Point of Sale

Point of Sale

by Shopify

Sell anywhere. Accept any payment. Grow your business.

FCLBY

It would be better if there is a document explaining how to operate it. I can try it. It feels nice and small.

Digters

We´re using the app for a year our restaurant business. It´s a retail app and just limited in real use for a restaurant. There´s no table management (the third party app available simply doesn´t satisfies), support is slow, updates are being done without notification and always with some new bugs. It seems there´s no real vision to make this app an ultimate restaurant app.

Gym Culture

Absolutely terrible, and missing so many basic features that should be included in any POS system.

Admin access is required to login to the store, ok not a problem. Except that the app automatically logs out several times a week and requires the admin credentials and password to get back in. There are staff PINs, but they only work once you are logged into the store with an admin account.
There is no way for a POS or limited access account to login. I am rarely at the store, so I have to give all my employees all my login info so they can use the POS app. That's insane! All of my minimum wage, part time employees have full, unrestricted, admin access to all areas of the POS app and online store.

When it does logout, it also loses a lot of information when you log back in. The integrated Moneris terminal for one. Under payment methods, the toggle is turned off by default, and when you turn it on, none of the config setting are saved. You have to get the IP address of the terminal again, input the ECR ID as well as the merchant ID, and reinitialize. This happens every time! I have lost hundreds of dollars in sales from customers coming to the checkout to pay, only to have the terminal not work, and my employees not able to get it running before they get tired of waiting. My employees have called me while I'm at my other business (a restaurant) so I can try and trouble shoot it for them over the phone. During which, I'm losing customers there too! Losing customers at two businesses at the same time because Shopify keeps logging out and losing important information like terminal settings.

Aside from constantly losing me money, it is also useless when trying to remotely manage a business. If you have multiple locations, don't even bother. It doesn't track employee hours, you can't see when employees are clocking in or out, you can't see how much money should be in the till at any given time, how much cash is being deposited etc. You can only check these from the actual physical iPad at that location. Why can you not check these from the admin console instead of me having to physically go to all my store locations to check each individual iPad?

The only reason I migrated my store to Shopify was to have a POS app that synced with my online inventory. What a waste of time.

Jps Bears

This works well for us! The only complaint we have is that it always defaults to credit and we have to back out to get to cash. Causes us to have to press 2 extra buttons on each and every sale. Not a big deal but when busy the time starts to add up. Would be great if there was just a cash or credit button.

Lincoln City Gifts

I use this for my POS in my retail store. It works well on everything accept discounts. It will not apply automatic discounts in the POS. I hate this because I know all the programming is there, as it does it in the online store. Why not the POS???

Black Limba

It only works as an offline solution. It should connect both the online and offline worlds and let you fulfill physical orders from the online warehouse and similar...

BOKITTA SYAHERA

In android tablet doesn't support thermal receipt printer. While in ipad just support only few thermal printer.

Mardina Safiyya

Did not sync with my products on the store. Truly excited at first, but once installed, regret it that much..

Brew Lucky

This is a great tool to keep both of my in-person and online sales seamless! The hardware options are great too!

Newmodeus

The product was delivered in a very timely manner and worked perfectly. I am a happy camper.

Will do business again.