Google channel

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

KarenLea Jewelry

Same issues bas everyone else. App itself causes suspension issues and misrepresentation from the get go and makes it impossible to get seen on the internet at all.

March 21, 2022

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding the issues you are facing with the Google Channel. Although Google is responsible for all account suspensions, I'll be sending an email out to you shortly with information that can help.

Adil | Shopify

The Costume Shop

It has been almost 2 months since GTIN issue but no fix. The app loses alot of value without GTIN synchronizing properly

March 18, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Google channel app. We definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding the issues you are facing with the Google Channel. I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

- Nate | Shopify

Yoni Mack

I completely see why people leave low ratings on this app. I just set it up and my account was suspended. When I contacted Shopify, they told me to call Google. I call Google, they ask me for a 10 digit number but I only have a 9 digit number and the automated system deleted me. I am so frustrated with both Shopify and Google honestly!

March 18, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Google channel app. Although Google would be responsible for lifting the suspension on your account, I'll be reaching out by email to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

- Nate | Shopify

Jack's Coffee

Google somehow managed to make more products out of the variants we have on our website and subsequently suspended our account.
I should have taken the other reviews seriously.

March 15, 2022

Hey there,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us feedback about our app. I completely understand that having your Google account suspended can be a frustrating experience. Although Shopify does not have a hand in lifting a suspension from Google's end, I am happy to help you based on my experience. I will be reaching out to you through email shortly. I look forward to speaking to you.

Paola | Shopify Support

The Raptor Ranch

Like many other reviewers, we installed this advert in the hopes of transferring our products to the Google Merchant center easily. Unfortunately, it pushed a product to the service which was incorrectly formatted, and seeing as it had 100 variants, and therefore looked like 100 different products, Google suspended our merchant account for spam. What's more frustrating is that after contacting Google explaining the issue, I pretty much got the response "too bad, so sad", which seems to be par for the course for Google when interacting with small businesses or unknown creators. Really saddening to be barred forever from a huge service like this over a mistake caused by their own app :(

March 9, 2022

Hey there,

Thank you for providing us this feedback regarding our app. I understand that being disapproved by Google can be a frustrating experience - there could be a few different reasons for Google's response to your product feed, so I'd be happy to investigate further with you. I will email you shortly to gather some more context about the issues and I look forward to getting this figured out at the earliest. Chat soon!

Charlotte | Shopify Support Specialist

The Gaming Eagle

A complete waste of time. Countless hours, e-mails, and phone calls with Shopify and Google Ad support. This app has caused my Merchant Account to be suspended, fed incorrect data about my products to Google, and as a result, I am not able to run ads. DO NOT INSTALL THIS APP, please. Just don't do it. It will cost you thousands of dollars in lost sales.

March 2, 2022

Hi there,

William here from the marketplaces support team at Shopify. We appreciate the feedback you've provided for our app and will pass these challenges onto our development team for review. I'll also personally email you to followup regarding the account specific details you've mentioned.

William | Marketplaces Support Specialist
Shopify

הליקס, מערכות לימוד אנגלית

If you sell services, this app is COMPLETELY useless, since Google will suspend your account. They do not let you sell services!
Such a waste of my time to set this up, and then get suspended.
Shopify must inform us, service sellers, before putting us through all that nonsense.
Now the problem is how to get rid of all the garbage code that slows my store.

February 27, 2022

Hey there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! I totally understand that you'd like for services to be approved by Google - there could be a few different reasons for a Google Merchant Center account to be suspended, I'd be happy to investigate further with you. I'll shortly email you to gather some more context about the issues and I look forward to getting this figured out at the earliest! Chat soon!

Mario | Shopify Support Specialist

SHOPSOLONY

This app is a complete waste of time as far as I am concerned. I have over 30K products and not one has been approved even though we have complied with their policies on different issues such as "contact us" and "return policies"

February 26, 2022

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing with the Google Channel. I am going to look into this and follow up with you via email with information that can help.

Adil | Shopify

Lucy's Sacred™

Suspended our merchant center account due to "misrepresentation". We have followed all the rules and spoke to multiple support agents over email and chat. All we want is to get a detailed response & help on how we can fix our website & get approved. Google support at this point is avoiding communication with us & telling us to wait 24 hours, after which we are told to wait another 24 hours. And so on. Extremely disappointed.

February 23, 2022

Hi there,

Ashley here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback on your experience. Although Google is responsible for all account suspensions, I'll be sending an email out to you shortly to open up the lines of communication and gather further feedback.

Ashley | Shopify

Lucky Mellon

Account was suspended for "Custom" products. Everything was corrected requested re-review and the only thing they tell me is hurry up and wait. It cant be this hard to review an account that you disabled so quickly without warning. We are over the weeks of run around. No one seems to care or want to help resolve this issue.

February 23, 2022

Hi there,

Thomas here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback on your experience. Although Google is responsible for all account suspensions, I'll be sending an email out to you shortly to open up the lines of communication and gather further feedback.

Thomas | Shopify