Digital Downloads

Sell digital products in your store

Price: Free

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

Oredlom

It's great when it works,
I sell digital products with large file sizes (average 3GB) and my uploads get interrupted about 70% of the time, the option to sync to dropbox or google drive for reliable uploads would be a great addition to the shopify digital downloads app.

otherwise this is a GREAT app, there are a lot of paid apps out there but are very limited when it comes to file size and storage space and they are very expensive. as far as I know, this app has unlimited storage which is pretty amazing in itself, plus its free! (I would pay for this)

note/tip to users running Adobe CC: if you are uploading large files and get cut off, try disabling or lowering its upload speed, it pings the Adobe server at random times which can cut your uploads to shopify really quickly.

Daytodayhustle

This app makes it easy to download ebooks at checkout and by email!

Pretty Simple Music

We depend on this 100% as we are #1 in the world for digital music/piano lessons in our genre and field.
www.PrettySimpleMusic.com
This app is AMAZING - we distribute hundreds of downloads per day and this has been a pleasure using. A little bit of an adjustment trying to set up, but once you get the swing of things, you're all set (especially if you use the "duplicate" feature.
Try our downloading process to see for yourself - we have FREE items for you to try out.
www.PrettySimpleMusic.com

Freemancave

Great addition for us, allowing us to sell digital books.

Mgk International

Yes! Love it!
Super Simple to use!
Works Immediately!
Looking forward to loading up more products with this app.

Mike Kollin
Dating & Relationship Expert

Al Flahertys Outdoor Store

The Good
Simple interface, ideal for attaching pdf instruction manuals or rebates to products.

The Bad
No customization
No sorting options
No way to purge items from the list without editing individual products and removing their associated files
After adding a digital attachment to a product you must refresh the page to change the settings on how that digital file is delivered. There is no way to configure default settings to apply to all products you carry.
If you use SmartVendor-Shopify E360 removing products with smartvendor breaks the list and leaves phantom entries. There is no way to remove these entries. We are looking at completely removing the app and reinstalling it to try to fix/simplify the list.
When we asked about future development we were referred on to a $40/month product that does not work well with stores that have a large number of sku's. We have 4000+ so it would not have worked for us.
No way to attach files to a parent item and all it's sub-variants. Even if all variants use the same file they must all be added individually.

This is all disappointing. The app has a huge potential as an improvement in the system but Shopify seems to be more interested in farming it out to third party developers.

Pure Hearts International

Effective. Works well. Wish it could do this, however, but I don't think it can: Sell 'drip' products where files are released over a series of days/weeks/months.

Shoplife Store

This is app is great! Makes uploading my ebooks much easier. Thanks I totally recommend
www.shoplife.store

Crosswordsite

I couldn't do business without Digital Downloads. All my products are digital and this app handles them all, integrating faultlessly into my store and allowing downloads immediately after payment from Shopify's checkout and from the email sent to the customer.

A bulk upload feature would be handy for getting all the files into the store quickly. But hey! Doing them one by one is a good activity for the end of the day when you're brain-dead and shouldn't be tackling anything requiring intelligent thought.

Ninjanutz 2

It works well, but it would be great if the text was customizable to other languages.