Point of Sale

Point of Sale

by Shopify

Unify online and in-person sales.

Alpsport

The most basic functionality required for a serviceable POS system has been removed in the latest version, and is not even available on the Pro plan. Particularly baffling was the decision to remove the ability to create a new product from the POS app. This now has to be done by switching between different apps. When an item doesn't scan and you have a queue of customers waiting, you need to be able to process an ad hoc sale quickly. Shopify's solution is to perform a Custom Sale. Unfortunately, there's no way to allocate a cost to the Custom Sale, either at the time or after the fact, so the system assumes a 100% profit margin. Not good for reporting. If you have a physical shop, steer clear.

Coffin Skate Shop

The old app was so much better, as a store we find it extremely disappointing that Shopify opted to take away the basic retail features from their free app and turn it into an extremely expensive add on. We are now unable to process basic return/exchange transactions in-store without paying for POS Pro which is more than our Shopify plan costs!! Why are we forced to double our plans for basic POS features .. in the middle of the pandemic no less when brick and mortar retailers are struggling the most. As well, there is no middle ground POS plan like the rest of the shopify plans, POS Lite offers next to nothing and leaves us without much choice. I wouldn't recommend anyone signs up for shopify if they want any sort of POS functions. Fix it!

Precision Audio

New update is terrible. Unable to search collections, confusing layout and massively over priced. Shopify please fix!
Looking for alternative.

Soda Pop Bros

First off is you run Android at all (like most of the world does) don't bother with this absolute trash system. The level of glitches and headache you will incur is on another level. At this point I'm looking to move from Shopify entirely as it's one of the worst at every aspect of E-Commerce or POS.

Edit Laser

I was built a shopify store and I selected pro after the free trial but I didnt use it as i dont need it. I tried to cancel and I keep getting charged $89 usd per month. i cant seem to cancel . The help centres and pages make it extremely hard to cancel. Not happy

PNW Journey

We preferred the old app to this one as it had far more features and was easy to use. Plus, it was free. This new version looks slick, but is ultimately unintuitive and vastly lacking in features if you don't pay the exorbitant price for a Pro plan. We do most of our business online and can't justify the Pro plan cost. It's disappointing to have so many features missing for the in-store transactions we do have. Most notably, the ability to do exchanges.

Gypsyroad Bowral

In the 6 months we have used it
It's been fraught with problem s
At one stage it failed to recognize
All the barcodes in excess of 500 which all had to be replaced
Time and time again it won't recognize the barcodes and or you can't search
For the item
The latest glitch fails to show all the sizes in pos when when they are available online? Which rather defeats
the purpose
It should at least be free until it works
Properly

KMM Collective

This app is so simple to use and allows me to sell my items no matter where I am from my phone or iPad. It is straightforward, keeps great records, and gives you a lot of options re: customer info.

Trixski

I have used the new POS app and have to say it isn't as intuitive as the last version which I loved. The product images are really muted and the card payment choice is confusing at first

Christine Dufault Cosmetics

After nearly 5 years of use, the Shopify app is now easier to use and has alot of new functions that cover different needs than in the beginning. Love dealing with the Shopify Gurus who are always friendly, knowledgeable and professional. They have really started to focus more on those of us who use the app in a bricks and mortar location only but always strive to encourage you to get an online store, which hopefully someday I will attempt.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18