Quickbooks Sync by Bold

Quickbooks Sync by Bold

by BOLD

Accurate and EASY way to connect & auto-sync with QUICKBOOKS!

Vertical Unit

The app no longer works it seems - i just error 500 upon connecting with Quickbooks - dont waste your time.

Motogateway

This is the most gliche online accounting software on the planet! Pull your head out and fix the million issues this has.

Worst accounting software ever.

By far

It seems that anything BOLD does is absolute garbage, all their other apps are junk as well.

I'm embarrassed on their behalf!

Divas Closet 2

I would have have left a higher review for this app as it seems to have improved. However the fact i now have to pay $30 now to export my orders i can do this via csv for free.

Whimsy Ry

The only reason I'm giving this two stars (and not one) is that the product seems to work ok. It is still buggy on many items and we will see how buggy it ends up once I now have to start paying for exports and there is more information that will be moved from Shopify to QuickBooks Online. Like many others I'm also disappointed to now have to pay a fee when I'm already paying a fee to both Shopify and QuickBooks Online.

I already have to manually enter many items that "Error" out on export. If you want to charge for an item it better work damn near flawlessly instead of having to manually enter sales every month. Never has it properly exported all transactions in a month.

It also appears I won't get the "free" upgrade until August because all they sent was an email notification and I did not notice they were going to start charging because I only integrate sales once a month and just noticed the notification at the top of Shopify today and then found the email buried in between thousands of others I get. They should have given more than about three weeks notification on the Shopify integration page. Proof of crappy customer service and communication.

Update 6/9/18 - I'm bumping my original two star review to three because the customer service did follow up and get us a free trial. I will also say that the program does work overall fairly well. There is still a few issues that would be nice if the would work out. However, no matter what I have trouble swallowing an additional fee that we will eventually have to pay when the free trial period runs out. Having to pay for Shopify, QuickBooks, and this App is a bit on the steep side. I would try Xero except I see Bold operates that integration app between Shopify and Zero also so I'm sure once that becomes popular enough Bold will be charging for that one too...

Kanofski Design

I'm extremely disappointed with this app!! It should be free because I have subscription with Quickbooks outside Shopify, I'm not prepared to pay double the price a month just to sync the transactions! This is ridiculous!!

Uk Race Support

I've been holding off writing this review hoping the support team would sort the problem out but no such luck. So I have to say don't buy this app its a waste of time if you are VAT registered as it doesn't work!
Before we went VAT reg all was fine and every night the sales from Shopify would be sucked into QB and a invoice created. Once we click the 'All Taxes are included in prices' option the link was broke and we get the same error message every night 'You must select a product/service or an account for each split line with either an amount or a billable customer.'
So now I have to manually put every invoice into QB. Ball ache and time consuming.

Happy Earth Tea

Awfully disappointed that we are being forced to pay for this integration. As another seller noted, we already pay Shopify and QB separately for their services. Now, without any warning Bold has taken over, and it is forcing us to pay $30 a month for merely passing on the transactions. Of course Shopify is no bystander. They can now enjoy payment for a function which should have been native to the platform. Feels like extortion.

Elihalpin

Hey, I get it. Another fee? But, this app + QBO + Shopify is still a monster value for what you are getting. A full-fledged e-commerce business and top-tier accounting system that is easy to manage once set-up for less than $200/mo all in. The app accurately imports all my sales into the right accounts, separates taxes, and allows me to put my shipping charges into its own account. I redid my setup to not import customer data as it was redundant b/c Shopify already had it and I didn't need my QBO customer list so messy. For $10/month, I'm ok with Bold maintaining the APIs (or whatever tech jargon that I don't know about) and just making it work. Paypal integration is free but requires me to make a new receipt and deposit for each transaction so I would rather pay to have something work. I also wish that it were easier to balance the Shopify holding account as payout dates are delayed from income that it is hard to zero out. I recently just exported my "Shopify Holding" account from QBO into a spreadsheet and copied and pasted the payouts under the transactions and ran a running balance column to zero out and that got me to balance.

Essentials European Skin Care Products

I'm QuickBooks pro advisor and I believe I know that program really well. As all in the accounting community and I was pretty skeptical of QB online and especially how it handles returns and exchanges, AR, and all the payments from many scattered platforms. I did have a bad experience before with e-commerce and QuickBooks Enterprise but it was a desktop version at the time. Therefore, going into this I didn't have great expectations. So far, my e-commerce business doesn't have big volume but QB works great. It seamlessly integrates with Shopify. It updates all transactions overnight. It handles inventory changes really well. I'm pretty happy about it. I believe that the new QB is meant for e-commerce and it is the correct direction of evolution of that program.

Strongbodyapparel

Doesn't work and they have Zero support. It stopped working and we have tried contacting support multiple times, we just keep getting the run around. They eventually closed our case despite never resolving the issue, or communicating with us.