Order & Product Fees

Order & Product Fees

by MageWorx

Add extra fees to incease your sales and average order value.

Drinkify

good support.......................................................................................:)

March 29, 2019

Thank you for your positive feedback! Reach out to us in case you have any requests or suggestions.

Canoe Cola

I sell beverages and was able to use this app to add a bottle deposit fee to my cart. There are small things that could be improved but the core of the app works great. Support was fantastic. I'd recommend this app!

Engineered Fluids

This app definitely does what it says, and once its all configured it works great!

However, it took a bunch of trial and error and time with support to make it work the we intended. I would give it a 5 star rating if they fixed their documentation so it was clear.

Here are a couple of things we learned:

1) If you are going to use this for handling fees or fees that apply to every product, then you'll be using the HIDDEN FEE type, to make it work correctly you need to make sure to click the "DEFAULT" button for every one of the hidden fee type or they won't be applied, even when you rule would appear to do so. This is no where in the documentation, but should be.

2) You cannot affect the sort order or where the fees are shown in the cart, so they are not group or placed in alphabetical order. This means that the cart looks a little random. We wanted the fees to be shown after the products they applied to, but were told no can do! It really doesn't make any sense, and I'm sure if you could edit the code for your cart you could figure it out.

Other than these the app works well and does as its advertised!

JapanGifts.jp

I have had this APP for over a year, and it works wonderfully! The customer service is Awesome!!! Whenever I had a question or needed something, they always get back very fast, and go above and beyond!! Great Job!! Thank you!!

GripShade.com

App is flexible and easy to use. Provides a wide range of configurations options to manage fees across different product sets, The support department is excellent, Quick to respond and fast to resolve.

Switchback Brewing Co

The staff was amazing, until Black Friday, when they were unresponsive, and the app stopped working properly. It failed to charge a processing fee on every cart, it randomly charged the fee even when all the settings were correct (the staff at MageWorx set up the fee for my store themselves.)

Pretty unhappy with this situation at the moment.

Niche Pressworks

This app allows us to add a mandatory processing fee. Works great and the staff is very responsive.

werunthistown

Exactly what I was looking for to charge processing fees on my Event Products. Includes the ability to easily add IF statements to narrow in the product types to charge fees on with control over how to display that fee to the customer. Thanks!

HMJ - Wholesale

Avoid this app. For every item fee you want to add it creates an entirely new/separate "product" that appears in your cart, which is unbelievably ugly and confusing to customers. So if you've got 10 actual products in your cart, you've also got 10 fee "items" in your cart, on the receipt/invoice, etc. It's a really poor way to go about adding item fees and it blows me away that anyone thought to create an app around it. Granted, it is probably this way due to their inability to do anything on the Checkout pages (Shopify rules), but its still a pretty awful.

It also creates an unbelievable number of products in your database. I only have 7 real products and I've already spent the last 15 minutes deleting, literally, hundreds of these things.

I'm giving this two stars because the support can be helpful. They did a good bit of customization for me, perhaps knowing how awful their app is, but in the end it just wasn't enough. I hired an expert who customized code in about 30 minutes that is lightyears beyond what this app does.

And while support can be helpful, if you're in the US, beware -- they're in Belarus and so the end of their day is 11am PST, if you're lucky. So unless you want to wake up at 3am every day to try to get this working, you have to wait 24 hours, usually, for a response to any question you have. Pretty painful stuff. We were glad to be rid of it.

Cedar and Moss

We use this app to add a cart fee during checkout. It works quite well and the support team is super responsive! I wish there was a little more opportunity for customization (our cart fee needs more details to describe it and there is a strict character limit). The cart fees work by generating products, which can seem a little confusing on the backend, but the benefit is that the cart fee shows up everywhere we need it to (work orders, confirmations, etc.). Overall would recommend this for a solution to cart fees and we have definitely seen this app pay for itself with the increased revenue.