Highly recommended app for subscription. Stefan has helped a lot for migrating products from stores to stores!
I've been using this app for 3 years and it's worked wonderfully for myself and my customers . As a business, it's very important to have reoccuring revenue coming in monthly that you can count on. My customer service experiences with George and Javaughn recently were top-notch and I couldn't be happier. In the past I didn't like that they charged packages for customer support response times. That was strange and I didn't like it being a long-time customer that rarely reached out for help as it was. I don't think they still have this in place. Otherwise, the app is easy to set up and use. I don't know if the price is changing for it, but it's always been a reasonable price to pay for the service offered.
For over 5 weeks now I go back and forth with many many emails being sent to implement Recharge with my custom bought theme. The support was kind of fast 1-2 days reply time - but the answers weren't always helping 100%. Especially with requesting customization of any kind to make this app work like I wished - but I understand that policy. They were really helpful in providing articles to their knowledge base (which I have read for hours and days now) and finally resolved an issue I had with currency conversion, where the subscription widgdet didn't show properly. AMAZING! So Kudos for the customer service! :)
We are not live yet, but so far everything seems to work for now. I love the integrations with so many other apps. Im also using Goaffpro for Affiliate marketing - The PRO is that coupon codes that are created in Goaffpro only automatically sync with Recharge - no other Subscription Service App here on Shopify. But I expected much more from the leading company for subscriptions on Shopfify with 60$ a month + percentage on sales.
Features that are missing and should be added/improved in my opinion:
- Custom Tags: Why is that not possible? They only Tag customers with 3 of their predefined tags!!
I have several subscription plans that I want to give customers access based on their tags on our shop. I have to spent 15$-40$ dollars per month more for "Customer Tagger" to be able to custom tag a certain customer that buys a specific subscription product. This tag should automatically be removed if the subscription is canceled. Paywhirl has that feature implemented. Why not Recharge?
- The UI of the App: is not very clean and not very straight forward, but I got used to it after several days. Too many clicks to reach what you are looking for (right upper corner, normal menu, tab menus in menus...) But thats just my opinion in 2020..
- Checkout Page: Very basic design - You can change some sentences with their Translation function and Css. But if you are using a workflow for a plan that starts with lets say 50€ and then all the recurring months it should be 5€. There is no way to show that amount correctly in the order summary. You have to use several workarounds (rename your product) to let the customer know, what they really have to pay the next month when they subscribe. Doesnt look very trustworthy to new potential customers on your shop...
- Thank you Page: More than basic - Yes you can add html. No options to upsell or add a download link/button for our digital products, where it would be placed to be user friendly. You can only add html to the very bottom of the page in the footer.
- Taxes: In germany because of Covid my shop will work with 16%. In 2021 it will go back to 19%. Everytime I update the taxes in my shop - I have to manually write them a message?!? Why is this not synced automatically?
- Membership Area: Their knowledge base kind of walks you through this. Im pretty decent with coding - but this is a nightmare for someone that doesn't know any code... I didnt get it to work, but used some own customizations.
For a small business that is just starting out this really is a lot of money. Considering I also have to buy another third party app to get all the functions I need that I expected to get from the top subscription app here on Shopify. Im a little bit dissapointed now, thats why I wrote my review.
Because of all the integrations, Goaffpro Affiliates Coupon Sync, nice customer support and my hope that I can rely on everything really working when we go live I will probably still go with Recharge. I hope this feedback helps to improve the app in the future.
Looking forward to a healthy and good business relationship.
I used this app to start my subscription business model. It works great. But the best point is the customer service. Katrina and Jaden are the best, no matter how many times you need their help, they will be there as soon as they can solving your doubts!! Really happy finding this application!
I have been using ReCharge for 4 months now and I'm very happy with it. The customer service is great. we have converted about half of our regular customers to auto-renew. It's easy to go in and make changes, and the customers get clear email updates on their accounts.
Kudos for Stefan for helping me with the migration from store to store. Highly recommend Recharge and the team!
The Very Good Butchers
They always have the answer for any question we have, code-related or straightforward. If they do not, they will work towards finding one.
This app is really fantastic; quite robust and the support is amazing. Very fast and helpful. Pretty much anything you would want to do with subscriptions you can do with this app.
Probably a very very good app for people who want something plug and play, because their philosophy is a pretty walled garden approach of "just contact us if you want to change anything", which in practice means communicating via miserable ZenDesk help tickets (and being on the receiving end of "type your response above this line" is an experience I've never enjoyed), but I understand why ReCharge may be in a position where this is really the only viable option for them. For someone who's trying to customize their store heavily, this would be challenging if not for EXCELLENT support agents like Jairus. THIS IS A 11/10 REVIEW FOR JAIRUS. Jairus (and likely many other great ReCharge support agents) has gone above and beyond stated ReCharge policy to help me figure out stuff about how the app works that doesn't seem to be documented anywhere. Or maybe it's documented in the dev section, which I haven't thought to ask for access to yet, so hey - maybe I've been the only one getting in my way here! Overall, don't love the ticketing support system, but I do love the folks on the other end, particularly Jairus. Thank you Jairus!
Recharge has helped us to sell subscriptions and was really supportive in helping us migrate over and answer all our questions!