Google channel

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

The Gaming Eagle

A complete waste of time. Countless hours, e-mails, and phone calls with Shopify and Google Ad support. This app has caused my Merchant Account to be suspended, fed incorrect data about my products to Google, and as a result, I am not able to run ads. DO NOT INSTALL THIS APP, please. Just don't do it. It will cost you thousands of dollars in lost sales.

March 2, 2022

Hi there,

William here from the marketplaces support team at Shopify. We appreciate the feedback you've provided for our app and will pass these challenges onto our development team for review. I'll also personally email you to followup regarding the account specific details you've mentioned.

William | Marketplaces Support Specialist
Shopify

הליקס, מערכות לימוד אנגלית

If you sell services, this app is COMPLETELY useless, since Google will suspend your account. They do not let you sell services!
Such a waste of my time to set this up, and then get suspended.
Shopify must inform us, service sellers, before putting us through all that nonsense.
Now the problem is how to get rid of all the garbage code that slows my store.

February 27, 2022

Hey there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! I totally understand that you'd like for services to be approved by Google - there could be a few different reasons for a Google Merchant Center account to be suspended, I'd be happy to investigate further with you. I'll shortly email you to gather some more context about the issues and I look forward to getting this figured out at the earliest! Chat soon!

Mario | Shopify Support Specialist

SHOPSOLONY

This app is a complete waste of time as far as I am concerned. I have over 30K products and not one has been approved even though we have complied with their policies on different issues such as "contact us" and "return policies"

February 26, 2022

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing with the Google Channel. I am going to look into this and follow up with you via email with information that can help.

Lucy's Sacred™

Suspended our merchant center account due to "misrepresentation". We have followed all the rules and spoke to multiple support agents over email and chat. All we want is to get a detailed response & help on how we can fix our website & get approved. Google support at this point is avoiding communication with us & telling us to wait 24 hours, after which we are told to wait another 24 hours. And so on. Extremely disappointed.

February 23, 2022

Hi there,

Ashley here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback on your experience. Although Google is responsible for all account suspensions, I'll be sending an email out to you shortly to open up the lines of communication and gather further feedback.

Ashley | Shopify

Lucky Mellon

Account was suspended for "Custom" products. Everything was corrected requested re-review and the only thing they tell me is hurry up and wait. It cant be this hard to review an account that you disabled so quickly without warning. We are over the weeks of run around. No one seems to care or want to help resolve this issue.

February 23, 2022

Hi there,

Thomas here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback on your experience. Although Google is responsible for all account suspensions, I'll be sending an email out to you shortly to open up the lines of communication and gather further feedback.

Thomas | Shopify

Portfolio Pet

Back in November, immediately after connecting this app, our Google Ads account was suspended for "violating the "Circumventing Systems Policy." As of February 20, our account is still suspended, even though we submitted an appeal and Google said they would reply within 5 business days. DO NOT INSTALL THIS APP Update (April 27): our Google account, including Ads, is still suspended. We have received no correspondence from Google, even though they said they would review our appeal back in November.

Hi there,

My name is Ashley from Shopify support. Thank you for taking the time to review our app. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are facing with Google. I'm going to follow up with you in an email and see where I can help.

Ashley | Shopify Support Specialist

Flamescapes

Customer service for the win. Still having a few issues with getting the Google bot on my side but the app is doing its job now and support is even gone a step further to point out what else may help my case for the g-slapper. Still in progress but confident everything will sort out soon. Just make sure you're checking the Google tag information before publishing to Google and it should help with missing tags on publishing. Not enthusiastic still about the two location editing, but just more details to remember in the end ultimately.

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. Although Google is responsible for all account suspensions, I'll be sending an email out to you shortly to open up the lines of communication and gather further feedback.

Nate | Shopify

Medi Shop

App very bad. When you use this app. My account suspended anywhen! you can experience but i recommend you not to use this app by google!

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding the issues you are facing with the Google Channel. Although Google is responsible for all account suspensions, I'll be sending an email out to you shortly with information that can help.

justcurls

Wow what to say. Avoid this App. Repeat, DO NOT INSTALL THIS APP. The account has caused my google ADs account to be suspended. No support from Shopify or Google. The google promotion is now dead in the water. Please do NOT install this app. Shopify, you should not allow this app to be installed. It is a mess.

My Beard Kit®

I see a lot of great reviews and I agree that overall, this app is great however, I can NEVER delete a campaign because it creates a glitch where the ad is deleted in Google ads but still shows active in this app and thus prevents me from creating a new smart shopping campaign. I'm not sure why this happens and no one at Shopify can explain it either but it is really frustrating. Just something to keep in mind.

Hey there,

Thomas here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing with your campaigns. We're going to look into this and follow up with you via email to open up the lines of communication here so we can see how we can help you further.

Thomas | Shopify