Point of Sale , 439 reviews

September 16, 2023

I love Shopify, making the switch over has been amazing, I have made all my girlfriends with shops convert too! Point of Sale is great, I wish there was a way though to mark items on sale directly from an iPad, instead of getting on to the Shopify website on a computer, and also show how much a discount is on each individual item, instead of just showing the amount off at the bottom total. but besides that, its amazing

Meraki Co.
About 3 years using the app
Shopify replied September 20, 2023

Hey Meraki Co. Thank you kindly for your feedback, we are so happy you enjoy Shopify! I completely understand the need for discounting items directly from your iPad so I'm glad to submit this feedback to our development team.

November 8, 2023

Been using this app for years & love it. I use the LITE version It has its limitations. I was using the full version before when we had retails stores but now, we are online only. But we do still use it when we do events. I believe if you use the POS & Card Reader together the full version should be FREE.

Zabel Designs
Over 5 years using the app
October 7, 2023

I am on the lite (free) plan, There are serious limitations and connection problems if you sell and track inventory items, but when you know that limitation you can adjust your checkout sequence to accommodate for them and I wish we could "fulfill" orders for pickup on the free plan without using a second app, but I can't say enough good things about Shopify POS. Their platform truly understands the importance of a quick and seamless checkout process. I would rate it 4.5 stars

Pyramid Comics & Cards
Over 3 years using the app
September 10, 2023

We have been using Shopify for 5 years now, We are happy overall, one thing I would like to see them add is a contact number for support. Last week in our area there was a major outage for another POS system, several stores had to close, we had a great day and out sales were up 20% for the day!

Jimberly's Boutique
About 6 years using the app
November 18, 2023

Shopify POS is user friendly and works great at our Pop Up Markets. We really enjoy the new feature of having the customer be able to see the screen as they are checking out.

Graceful Designs Est. 2020
Over 3 years using the app
October 16, 2023

I have been using Shopify on-line since 2013, and POS as soon as it came out. In the beginning, they had a free version, but it did not print receipts or have a "Save Cart" feature. So I opted for the paid version of POS. It wasn't much more at the time, but then Shopify combined the paid version as part of the ecommerce site for no extra fee, Yay! (Except Hey, I have been paying for it for a while and now it's free? hmmm) So then they raised the price of the ecommerce, which still included the previous paid POS version. Fine. I was okay with the arrangement.

Most of my sales are online, but once a week we are open, like a pop-up. I love the POS system on the ipad, that uses a barcode scanner, printer, and card reader. And for years I used the "Save Cart" feature as customers tend to pile up all the things they want to purchase to keep their hands free. This feature saved the day.

Except now they have a Pro Version - For $89 a month extra! As soon as they came out with it, they took away the "Save Cart" feature in the "lite" version, (which was what the version I had was now called). I cannot justify spending $89 more a month for 4 days of sales just so I can save carts while my customers shop. My work around is to have a second ipad so I can at least have 2 carts going at a time. My customers often travel far to be able to purchase in store, and they buy dozens of little items that take a long time to ring up. While they are shopping another customer often comes up to purchase one thing, but we have customer #1's cart going, ugg. So that is when we can use the backup ipad.

PLEASE Please Shopify, let me have "Save Cart" back. We only need it on one register, one day a week. I guess it is too much to ask. BTW, I have 3 Shopify sites, doesn't that buy me "Save Cart" for just 1 of them? Or, maybe a fix for my POS?

Rose Mille
Over 8 years using the app
Shopify replied October 17, 2023

Hi, there. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're thrilled that you have been happy with our POS system and the features within it so far. I know the 'Save Cart' feature is something you really enjoyed but from what I'm hearing you sell more online than in person so it's not something you can see yourself upgrading at this time and that's no problem. I was able to find an app that might be able to help you and your pop up shops: https://shopify.link/6dL0. I'm hoping this app's price and features can help you with your store and what you're trying to accomplish. Please let me know if you have any questions, and you can always reach out to our support team here: https://shopify.link/WJna. -Kitana, Shopify Support

November 7, 2023

I really like the POS some things are a bit frustrating trying to add collections and all you have to do and can never talk to a human always a chat bot that never helps

The Classy Cactus & Co.
Almost 4 years using the app
Shopify replied November 8, 2023

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. If you find it a bit frustrating to add collections on the Shopify POS app, then we'd recommend using the Shopify mobile app (https://shopify.link/PdVk) as it can provide a closer experience to the Shopify admin. That being said, if you need further support and/or you'd like to chat with one of our advisors, then we'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chats. Simply visit the Shopify Help Center (https://shopify.link/vRnL) and let our automated chat know where you need help with. From there, simply login to your account and follow the onscreen prompts until an option to chat with an advisor appears. Cheers. -Elias, Shopify Support

September 27, 2023

Prior to Shopify FOH our online retail and in store retail were 2 different channels. This meant no data was being shared across and also no integrated payments. Since using Shopify FOH we have grown our customer database and our direct sales from our newsletter database has doubled over the first year.

Pepo Farms
Over 2 years using the app
October 21, 2023

It's a solid POS App, but you guys keep tweaking, and sometimes more is... more. Like that Blue Arrow button you have to tap after you enter your pin. Why is that necessary? I f you enter a correct pin the main checkout screen should simply open. No need for the extra step.

HUZZAH! Toys
Almost 10 years using the app
September 8, 2023

While my experience with Shopify POS has generally been positive, there are a couple of challenges. The barcode reading feature doesn't always work smoothly, and I've noticed that tap pay often disables itself. Additionally, toggling back and forth between functions seems to generate false abandoned carts, which can be a bit frustrating. It's worth noting that these issues seem to be affecting my business, so I'd appreciate any insights or solutions to improve these aspects of the system.

StylesbyRichLife
Almost 3 years using the app
Shopify replied September 14, 2023

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and taking the time to write a review. I am going to provide this as a suggestion to our developers to have this looked into further. With that being said, I encourage you to speak with our live support about these issues that you are experiencing: https://shopify.link/mLA. This will allow our support to take a further look into the setup of the online store to advise further. We appreciate you providing your feedback about the application. -Ollie, Shopify Support