold Team. Thank you Marty for your excellent service!

October 21, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We really appreciate your honest take, and are super glad to hear that you're finding the app easy to use. Marty is a great guy, and we're thrilled that he was able to help you out! Please let us know if we can help with anything else; we will definitely address any question or concern you might have!

Fine Furniture Purchasing Exchange Group, Inc.

Figure out my issue quickly and I just started. I will see how it performs. They installed liquid for me so I'm hoping this works for us.

October 18, 2019

We're glad to hear that our team was able to get things sorted for you; sorry that you ran into those in the first place! We look forward to seeing what you do with our Discounts app, and are always here every step of the way, so please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance. :-)

Apoteka.hr

I had some problems regarding activating sale and support team was very helpfull, we solved my problem through 2 e-mails. It is nice to know that you can count on them 24/7.

October 17, 2019

Hi there, we're very sorry to hear you ran into some issues getting your sale activated! Our support team aims to get everything solved for you in as quick a manner as possible, so we love to hear that everything was sorted for you shortly after you contacted us.

Please let us know if we can assist with anything else!

Luscious Leather NYC

They do not know what they are doing. I asked them questions and they say let me send you some literature. Instead of answering the question. I was unhappy with the service during the trial and I deleted it before the trial ended but the sale is still going on, even though I have written to customer service four times in the past 6 days. I get an email they are going to help me but they dont. I am in bold Hell.

October 1, 2019

Hello there, I just wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences, as it helps us evaluate how we are handling inquiries and requests. We like sharing our Help Center articles as it can be helpful to understand what went wrong, and how to fix it in case it were to happen again in the future! We're very sorry you found this to be avoiding answering the question.

We are very dedicated to getting this all resolved for you, and I'm very sorry we have been having some difficulty connecting via phone! I'm hoping that our specialists can connect with you today in order to get this sorted out, so that you no longer have the app on your store as per your wishes.

RinkMaster CAN

This is an excellent app that Shopify store owners will want to consider to increase sales on their store.