Theme Updater

Theme Updater

by Out of the Sandbox

Keep your premium theme up to date

Mane Management Lifesyle

Theme Updater as been a great addition to our store, www.manemanagement.com. Our customers love the app even though they have no idea of the inner workings. It just works seamlessly with our store!

Find Unique Christmas Gifts

Wow works great. Was a little nervous about using this, but it updated all our design and Christmas Gift Products without loosing anything.

Pacific Garland

Great app and we are really glad to have this available for our Parallax theme. Unfortunately, upgrades and how to get them installed were not on my roadmap when I was shopping for a theme. I cannot believe that we overlooked such an important feature. Out of the Sandbox themes are incredible for all the fine details they offer with so many large and small touches that other themes would require hiring a developer. With OOS they are standard with customer service second to none.

So we love our theme, but then realized we really needed to upgrade our Parallax 2.4 to the new 3+ versions with added features. Enter the Theme Updater...what a time saver and it worked incredibly well. We had just a couple custom items we needed to redo, but now that we are on 3+ this should not be an issue again. This truly is an invaluable product and it's free! Kudos to Out of the Sandbox for helping its customers.

Myfavoritequiltstore

So far this has worked pretty well with our heavily customized Turbo 2.1 Update. We had extensive customization in a few files but they were easily fixed by hand. Will definitely continue using.

The Shark Watch Co

Great team support from these guys!!

Science Shepherd

This app works perfectly! Carries over customizations perfectly. We have updated twice since installing and have had no problems at all.

Shoreline 2

This app is the next step in the world domination by Out of the Sandbox. Why do I say this? Well, to start, they have the very best themes. I've owned two. Second, they have the very best support. Patient, informative, and helpful.

Now, the Theme Updater app solves the single biggest problem for those of us who dig into the CSS and Liquid to modify our themes: It automatically preseves your code changes. The fact that there's a theme updater app in the first place is pretty darned amazing. But I've tried it, and it really works. This app preserves your code changes when updating. (when "updating", it really just downloads an updated copy to your dashboard, so you can double check that all is OK before publishing)

Knowing all this, there's really no reason not to get an OOTSB theme. Great work!

Zendencandles

We purchased the Retina Theme (4.1.5) in April. There have been 2 minor updates since then (to 4.1.7) with a few fixes and features that I wanted to get.

Our storefront (with 4.1.5) was highly customized with special CSS, additional snippets and lots of modified code / liquid changes.

Ran the Theme Updater and was REALLY IMPRESSED - IT WORKED! All (or almost all) of our changes stuck. Now running 4.1.7 with no complications.

Interesting - the only thing that did not get carried forward / updated - were the text and messages in the language file - en.default.json - which was set back to theme defaults - but was easy enough to restore.

The Boutique Rack

Brilliant app, saved me MONEY - I had some custom functionality which I needed on my update, last time I paid $1k to get this done, this time it was FREE

Bluehaveli Com Au

EDIT:
Well what you know,
After posting the review below with a 1 star, I was contacted by support staff with suggestions to fix some of the issues.

And while it is still labor intensive and requiring a full rebuild of home page to upgrade from V1.x to V2, which I just completed in 1 day, I have to acknowledge that the developers are monitoring feedback, actioning issues quite quickly, and I do owe them a Thank You and a 5 stars rating.

----------------------

Disappointing to say the least.
New theme and its updater should have picked our basic front page layout, rather it produced a fully empty frontage that requires full population, and we can not populate to a decent shape.
Banner image overtaking the top bar and the logo, we can not put logo/bar in a clean space over the bar photo, even after hours of trying.
We had nothing special, and your updater should have replicated our front page but it did not.
Why bother?
Sorry if this is hard worded, but we have no time to re-build site with an update that we do not know what more it gives us.