The overall rating reflects the current state of the app. It accounts for all app reviews but prioritizes the most recent ones.
Northern Vape Co.
This developer has dropped support for Apple Safari. It will no longer sync with my Quickbooks Online on my Mac. Their only solution was to use Google Chrome, which is not an option for me, and honestly... it is a very lazy workaround. I have switched to the FREE plug in offered by Intuit (OneSaas). It is working better and... well, it is FREE.
We were having some issues with exporting. I reached out to customer service and they were fantastic to work with. I worked with Nick, and he took care of us. Glad to know that there is a solid team able to help when needed. Thanks!
I have tried to use this app for about 2 years and we have had nothing but issues with our Shopify orders importing to Quickbooks Online. If a discount is applied to an order, it will not import correctly. It does not import sales tax correctly, so we have to go through each order manually and make adjustments. Each time a customer places an order, a new customer is created in Quickbooks. I tried numerous times to get support, but I was notified there were no solutions. I do not recommend using this app. You will have more of a headache than manually exporting your orders.
Nikhil has always been very responsive and has fixed any issues I've had promptly. Great customer service!
Thanks for the review. Kudos have been passed along to Nikhil.
The Citrus Centre
UK users beware. This app does not handle VAT on shipping correctly after changes last year. Bold are aware of the problem but seem unable to fix it in time to help us. We now have to manually edit hundreds of transactions to change the shipping VAT from Zero rated to 20%. Update: It seems Shopify updated the way it handles VAT sometime last year and unticking the "Charge tax on this variant" means the shipping is Zero rated as well unless another standard rate product is also in the basket.
The solution is to create a collection manually containing all zero rated products, and create a "Product override" in Tax settings for your zero rated collection at Zero% and then tick "Charge tax on this variant" for all products. The app has functioned extremely well for us up to this point, but Bold did not help us sort this problem just saying " our devs are aware of this issue but there is no ETA as to when a fix might be implemented as this would require a major overhaul to our app's core code. Your sales receipts are going to have to be manually adjusted until a fix is released I'm afraid." This indicates that they don't understand that the problem has to be corrected in your Shopify Tax settings and not in their code and lead us to go backwards and forwards not knowing what was to blame. We still have many transactions to edit in Quickbooks, but going forward the imports will be correct.
Thank you for the feedback. Our developers are working on a fix. We're sorry for the additional work that this caused your team.
Everyone acknowledges that this app has its flaws, but as far as price and capabilities I would say it's the best app for integrating Shopify & QuickBooks. Every time I have an issue, all I have to do is reach out to customer support, and they are quick to help with/escalate the issue. Deelen was able to work through some issues with me this past week that will be saving me SO MUCH time going forward!
Thank you so much for the review. Happy that we resolved any issues you were experiencing!
Lake Life Caesar Co.
Quick to help answer my questions and solve any issues I had ! Great customer service:) Grateful for the help.
Appreciate the kind words. We're always happy to help solve any issue. Thanks for choosing Bold.
Boutique OMG Camping!
Hamza was very helpful to solve my problem of synchronization. The app still have some issues with taxes, ans sync, but I would give 5* for support.
Appreciate the kind words. Kudos have been passed along to Hamza. Thank you for choosing Bold.
App does not work well in Canada here are the issues that i have found so far
1. App does not work well with automatic discounts sometimes they get transfer to QB sometimes not
2. Taxes is a mess, sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. If you have different taxes lets say your product only charges GST but for Shipping you need to charge the whole HST or QST the app does not recognize this.
3. Taxes again, if your order has different types of taxes for different products, one is only charged GST other only HST, etc etc. Does not work either the app send to QB whichever rate they want.
4. Shipping taxes and discounts work sometimes.
5. It took me several months to notice this and i had to go one by one on my transactions in QB fixing the taxes that this app decided to put on each transaction (it was a mess)
6. Reached out to them for support and they only said that they are AWARE of some issues with Canadian Taxes, that was several months ago and at least as of today June 2, 2021 the issue has not been resolved. If your store is very simple with no discounts, promotions, automatic discounts, Taxes, then this app might work... but might only. Hope this helps to future customers
I was having issues with the tax calculations and QBO syncing. I was surprised to actualy get a human being to quickly follow up and fix the issue. Nikhil was speedy and great follow up communication. Hopefully smooth sailing from now on!