Order & Product Fees

Order & Product Fees

by MageWorx

Add extra fees to incease your sales and average order value.

Exact Tooling

This app was a huge waste of time. They edited code on our theme and the app did not work properly. After we reverted to saved version it caused a lot of other problems which cost us 20+ hours to fix!! I would not recommend this app for the following reasons.

1. We were very clear about how we wanted a handling fee added to our website and was told it was possible. Once we downloaded the app and gave them access to our code they made changes and told us the fee was possible but not in the way we had wanted (after messaging with their support and confirming it was possible before giving them access to our code). I found this to be dishonest and an attempt by them to sell us the app instead of being honest upfront.

2. The app requires you to change the code of your store. This is the only app i have found that requires you to change code in your theme. Most professional apps are developed in a way that does not require this.

3. No live support. When the function did not work properly there was no way for us to reverse the changes, we had to wait for them to get on line and trust they would fix it. Only email back and forth after hours of waiting.

4. The handling fee function did not work the way they sold it to us. Orders under $50 were supposed to have $5 handling fee. We tested it multiple times adding items to the cart and removing items and the fee is not consistent. There were times the cart was over $50 and it would add the fee. There were times the cart was under $50 and it would not add the fee.

Unprofessional app and sold in dishonest way. If they only told us the app would not do exactly what we wanted it would have saved everyone time and one less negative review. Instead they were more concerned with getting another download and monthly fee.

Their 4.3 rating says a lot. After a lot of trial and error with shopify apps I won't be using any apps with less than 4.9 going forward.

April 2, 2019

We’re extremely sorry that you had to face such difficulties. We thoroughly investigated your ticket and please find our comments below.

1) Your initial request was to add a fee for all orders under a specific amount. The thing is that our app can do this without any issues. Please, take into account that Shopify doesn’t allow adding extra fees as a separate row in the checkout as you wanted. Our team didn’t make a promise to set it up this way.

2) Also, fees couldn’t be added without theme code modification due to Shopify API restrictions. Other top and popular apps require code modification as well. You can find a detailed description of how to make changes on Shopify App store listing. Also, we provide installation and uninstallation services free of charge for all customers.

3) Besides contact email we have live chat support. You can find the live chat icon in the right bottom corner of the screen.

4) After reviewing your ticket we’ve found out that when we installed the app, the modal cart was disabled in your store. Then it seems someone on your end enabled it and the fee didn’t apply correctly to the qualifying orders. Please note that our tech team always verify the installation before notifying our customers.

Also, you mentioned that you reverted your theme to the previously saved version and you had lots of issues. The thing is that our code could not be the reason for any issue if you restore the previously saved version since it wasn’t installed there before. Moreover, our installation guide has quite detailed descriptions of what code is implemented to quickly find the code that should be removed. Our team also offers free uninstallation service for all customers.

Please, contact us at email or live chat. We hope to resolve this to your benefit and earn you back as a customer.

Drinkify

good support.......................................................................................:)

March 29, 2019

Thank you for your positive feedback! Reach out to us in case you have any requests or suggestions.

Canoe Cola

I sell beverages and was able to use this app to add a bottle deposit fee to my cart. There are small things that could be improved but the core of the app works great. Support was fantastic. I'd recommend this app!

Engineered Fluids

This app definitely does what it says, and once its all configured it works great!

However, it took a bunch of trial and error and time with support to make it work the we intended. I would give it a 5 star rating if they fixed their documentation so it was clear.

Here are a couple of things we learned:

1) If you are going to use this for handling fees or fees that apply to every product, then you'll be using the HIDDEN FEE type, to make it work correctly you need to make sure to click the "DEFAULT" button for every one of the hidden fee type or they won't be applied, even when you rule would appear to do so. This is no where in the documentation, but should be.

2) You cannot affect the sort order or where the fees are shown in the cart, so they are not group or placed in alphabetical order. This means that the cart looks a little random. We wanted the fees to be shown after the products they applied to, but were told no can do! It really doesn't make any sense, and I'm sure if you could edit the code for your cart you could figure it out.

Other than these the app works well and does as its advertised!

JapanGifts.jp

I have had this APP for over a year, and it works wonderfully! The customer service is Awesome!!! Whenever I had a question or needed something, they always get back very fast, and go above and beyond!! Great Job!! Thank you!!

GripShade.com

App is flexible and easy to use. Provides a wide range of configurations options to manage fees across different product sets, The support department is excellent, Quick to respond and fast to resolve.

Switchback Brewing Co

The staff was amazing, until Black Friday, when they were unresponsive, and the app stopped working properly. It failed to charge a processing fee on every cart, it randomly charged the fee even when all the settings were correct (the staff at MageWorx set up the fee for my store themselves.)

Pretty unhappy with this situation at the moment.

Niche Pressworks

This app allows us to add a mandatory processing fee. Works great and the staff is very responsive.

werunthistown

Exactly what I was looking for to charge processing fees on my Event Products. Includes the ability to easily add IF statements to narrow in the product types to charge fees on with control over how to display that fee to the customer. Thanks!

HMJ - Wholesale

Avoid this app. For every item fee you want to add it creates an entirely new/separate "product" that appears in your cart, which is unbelievably ugly and confusing to customers. So if you've got 10 actual products in your cart, you've also got 10 fee "items" in your cart, on the receipt/invoice, etc. It's a really poor way to go about adding item fees and it blows me away that anyone thought to create an app around it. Granted, it is probably this way due to their inability to do anything on the Checkout pages (Shopify rules), but its still a pretty awful.

It also creates an unbelievable number of products in your database. I only have 7 real products and I've already spent the last 15 minutes deleting, literally, hundreds of these things.

I'm giving this two stars because the support can be helpful. They did a good bit of customization for me, perhaps knowing how awful their app is, but in the end it just wasn't enough. I hired an expert who customized code in about 30 minutes that is lightyears beyond what this app does.

And while support can be helpful, if you're in the US, beware -- they're in Belarus and so the end of their day is 11am PST, if you're lucky. So unless you want to wake up at 3am every day to try to get this working, you have to wait 24 hours, usually, for a response to any question you have. Pretty painful stuff. We were glad to be rid of it.