UpCharge: Surcharges & Fees

UpCharge: Surcharges & Fees

Free plan available. 14-day free trial.
Rating (4.2)
Developer
4.2
January 13, 2021

I have been looking for an app like this for quite some time, Very glad I came across this app. Their Support helped me install it but some app was causing it to malfunction. It took 2 days for support to get back to me about why the app is not working but Angelika Trubko helped me to resolve the problem. The app does take a bit long to load and need improvement on that aspect further than that it is an awesome app and worth the monthly fee.

Gear Here
South Africa
Time spent using app: 11 months
December 14, 2020

We are using this app in a few of our stores now and we find are experiences consistently positive. Team members Dmitry, Alexey & Angelika are always professional, prompt, and kind.

New Year’s with The Neighbourhood
Time spent using app: 4 months
Edited January 12, 2023

The new version of the app is even better than the first one! The load times in the Cart are now so fast, you barely feel them.

The app simply does what it should do. The Support is really great, i often reached out to them because i had a question/issue with my app and the often answered in just a few minutes!

buongiusti AG
Germany
Time spent using app: About 4 years
December 7, 2020

All around "good app", however: Unfortunately, after a few months of use, the app stopped geo-locating our customers. Support assured me they had a new version in the works and that they would not let us down. Fast forward a few months, our team has to single-handedly edit every order that comes in to request more money from the customers after-the-fact, since the app did not add the required fees. This is still not fixed. Being a developer myself, I offered my help to feed the app the proper geo-location from another API on the frontend, myself. This was turned down on their part. I feel there is no resolution to this, as we are patiently waiting for them to update the app. Support is usually very good, Angelika answers very well to every question.

TireDirect.ca
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
Mageworx replied December 7, 2020

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We use the MaxMind GeoIP database to detect users' IP and apply a fee by location, this functionality was inbuilt to the app initially.
Unfortunately, they have changed their policy, and the detection IPs by states has become no longer available.

In order to move to any other way for IPs detection, we need to redevelop the app (this is what we are currently working on).

We are also changing the working principle of the app, it will no longer generate the temporary products at the backend.

Unfortunately, this process takes time though we are doing our best to finish everything up as soon as possible.

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused.

November 26, 2020

Was just what we were looking for! I did my best to install myself, but it wasn't functioning. I put in a ticket rather late in the day before a holiday, and by the time I woke up the next morning, things were functioning great!!! Definitely recommend!

Japanime Games EU
Time spent using app: About 2 months
November 4, 2020

Just starting working with this app. Support team has been extremely helpful. Have not you explored it fully.

Sirius Natural Pet Foods
Time spent using app: 4 days
October 27, 2020

downloaded the app because it said "paypal" in the gallery so i assumed it can add paypal fees for customers who chose to pay with paypal but it cant. didnt work for me

Lavyl.shop
Switzerland
Time spent using app: 28 minutes
Mageworx replied October 27, 2020

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that our app doesn't cover your requirements. However, Shopify doesn’t allow adding extra charges for specific payment methods, because the payment method is chosen during the checkout only.
Our app can add a processing fee that will be applied to the orders matching the available product and cart conditions. Unfortunately, the payment method chosen during the current user’s checkout flow is not something that Shopify API allows to retrieve by 3rd party apps.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

October 14, 2020

After downloading it, I considered installing it myself but took advantage of their free installation which they did quickly. After configuring it, I had one request which they also completed quickly. I was very happy with the technical support. And the best part is it paid for itself on the first order when a customer picked one of the fees.

Box Save
Time spent using app: About 23 hours
Mageworx replied October 14, 2020

Hello,

Thank you so much for this review. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 stars as we strive to provide just that for all our customers.

Feel free to get back to us if you have any questions or need our help. We will be happy to assist.

October 6, 2020

The app doesn't work correctly. A lot of errors and wrong functionality. I will continue searching for a good app.

Bioandelos Profesionales
Spain
Time spent using app: About 2 hours
Mageworx replied October 6, 2020

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We are sorry you had difficulties with the app. Please note that it requires code installation. Our team offers free installation/configuration services to make sure it's set up as expected.

If you ever decide to try it out ever again please feel free to address us.

September 19, 2020

Hi! I created a fee for a product and when I add the product to de cart sometimes appears de fee and sometimes doesn't. Besides, when the fee appers in the total of the cart apper a HTML code instead of the number.
The fee I added was a mandatory fee, but you can quit it in the cart.
How can I solve these problems?

NOKOLA
Spain
Time spent using app: About 3 hours
Mageworx replied September 22, 2020

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry you've faced difficulties while setting the app up. Please be kindly informed that we offer free installation services and lifetime technical support. So you may always address us in case of any concerns, we'll do our best to assist as soon as possible.

Our team contacted you right after you've submitted a request with no reply from you.

Please feel free to reach out to us if any further assistance is required.