Bold Upsell ‑ True upsells!

Sell more with in-cart and post-purchase upsells & cross-sells

From $9.99/month. 14-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.

Outsville, Inc.

Time spent using app Over 2 years

Product upsell and cross sell is a hige benefit but they don't do it with discounts unless you buy the bold discount for another $15 a month.. Feels like a bait and switch so I will look for an all inclusive before I add the second app... Seems to be the norm for shopify with many other store platforms not so nickle diming... I seem to make it about 2 years before swapping platforms so the tick tock is getting louder....

Bullterrierstore

I originally gave this app a 1-star rating but I spoke with Bold customer support and they were able to help me get this working with my theme.

There are still 2 major issues remaining.

1. There is no ability to add a discount without having to pay for their "product discount app". This significantly increases the monthly cost.

2. Both the "no-thanks" and "continue" buttons on the pop-up do the same thing. It makes no sense. There should be a "no thanks" that cancels the offer and "yes please" that adds the offer to cart.

Other than that, the support is fantastic.

PodsBay Australia

Location Australia
Time spent using app 2 minutes

Installed and immediately uninstalled. Its marketed as a useful app but the component I was interested in was "Post Purchase" upsells. I install and then the app tells me "If you want to upsell after checkout you need Bold Cashier installed" which is a 3rd party checkout.

Bold I think once used to be good but now they are simply dying under the weight of their own bloatware and the fact their 3rd party checkout no longer has much of a role as SHopify now has multicurrency.

For real Bold get your act together. Every app of yours I've looked into has been pretty deceptive to be honest and your UI/UX is attrocious and needs a massive overhaul.

Having said all that I gsave 3 stars because I'm sure the app can upsell people but give it rest trying to say it can do "post purchase" when no it cant "without Bold Cashier"

yet somehow ReConvert can do a Post Purchase Upsell. So think I'm going with him like everybody else does because whilst he is expensive at least he's upfront about what his app does or doesn't do.

December 2, 2019

Hi there - I just wanted to apologize that the app didn't meet your expectations with regards to offering post-purchase upsells. I wanted to double check our Shopify app store listing to ensure we weren't hiding any information, and it looks like our description outlines that in order to use the Upsell After Checkout feature, Bold Cashier needs to be installed as it is an integration, which we do not have with Shopify's checkout.

We're glad to hear that you've found another app that will better suit your business' needs! Should you decide you want to give Bold Upsell another shot, don't hesitate to let us know, and we'll do what we can to help you with anything you need.

We wish you the best of luck in the future, as we understand you need to do what's best for your business. Take care.

Dishmaster Faucet

Time spent using app Over 2 years

This was a great app until the recent revision. You can display ONLY 3 upsell products. Even if you upsell a collection of 5 or combine two upsells of 3 it will still only show the customer 3 products that are chosen at random. If you need the customer to see more than 3 products, stay away from this app.
Update..... Changed 1 star to 3 stars. We've had to add Product Options app to go along with Product Upsell to accomplish what we were doing with only Upsell before. Additional monthly fee. Still think Bold should have been more open with us before 'fixing' our Upsell. However, they did a free install and 4 months no fee.

Duck In A Tub Bath And Body

Tried it for a while. Really enjoyed the app. But... had to uninstall.

Here is the reason (by the way the app works great):

It just doesn't work with my theme. My theme comes with, certain options, when people add the items to the cart, they can still stay on the same page. With this app, it didn't work. I know there are ways around this problem, by adding ajax to the add to cart button, and etc... Or there are some apps do the job, but, it is not the same and doesn't look good when there is a banner at the bottom.

If this app works with, my theme in the future, without changing my cart option , then i will be installing again. It might be a good idea to work on this issue, because, when our customers don't stay on the page after adding the items to the cart, there is no point of upselling our products. They get frustrated, and either abandon the cart, or leave the site. Something to think about.

Doggietrek

Good app. I had to pay $25 just to have them install to shopify, which is not included with the free trial. It would be nice if the monthly price included this installation. But in the long run, it can be worth it. I wish the upsell offer window was easier to customize to better match my store's theme, as well as more flexible when it comes to adding titles to certain offers (only 24 characters allowed).

Great customer support. I was helped by Dan, and he was quick to respond, as well as very helpful and courteous.

This app can be very beneficial to any online store. The layout of the program can use a little updating, as well as the design of the upsell window, but overall a very good service.

Texture Clothing

Time spent using app About 2 months

I really wanted this app to work well for me, but it just doesn't. Unless I'm missing something (but I've been on with tech support and I don't think that I am) this app is not very customizable. I haven't made my money back at all and I'm wondering if I'm just annoying my existing customers. I just tried to log in and look at my dashboard and I'm not able to access it. All the other upsell apps are much more robust and expensive that I need. I was really rooting for Bold. Will be deleting unless something turns around within the next 3 weeks, and my first month of paying is over.

Dapprlifestyle

Needs WAY more options and customize, such as being able to choose an entire collection as an upsell and rotate items, instead of having to choose every single product manually, and only getting 3 options. Why am I limited to 27 characters for title? Really dumb!! And I want to enter HTML so I can insert a simple LINEBREAK But I cannot. Looks elementary.

Also, Pricing is expensive, why do I need to pay monthly for a 1-off script? $720 per year. Plus if I want to really use this, gotta buy the $15/month 'discount app' on top of this.

Synek System

Time spent using app Over 1 year

Pretty good at its simple function, but hard to design a beautiful popup window + reporting and dashboard interfaces are AWFUL. It's fairly easy for the service to pay for itself (if you're on the $9.99/mo plan), but is there a way to easily see total revenue generated because of the app (not just MTD)? No. I don't really care how many times something was added to the cart, I care about how many times it was *purchased.*

The Leotard Boutique

Time spent using app About 2 months

Works well & easy to set up - 5 stars on that front. Yes indeed, it does pay for itself. However, a selection of fonts in the upsell pop-up would provide a better continuity of brand image & prevent a less "salesy" approach than the generic format. It is the sole reason I have chosen other competing apps in the past vs a BoldApps product & will likely not continue with this app. Function & style is essential.

Previous 1 3