Google channel

Google channel

by Shopify

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Shine On Limited

Well, it's not a totally useless app anyway. But it just mystery unusable sometimes somehow. And when you ask the support, they just told you "It's Google, not us". For me, I know Google didn't do anything for the issue. I can tell.

June 7, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share you feedback about the Google Shopping app! I'm sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with the app, and I'd like to investigate this further. I’ve reached out to you via email, hope to hear from you soon! - Lauren, Shopify Support

Speech Products

Same as everybody else, does not work. Mostly pending products and some disproved for no good reason. Would like to see Google offer a better Free App although it looks like paying is the only option to get good application.

June 7, 2019

Hello Speech Products, first, I'd like to say thank you for sharing this feedback as it is important to us. We do look at these frustrations and try to learn from them. I will email you as well to look at this in more depth as your products should be approved and functioning as intended now. Thank you!

GiftWorldStyle - Brand You Can Trust

Terrible app. So many pending product. We wasted 1 month waiting on pending products. PLEASE BRING BACK A USEFUL GOOGLE APP. THIS DOESN'T HELP ADVERTISE & PEOPLE WILL START LEAVING ...

June 7, 2019

Hello GiftworldStyle. Thanks very much for this feedback. Based on the description you have: "So many pending product. We wasted 1 month waiting on pending products." This could have happened if a product category or something similar is missing on the products. To delve into this more, I'll follow up by email and see if I can help you out. Thank you!

Jukes Street

Terrible, terrible app. We wasted 1 month waiting on pending products. Have read the reviews and everyone else was having the same problem. Do not install this app!

June 7, 2019

Hello Jukes Street, thank you for sharing this feedback with us here. I'll also be emailing you about this to see if I can help out with this issue. I think this might be due to a missing category on your products. I've more about that on this link here:

Thanks.

New England Dive

Horrible app, no real documentation never got anything to publish correctly. Suprised shopify would release such bad app.

June 7, 2019

Hello New England Dive, firstly, thank you for sharing this feedback. We’re always looking to improve apps with feedback like this, and to improve the way our apps work with stores like yours and what we can do for merchants like you. I’ve also followed up with you with an email to log the feedback to our development team and so you have a point of contact with me too.

I'd also like to link our documentation on this app here:

This is the starting documentation and it contains several links to other relevant inforation like "Requirements for the Google Shopping app", "Setting up the Google Shopping app" etc.

Hopefully that helps! Thanks!

Niall, Shopify Support

Digital3d.com.au

Be very careful if you update to this app, their is not ability to edit fields in the app, particularly " description" , its so clunky and now needs to be driven from product or collection page. The feature to only publish certain collections has been moved out of the app. Shopify are normally so good, but they really have dropped the ball here. This migration will cost you money. I would wait until they fix the bugs. So irritated i'm considering changing to another platform.

June 7, 2019

Hi Digital3d.com.au, thank you for sharing this feedback. You are correct in saying in editing the google shopping fields from within the app, it will bring you directly to our product page. However you can use the bulk editor option in the Shopify Admin to make mass changes. I’ve also followed up with you by email to log your feedback for our development team and to demonstrate this bulk editor in more detail for you but in summary, you can go to:

> Click Products in the Shopify Admin.
> Select your products in bulk by clicking the white square beside each product title.
> Click the "edit products" button.
> In the bulk editor, select the fields you want to modify. Then save your changes.

Hopefully that helps, but I will also email you to go more in depth with this for you.

Kwoff

All 1,400 products on my site are no longer on Google Shopping after installing this app. All your products will move into a "pending" status. The migration utility for the old app to this is garbage. As far as I can tell I'm not passing the Google checklist as the gift cards don't have vat being charged on them even though they shouldn't have VAT on them and I don't have them listed on Google anyway. Thanks Shopify!! Possibly your worst app ever. UPDATE - We were originally told it would be "3 - 5 day" for Google to approve products. Now we are being told up to 10 days. So unless you are able to deal with 10 days without Google shopping. Don't install this app.

UPDATE - Turns out the app will list your products on Google, but the integration to get the publishing notifications back appears to be broken so the app lists all your products as pending. Still a terrible integration though.

June 7, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback! This is a current limitation due to the fact that Google reviews all products manually, and products can be listed as pending for 10 business days. That said, we work hard to ensure that our apps meet the needs of our merchants, and I'd like to dig into this issue further with you. I’ve followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team. Hope to hear back from you soon! - Lauren, Shopify Support

Namesti

So, far. No good. Error messages come with no instructions or understandable reason for appearing. Google is fast to set up payment, and then as usual, leave the customer with no help or decipherable instructions. I'm not sure Shopify apps are any good TBH, but Google is notoriously unfriendly to small businesses. I think I just wasted a morning with zero positive results.

June 6, 2019

Hi there, thank you for providing us with feedback on Google Shopping! We are always working on improving our apps so I have sent along an email in case you needed any further assistance on this. - JP, Shopify Support

Plant Essentials

Worked great to start with, then I get an email that I cannot reply to, and can ask no-one for help about - saying my landing page currency and google shopping feed don't match (using the words "violated policy" - you know what - you're deleted... you want to take my advertising money, and then send me emails like that not offering clear and simple help - FU Google

June 6, 2019

Thank you for sharing feedback on our Google Shopping app. Currently the app can only be used to target one region which is determined by your store currency, this could have been the cause of the error you saw. For policy violations, that is determined by Google and is outside the scope of this app, but I understand how frustrating that can be. I’ve followed up with you via email to log your feedback and see if I can provide further information for you! - JP, Shopify Support

Vera Fabrics

NO ITEMS ARE GETTING APPROVED - ITS BEEN OVER A MONTH. BUT APPARENTLY THEY CAN SPEND £23 FOR ME ON ADVERTS WITHOUT ANY APPROVED ITEMS? WHAT IS GOING ON!!! PLEASE BRING BACK A USEFUL GOOGLE APP. THIS DOESN'T HELP ADVERTISE & PEOPLE WILL START LEAVING SHOPIFY!!

June 6, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback about the Google Shopping app! If you use the Google Shopping app to sync products to your Google Merchant Center, sometimes the approval shows up in your Google Merchant Center before it get's updated in the app. If this happens, simply reach out to Shopify Support and our team can further assist!

I followed up with you via email to see if there is anything we can assist with and to share any feedback with our development team. I look forward to hearing back from you!

- Alex, Shopify Support