Google channel

Google channel

by Shopify

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Debs Shopping Network

Im new at this but did manage to get everything up & running with my shopify account... I actually kind of stumbled through process but hopefully figured it out...

Polka Dots Boutique

Easy to use. Everyone you know Googles everything, so it's a no brainer that this should be part of the tools used in business.

Alpine Rings

Update 12/5/2019: Shopify support reached out to me directly after I posted this review. They did a complimentary review of my setup and let me know that everything was set correctly on my end. They said it takes 14 full days for Google to "learn" your products and to figure out the best placement for conversions. Seeing no activity during this period is normal.

We are now 21 days into the campaign and we're starting to see activity from it (sessions, adds to cart, etc). It appears that it was working correctly this whole time which really goes to emphasise the importance of improving the user interface. I made a few suggestions to the support that reached out to me and he said he would pass them on to the developers. I really hope they do because this is a valuable marketing channel and could be a great tool if it were more user friendly.

For example, there is nothing telling the user that this learning period is underway. It just says "active" and "running" which is not accurate. Adding to the frustration is the fact that you have to dedicate a portion of your marketing budget to it- In my case $5/day (or $150/mo) which is not a small amount.

I am updating this review from 1 star to 3 stars because it does work.. The user interface is just severely lacking.

Original review:
I really hate leaving negative reviews but I think this app needs to be completely overhauled. I fumbled through the setup and after some trial and error got most of my products to get accepted by google (48 out of 51). After this, I tried setting up a paid campaign with a starting budget of $5 a day. The campaign has been "active" and apparently running since November 14th and in these 7 days, there has been zero activity and I'm honestly not even sure if they're actually running. I have had really good success on Google adwords campaigns as well as Facebook campaigns but really zero activity in 7 days? It seems like something is wrong with the campaign but there is no way for me to diagnose it inside the app. Everything just says active, accepted, and running. This app lacks intuitiveness and navigating through the setup and maintenance is very cumbersome. Most of these positive reviews look fake if you read through them, so I'm not sure if the developers even care to improve it. Sad because this would be a great marketing tool if it worked!

November 21, 2019

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Google Smart Shopping campaigns that are created within the Shopify admin require up to 15 days for Google to learn and optimize your products and audience. Once Google optimizes what will work best for your business, this is when you will most likely start to see results. This can be found in our handy help doc as well (https://bit.ly/35qB8HE). I'll follow up with you via email to provide some more insight and tips on this and so we can continue our conversation there. I'm happy to assist and look forward to working with you.
Jonathan - Shopify Support

incrediBEAN

so far easy to use and easy learning process to get more out of shop. I will be interested in know how does this help my store.

Make Face Socks

very good,very good,very goodvery goodvery goodvery goodvery goodvery goodvery goodvery goodvery goodvery goodvery goodvery goodvery goodvery goodvery goodvery goodvery goodvery goodvery good

Pepplo Styles

I found it comfortable, to set up the app and working on it. Hoping to see my positive results soon.

Soul Chic Cosmetics

the app is amazing i love it so much. it has helped my business tremendously. Google is the best to do business with.

Remixyakickz One Stop Custom Shop

used this app to add google shopping. It was fairly easy to do. I can not wait to see what new business this brings.

Bercker Wicks

thumbs up! great and easy to work very pleased with this google product. thank you google see you again

BlackBearSurvival