4.3

Merchants appreciate this app for its user-friendly interface and ability to enhance their websites with seamless video display. Its versatility and adaptability have a positive impact on businesses. The support team is noted for their professionalism and responsiveness. Merchants also value the easy installation and configuration process. Features like YouTube video play without the navigation bar and easy targeting mode for video placement are well-received.

November 14, 2023

App is overpriced but does the job. I would be more inclined to keep this app if it was issued at cheaper rate. 1-3.00 is reasonable.

TopHeavyEntertainment
Over 1 year using the app
Code Black Belt replied November 15, 2023

Hello Top Heavy Entertainment Team,

We are very sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our pricing model.

Our app fees are tightly adjusted, taking into consideration different factors such as app development, maintenance, infrastructure, support, and server resources.

We have tried our best to maintain a delicate balance between these costs to make the app sustainable in the long run while still providing the best service possible.

We will be happy to discuss this with you over a phone call or perhaps a private chat so we can provide you with more options.

Our Customer Service Team has been trying to connect with you via email, so please feel free to respond or perhaps send us a new one at support@codeblackbelt.com and we will be happy to discuss this with you.

We are available 24/7, feel free to reach back to us anytime.

Warm Regards,
Code Black Belt Support Team

January 8, 2024

fantastic top-level support was given and the problems I had due to lack of knowledge were quickly and professionally resolved. Big thanks!

BrickBlocks
About 3 hours using the app
Edited October 24, 2023

I am tech illiterate and have trouble turning on the PC let alone installing an app. But Carlos came to the rescue. Very kind patient persistent customer service. I recommend.

Prairie Spirit Trading Post
About 1 month using the app
October 15, 2023

Worst app ever!!!!!!!! Nothing works!!! Lots and lots of glitches in the store. And while the support staff is very nice when it comes to their ability to resolve things - nada! Please do yourself a huge favor, and don't you dare download it!
And if anyone thinks I'm just writing this without proof, I have the correspondence with the support team in my email that will show the enormous difficulties and their incompetence.

Sweety-Crib
Israel
About 5 hours using the app
Code Black Belt replied October 19, 2023

Dear Sweety-Crib,

Thanks for trying our app CBB • Video Background in your store.

We have been reviewing all the conversations you have had with the customer service and indeed there was a configuration problem while configuring the video in your store. First of all because the Vimeo URL was not correctly (it included '?share=copy/' which is not a valid format) and then there was a problem with the mobile location.

We are really sorry you did have a bad experience while configuring the app, but we were trying to help you answering all your emails within minutes. Just for you to know, we are also happy to jump into a call or chat whenever a merchant asks for it, so in case this is your preferred contact method you can ask for it.

I can see that, after the video was configured, there was a problem in the sound on mobile view and the ticket was escalated to our technical support. After that you did uninstall the app, so they did not have the chance to keep helping you.

We have tried to contact you back, so in case you are interested in keeping using the app to the fullest we are happy to jump into a call or chat to help you configuring your videos in your store. In case you decide to reinstall the app, please reply to any of our emails or send a new one to support@codeblackbelt.com. We are available 24/7 and happy to help you!

Regards,

Code Black Belt's support team

June 27, 2023

A free, simple app that just works. amazing customer service as well as helped me with everything I needed at no extra cost! Definitely recommend!

AREVIIA
8 days using the app
Code Black Belt replied June 28, 2023

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this amazing 5-star review! It's our pleasure to hear that you found our app very useful and that our amazing Support Team hit the mark for you.

Always at your service 24/7!

Have a lovely day,
Customer Success Team | Shop Circle

August 10, 2023

Thank you so much Lucille Campo your very quick prompt response!
I totally recommend this app to everyone.

Diana Drummond
20 days using the app
March 28, 2023

This is app is easy to use and more importantly the support team is exceedingly helpful, quick to respond knowledgeable. All around great app!

Authentic Designs
10 months using the app
Code Black Belt replied March 30, 2023

Thank you so much for leaving us a fantastic review. We are delighted to hear you are very satisfied with our app and support; and also, your kind words motivate us to keep giving our best.

Should you need any help, feel free to reach us back 😊

All the best with your business,

May 12, 2023

Very responsive customer service from Valentina who got back to us with our implementation questions within minutes.

WICK Fragrances
South Africa
About 1 month using the app
Code Black Belt replied May 15, 2023

Thanks so much for the great review of the app and our support team! Glad to hear that valentina went the extra mile.

Very much appreciated. Always at your service 24/7,

All the best,

November 10, 2023

Constantly glitching

GIGI BURRIS
4 months using the app
Code Black Belt replied November 13, 2023

Hello Gigi Burris Team,

Thank you for installing our CBB • Video Background app on your store.

We are sorry if you are not happy with our app and upon checking previous email conversations with our customer service team, you were initially experiencing error 403 which indicates a Shopify Platform Outage.

Our Team had tested the app from their Sandbox stores and did not encounter the same issue and since it was a Shopify outage, the 403 error should resolve on its own. Most outage issues can actually be seen and monitored at https://www.shopifystatus.com/

Regarding the video configuration, we are more than happy to assist you or guide you with everything to make sure that the videos run smoothly on your store.

We have been reaching out to you via email and have been trying to reach you over the phone as well, so we can best assist you, however, we are unable to get through to the number we have on our records. Unfortunately, we haven't received any response via email as well.

We have a team dedicated to assisting you 24/7, so please feel free to respond to any of our emails or send us a new one at support@codeblackbelt.com and we will be happy to help and provide you with the best service possible.

We can also jump into a call or chat to help you configure your videos in your store and address any concerns you may have with our app.

​Warm Regards,
Code Black Belt Support Team

May 31, 2023

Super helpful support team. This was the only app I could find that actually did what I was looking for on our website. Anytime I had questions, they answered asap!

Intentionally Blank
7 days using the app
Code Black Belt replied June 1, 2023

Thank you for leaving us this amazing review and feedback. It's great to hear such kind comments about our app functionality and customer support team, it means a lot to us. So, thanks for trusting us 🎉

Have a lovely day,