Free Gifts by Secomapp

Free Gifts by Secomapp

by Secomapp

Boost your sales with multi offers: BOGO, Buy X get Y, Upsell.

Gladiatorwatches

***WARNING!!! THIS APP WILL SERIOUSLY MESS UP YOUR STORE - INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK ***
in addition to making quite a lot of changes to your theme files, this app will also creates and duplicates ALL your VARIATIONS!!! Yes, for every product!!

And then when you uninstall it - it leaves all that mess behind!!!

I don't know how in the world these guys are allowed to have any apps on Shopify!!

It took me almost 3 hours to reverse all the changes and I did using a backup of my theme. I'd be seriously screwed if not for this backup.

*** STAY AWAY ***

July 15, 2019

We're sorry for a bad experience you have with our app. For our application working, we need to create those clone product variants. Liquid update to your theme is strictly required for this app to work (for hiding those variants from your store's front-end). It would be better if you let us help. The clone variants will be removed if you remove all your rules before uninstalling and most of our merchants are happy with this solution.

I'm sorry again about the problem with your store, please send me an email at support@secomapp.com if you need further help.

Swiftoutdoors

***Update*** Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse... After 3 days of this app throwing errors and giving away free products, bum code being installed multiple times, generally destroying our store and us banging our heads against their support staff in vain attempts to get get thing fixed we told Secomapp to uninstall CAREFULLY. Guess what - they screwed that up too!! - we are now getting liquid errors and our store is broken.

Save your Sanity, save your business DO NOT GO NEAR THIS COMPANY they are cowboys.
Astounded that companies like this get to provide apps for businesses that are actually trading. Shopify, you need to vet your App suppliers much better.

** UPDATE* OMG Developer was sent screen shots of issues for the 7th time - yes, 7th time - still no joy, unbelievable. About to stick head in oven.

DO NOT Install this APP!
Experience has been an absolute nightmare, communications with the developer have been repeated 5 times now and still the app is not working correctly. After spending days tying to get this up and working correctly the developer left a test free gift on last night - my customers bought heaps of free product presented buy the faulty app.
Still not fixed and our store is showing free variants still.

During install (the second time) poor / broken code saw our store throwing random pricing errors for a day. Questions the developer multiple times and still do not have an answer.

Our in house developer has been mopping up after this app for two days

Communication is a nightmare

The repeated back and forth is unbelievable - I am loosing the will to live.

Do no touch this app with a barge pole.

our application. Please don't hesitate

Static Threads

So they add another promotion code on the cart to input the code and then there is ANOTHER one at checkout both do not accept the same discounts only one works for secomapp and one works for shopify. It is very confusing for customers to have two places to put promotions. It doesn't work easily. The people working in their customer service are rude and foreign. The customer service does not get back to you quickly. All this app did for me was cause me a huge headache. Save yourself the headache and get an app that actually works and is recommended by shopify!

I called and spoke to a shopify rep and he recommended automatic discount app and it works with shopify so you don't have two different promotion codes in two different pages.

July 15, 2019

Sorry for your unhappy experiences. We have removed the promotion box from the app to avoid any confusion for customers. Our working time is from 8.30 am -6 pm, from Mon- Sat Noon (GMT +7). All mail requests sent within the time period will be checked and responded ASAP. Thank you!

Buddy Brew Coffee

The developers have been terrible. They pulled my most important item from my site and were completely incapable of getting this app to function properly on my website. They spent over a week leading me on that they could fix this and my item is still not on my site. Be careful with them. you never know what you will get and giving them access to your site opens you up to their mistakes.

July 15, 2019

Thank you for the review. Sorry for the trouble you had faced in the past but we have already improved our application to run properly on your site. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with our team at support@secomapp.com, we will gladly take care of your needs.

Shop Lollaland Com

I signed up for a free trial, and tried a small gift with purchase promotion. The app stopped working after a few hours of my sending out an email campaign, coincidentally, after installing the app, we received several phone calls that our website was not working, and when I contacted support, there was no response. Needless to say, we deleted the app and will not be continuing.

our application. Please don't hesitate

Gsdesing

the worst app on shopify, they make you look for thinks that your theme does not have and the one that the theme has when you add coding just mess your shop...NO GOOD.

Now I believe that the five stars review are paid review!

July 15, 2019

We're sorry your experience with our app was not up to the mark. It would be better if you let us help you install liquid code. Please leave the work for us to avoid any unexpected troubles and reach us at support@secomapp.com to grant us the access to your store. Thanks!

Takeagem

The app page says they offer 14 days free trial, but when I tried to install the app, it said that I will be charged the next day and I have only 1 day free trial.
Not good.

July 15, 2019

Thanks for your review so I have a chance to make it clear for you.
You are only have full 14 free trial days for the first time you've added the app. Trial days will be kept auto counted down for next time you re-add it (if any).
Please reach us at support@secomapp.com to request a trial renewal on your shop.

Colour Is Sound

Do not use this company! I asked them to install a simple discount - buy a t-shirt collection and then get 25% off any other single t-shirt,. After three days of email exchanges they told me they couldn't create my discount - then suddenly on my store without any notification from them OR PERMISSION from me - they had created new variants on all my products giving customers 25% off. ALL PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!! I have had to refund orders rather than fulfill them as the variants installed by Secomapp meant I was trading at a loss - which as we all know - is bad news. Terrible, appalling customer service and a terrible product. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.i did try and communicate with their CEO before writing this review and his response was so poor i felt compelled to write this review, Really folks - do not waste your time and money with this company

July 15, 2019

We are really sorry for the trouble caused. I just want to explain more details in this situation: Most promotion apps, including our Free Gifts app are supposed to create variants for gift products, which is noted in the installation guide. Now we have updated our app so that gifts base on cloned products not by variants.
We have disabled all rules when we were informed that our app did not work as you requested to avoid the situation that customers can buy discounted products.

Premium Dog Treats

App does NOT work. There is no rhyme or reason to why it decides to work one minute and not the next. This should not be that complicated...it causes an absolute nightmare for our customer service and orders department.

July 15, 2019

Hey there, just want to inform you that most of your above complaints have been rectified. When you need further assistance, always feel free to reach us at support@secomapp.com

Fellows Essential Gentleman

Spent 3 hours trying to decode the install instructions as they are in very poor English. After 4 hours we had the app installed but the app didn't work. If you are looking for an app that automatically offers 2 for 1 deals at the checkout by auto deducting deal at the checkout this app is not for you.

July 15, 2019

We're very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. It would be better if you let us help you install all liquid code before you try testing the app.
About the issue on Checkout page, actually, there's nothing for any 3rd party like us to work due to the unlimited permission from Shopify for security matters. Our team of experts will gladly take care of your needs if you choose to use our app again. Thank you :)