Google channel

Google channel | Reviews

by Shopify

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Soda Pop Shop

Does Not Work...Has Not Worked For Years...How there are so many good reviews is beyond me! Only reason I looked at trying again, but I can see that most people have the same issues I have. This should be a number one priority or so you would think!
Please don't respond from Shopify telling me that you are going to look into this, just do something!

GlamInk Clothing

I have been having so many problems with Google Ads/Merchant centre, I have also had massive problems with Facebook. They blocked and suspend my accounts. I have had to employ a marketing team to trying and sort the issues. It's costing me big time and I still haven't had 1 single sale yet!!

June 23, 2021

Hi there, Spencer here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I'm sorry to hear about the struggles you are facing with Google Ads and your Merchant Center Account. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here in order to help you further. Spencer | Shopify Support

Adinkra Coffee

I keep getting suspended for misrepresentation. I understand that it's an issue on Google's side but it seems like there's not really a checklist to help users out on the Shopify side. All we have is a vague merchant center policy we can read through and based on other reviews, it seems like doing everything right isn't enough to get things moving. Can you at least tell us that someone from Shopify is speaking to someone from Google in order to fix and avoid such issues. It's frustrating in ways that you cannot imagine...

June 17, 2021

Hi there,

Lea here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I'm sorry to hear about the struggles you are facing with your Google account suspension. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here in order to help you further.

Lea | Shopify Support

MartCrop

finally my feeds are live on Google but it affected me badly. now I am paying triple amount for each click.

June 16, 2021

Hey there,

Robyn here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us, we really appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing with products expiring in the Merchant Center account. The Google Channel is designed to automatically resync products to avoid expiration - I'm going to look into this in further detail and follow up with you in an email so we can look at getting your products back to Active as normal.

Robyn | Shopify

Jack Spades Athleisure

If I had the same issue with always has. It doesn't care! And then you contact Shopify and they tell you that is Google's problem and Google tells you to something else it doesn't get back to you at all! it is confusing you to say everything went through fine and that I'm approved to start running ads and everything and then the very next day everything's disapproved again like what do they want from us!? We are businesses trying to make money and advertise and earn a living..... Keep saying misrepresentation and then when you fix that it says something else it's never ending laundry list it doesn't work!

June 7, 2021

Thank you for sharing your feedback and that definitely doesn't sound like the ideal situation. When it comes to Google Merchant Center account approvals, this is something determined directly by Google that Shopify does not have any control over. I would be more than happy to share other ways you can contact Google to appeal their decision. I will be in touch by email shortly to provide further details. - Anna, Shopify Support

Raw Cut

looks like no matter how much we try to apply fixes, google merchant is still disapproving our products.. I have spent over two months trying all different possible fixes with no luck.. we came to the point where it's really useless using the app! and time-wasting for us really. We are now syncing our products through a google sheet which seem to work, I would love it if the app is working and saves me all the google sheet hassle as well as getting all the consolidated metrics on Shopify Dashboard but it doesn't seem to be possible...

June 7, 2021

Hey there! Thanks for the feedback. While we at Shopify developed the app itself, we don't oversee the product approval process itself. That said, we do have some good insights into why products may have been disapproved and I've sent you an email so that we can get this sorted out for you. Looking forward to hearing from you! | Jake, Support Specialist

Sprinkled with Magic

doesn't work with custom products. Won't even update new products. Tried to get help but no joy. give up

June 7, 2021

Hey there, Spencer here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing setting up your products. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here and get you set up fully. Spencer | Shopify

The Yorkshire Craftsman

Have been going around in circles trying to get this to work with custom made products, all my products are handmade, therefore no barcodes. I’ve spent days trying to get this to work. I think I might be doing something wrong with it.

June 2, 2021

Hey there! Luke here from Shopify Support.
Thanks so much for taking the time to review the Google Shopping Channel. Your feedback is valuable and we are always looking for ways to improve. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with getting your custom products to work properly with the Channel. I am going to follow up via email so we can dig in a little deeper together and get this sorted as quickly as possible.

Luke | Shopify Support

Toque Crunch

no permite publicar mis alimentos y es muy complejo darlo de alta, no me explican por que no los puedo vincular.

TWISTonline

Terrible for custom products. Our store has over 5000 custom products and due to there being no GTIN / Barcode, the products are being rejected by Google Merchant Center. Shopify's solutions is to MANUALLY SET all 5000+ products as 'Custom Products' in the backend. That's an awful solution to integrating with Google Merchant Center and is going to force us to look for third-party solutions.