Yotpo Product Reviews & Photos

Yotpo Product Reviews & Photos

by Yotpo

Collect product reviews, photo reviews, site reviews & ratings

Hanblechia Designs

Like that customers can review, but the jump in price to having the ability to post comments on social media is way too much

Metal Marvels

What should be included in a basic plan isn't... I emailed in because there was an issue and was told that the plan I was on ($30) a month was going away and it was going to $399 a month!!! Who in their right mind would pay $399 a month for things you can get with other review apps for under $40 a month ????? They take FOREVER to respond to support requests. I'm really still unsure why their reviews are so high..... OH and they hide prices on their site now so you have to give them your info to find out it's ridiculously expensive.. No thank you.

Repeaterstore

We use Yotpo, and pay the (very, very expensive rate) for their Powerhouse Plus plan.

Here's the most important thing you need to know: they don't actually support inline SEO with Shopify. It's one of the biggest features of the Powerhouse Plus plan offers on their website, and there's no mention of it not working with Shopify. It wouldn't even be that hard to implement - they'd just need to tap in via the Shopify API and put the review data in a metafield, then have some code to render it in the product.liquid template, then have that block replaced when their javascript code renders the full review functionality.

Their customer service people are well-intentioned, but the corporate/billing department is difficult and apparently don't particularly care about making customers happy. For example, they refused to move our billing back by a week even though they enabled our Powerhouse Plus account on the wrong email address initially.

Their dashboard and website also looks like it was designed in the early 2000s. For a product that costs so much, it's kind of disappointing. Apparently there is a redesign in the works.

The sales guy who we worked with was overly pushy and didn't seem interested in answering my technical questions very thoroughly.

But here's the upside: at the moment they're the only service that offers Product Listing Ads and Seller Ratings, as well as a Q&A feature. So I gave them two stars for that. Until someone else brings out a competitive product, they have a de facto monopoly on the space, so I can't really complain too much.

I'll update this review if any of this changes.

One Fur All

I used the app with Magento and liked it. Trying to use it with Shopify, but can't get any customer support. Submit a ticket, wait up to a week only for them to respond with the same answer (click this article for help) over and over.

I don't think they have anyone doing real tech support, just someone checking e-mail from time to time to copy and past "standard responses."

Support was good when I used with Magento but now seems to not exist...very disappointing.

Buddhapants 2

Way expensive if you want to see real SEO or google results. The "publish to website button" its difficult to use.

The plans beyond basic absolutely ridiculously priced!!!

Givethembeer

YotPo is the total package when it comes to Shopify Apps. The functionality of the app is very easy for customers to use and to manage on the back end. Every time I have needed a tweak to the app, the support team is very quick to take action. Reviews are such an important part of a customer's decision making process. The review service from YotPo is by far the best review app on Shopify.

Myeyecolors

This app helped us create a steady stream of revenue from our customers, encouraging them to buy more, and offering them discounts for their reviews.

Coba Wallet

This app is helping us build the trust in our website. Only have the free version but I like the idea of sharing the reviews on social media.

Soyoung Usa

Free plan is convenient way to gather some reviews but beyond 50 reviews you'll be looking at absurd pricing (min $5K annually) with no way to trial the premium features. They may be great but I'll never find out since there is no trial.

Primary beefs

- Annoying that prices aren;t stated on an available page, you are forced to take a sales call
- Prices are presented as monthly, but since they only bill annually, I perceive it as a smokescreen to real pricing.
- No trial - If the product is so great, why do I have to spend nearly $5,000 ($399 monthly X 12) to “test” ROI?
- the free version does not do anything I can't do with competeing low cost software, so I would suggest you start with something else rather than switching when you hit 50 reviews

Lure Chaussures

I've been using Yotpo for a few years now and I must say I am very pleased with the service. With online business popping up everyday Yotpo keeps your business relevant within the clients eyes with real verified reviews. Thank you!