Bold Memberships

Bold Memberships

by BOLD

A Membership Program w/ Custom Access & Recurring Billing

Pilates with Amelia

I would personally avoid if you can. Not quite sure how it has such great reviews... Not only is the customer support terribly slow but the app does not even allow you to use your themes checkout. It instead creates an unsightly checkout experience with way too many steps involved thus reducing the likelihood of a customer even purchasing a plan.

SharpSVG

After 3 days of waiting for the first response, a guy from support named "Bhumi" responded, I literally replied to him in minutes, after that he replied back in 2 days... I need fast support because this App is not working and not showing content for members only and they keep unsubscribing.

Rede

READ BEFORE INSTALLING - Information is power. If you value the time and energy put into your membership program look for another app. We've had a crippling tech issue with Bold Membership for over a week with no resolution or communication to update the status. Luckily we are in a beta test phase so aren't dealing with hundreds of furious customers who cannot access the membership they paid for due to the membership access page not loading due to a coding glitch with the app. If we were up and running at full capacity our business and reputation would effectively be in the gutter and all progress was undone.

Also, be informed that when someone signs up for a membership using the Bold Membership app plug-in a new order in Shopify is not created therefore will not trigger certain automation that really leverages the efficiencies the Shopify platform offers.

Circling back to the first issue. Please read for yourself the last communication with the Bold Customer Support Team (redacted info appear as '-----' for privacy):

Sep 17, 2020, 11:35 CDT

Hi -----------,

Thanks for responding back. At this point of time, I have no idea of what could be causing this but several other merchants have reported this and that is why this was escalated to our developers. For now, I don't have much information on my end but as soon as we get more information, we'll reach out to you!

Cheers!
----------
Bold Commerce Merchant Success

That was September 17 and we have heard nothing since meanwhile our entire business is hanging in limbo. Clearly, their prioritization of issues in the Bold Membership app isn't as pressing as other issues in their more popular apps.

Their customer support has always been very helpful and this isn't a reflection of their customer support agents as they are just the middle people.

Also, what got my attention initially when researching membership apps was the number of positive reviews the app had compared to competitors. However, after installing the app and working with their customer support on numerous smaller issues it became apparent how they had amassed so many positive reviews. On at least two occasions I can recall they concluded our live chats by saying a statement like "we are having a contest to see which customer support agent can get the most positive reviews, will you leave a review?" In good faith, most people will leave a positive review.

All the information provided above is factual therefore use it to advise your judgment to partner with Bold Memberships.

[UPDATE] Immediately after posting this review their Sr. Lead of Merchant Success contacted me attempting to rectify the situation. My response is below:

Hi ------,

Thank you for the offer but I will kindly decline. I've already invested far too much time on this issue. I stand by my review. We have deleted the app and are moving forward in a different direction.

Regards,
---------

Ticket Resell 101

Do not use this program or any other program by BOLD. They had a glitch in the system and unsubscribed all my monthly subscribers. Over 80 members to be exact and 8 months of work down the drain. Not to mention zero support from these people. I’m taking legal actions against this company for the financial damage they caused me.

KitchClever&co | Kitchen tools & Home improvement

Your app is tough to understand. I've makes some tests and nothing works. And I don't talk about the installation. Dude, we are not coders or experts. Make your app more simple. I will not use it anymore.

October 22, 2019

Hi there. We appreciate the feedback, and are very sorry to hear you find our Memberships app difficult to understand! We'd love to help you get the app up and running and help you understand it better.

We also understand that Liquid code can be difficult to understand, which is why we offer FREE installations of our Bold Memberships app! If you'd like to give the app another shot, we'd love to help you out with the installation, and setting up some memberships. Please respond to our most recent email if you're interested; we'd love to get it up and running for you.

Cali Tiger

Expectations not met. After being passed around like a trash that not one person wants to deal with we have got no further with this company. It has been over 10 days and we haven't had any progress. Dealing with a new person on every email we reply to is just ridiculous. This company should not have so many apps but just focus on doing one thing well. All it would take would be one person just to spend some time with us so we can resolve our issues. Little faith in working together long term.

Aunt Lyn's

I used the app to charge my VIP membership customers yearly. The Bold spe MO" is good apps horrid cust service." Its always a horrible experience . We increased our membership cost. Did not want old members affected- just new members charge the new price. Well our current members got a letter - stating they had 30 days to accept the new terms or their membership would cease. ( yes the one they paid for in full-- and who had 10 11 12 months remaining that they paid for) This should have been easily solved with a call- one email....But the way Bold works is you have to Beg to get a call--they say they will solve-- they email 24 hours later --- you respond then wait 24-48 hours for that answer.....then they respond and you respond and wait another 24-38 hours for their response. Its been over 14 days and my few clients ( imagine if it was hundred or thousands-- ) followed Bolds Solution and they are seeing that THEY HAVE TO PAY..... STILL even those that signed up 2 months ago for the full year AND PAID.
I reached out urgently again last night .....Its been a full work day- its almost 530 NO Response. Its simply not worth the having to deal with my clients on this issue for weeks . They right to be upset....and so are we . Heres my advice make your "VIP membership " a product with yearly recurring subscription. Since Im losing my current customers -- and must refund. Thats our start over plan for now.

April 24, 2019

Hello there, thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry to hear about your experience thus far. It seems the issue has been more complicated than we originally thought.

We'd love to speak with you over the phone so we can get this resolved once and for all. Please reply to our specialist via email as soon as you can to let us know if you'd be able to speak over the phone today.

We'd love to get this resolved for you and your customers without any further hassle. We look forward to speaking with you further!

Maia Ink

I haven’t received any help what so ever although have been trying to contact somebody for the last 3 days. Will gladly change this if someone gets back to me.

April 3, 2019

Hello, I just wanted to apologize if your requests were missed. I checked with our support team and it looks like somebody reached out this morning, however I asked them directly if they could give you a phone call today in order to sort out any issues you are experiencing. We look forward to assisting you!

TeaBubz

Tried to get help, but never replied my message. Will never deal with these guys anymore. Thank you.

March 20, 2019

Hello! We are so sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with our Memberships app. One of our support gurus sent you a message yesterday. Please respond when you are able to, and we will be sure to work on getting to the bottom of any issues you're having!

The Winning Brand

HORRIBLE, never worked! This is app couldn't even download. It's been a nightmare

Previous 1 3