Google channel

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

Safetysigns.ie

Support team were very helpful in investigating and resolving some syncing issues we had between the app and Merchant Center as well as providing some great tips. Thanks

October 22, 2021

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We definitely want you to get the support you need in regards to the syncing issue you are facing with the Google Channel. I'll be sending an email out to you shortly to explain some details. I look forward to communicating with you there.

Batavia Machinery, Inc

Update as of 10/22/2021 - I was able to get it sorted out with google and my account is back up but it took weeks and many headache calls to google to resolve the issue. My review I wrote is only towards google not shopify in any way just to be clear that shopify is a great website that I love to use and I have no issues with shopify at all only google. Same here on October 7th my account was suspended due to policy violation: Misrepresentation. I have called Google until my head is about to explode they wont give me any reasons to why my account was suspended how can I fix something that I have no idea what is wrong. I am at a loss of words and now I see lots of other people are in the same boat as me. If anyone has any idea I would love to hear from them. machineryone.com I was told if I pay $750.00 I could be be unsuspended.

October 22, 2021

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We definitely want to make sure that you get the clarification you need in regards to the Misrepresentation message you are getting. Although Google is best to direct you with this, I'll be sending an email out to you shortly to explain some details that could help. I look forward to communicating with you there.

Natural For My Baby

Same issues. Does not work. Google requires GTIN codes and if left empty all your products will be disapproved. I create custom products and it doesn't work.

October 25, 2021

Hey there,

Jason here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are facing getting your products approved with Google. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here and see if we can provide more information to help get this resolved.

Jason | Shopify

Douglys.Com

Very unhappy with this app and with Google. Everything was sailing along fine and smooth until I changed the name of my website last week. Almost immediately, my Google account was suspended for "misrepresentation". Wait. What? Yeah.
Since that time, I've tried every which way I know to resolve the issue - all to no avail. I have kept asking for reviews of my account and Google allegedly reviews my site but still won't advise me as to what's being "misrepresented" so I can fix it. It's like David (Doug) versus Goliath (Google).
Now, over the past week, I am hearing a lot of other people/businesses are also having the same issue (Google is citing them for "misrepresentation" too - it seems to be the "in" thing now). And, the only thing I can figure is my name change has thrown Googles computer/servers off and, while their servers are crawling my same site with a new name, perhaps they "think" its a different site? I don't know.
Additionally, when I look at my product listings in merchant center, most of my products were last fed/crawled/updated in September BEFORE the name change and there doesn't appear to be any way in the app or in merchant center to force an updated feed. So... Google won't tell me whats wrong, the app won't tell me what's wrong. So I am left with no choice but to close/cancel my Google accounts and remove the app - clearly a real pain in the XYZ. So much for all the work and effort to try to make Google happy.
In any case, I don't need this added aggravation, nor does anyone else and, whereas Google refuses to advise me of what exactly is wrong, I have to conclude there is nothing wrong and this is a case of false accusations.
If business partners cannot trust each other, it's time to separate.

October 25, 2021

Hello there,

Paola here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I completely understand how frustrating this experience was for you. Although Shopify has no participation in Google Merchant Center Account's suspensions and Google does not share with us the reasons why they suspended an account for Misrepresentation, I'm happy to share some suggestions based on our experiences. I will be reaching out to you shortly through email. Looking forward to chatting with you!

Paola | Shopify

hydrafitnessparts

Same issues here. We are very much unhappy. It was working great but stopped working from around 3-4 weeks ago without giving any notice or issues. Still it's not working. Our sales and traffic are lost too much. Please investigate ASAP. Thanks.

October 20, 2021

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We definitely want you to get the support you need in regards to the issue you are facing with the Google Channel. I'll be sending an email out to you shortly to explain some details. I look forward to communicating with you there.

Jungle Aquatics Pet Superstore

Simply does not work. Google requires a GTIN code and if left empty all your products will be disaaproved. Also takes a week for the feed to load any changes and review. Not worth the effort, make use of alternative apps on the App Store to feed to Google

October 20, 2021

Hi there!

Paola here from Shopify. I completely understand that the Google Channel requires lots of details from your product and that this can be an overwhelming experience. However, the app was build with your feed's best performance in mind. If you are selling custom products that do not have GTIN, you can still use the Google Channel. I will be sending you an email shortly with more details and the steps. I want to make sure you are able to take full advantage of our app if you still wish to do so!

I look forwarding to talking to you soon!

Paola | Shopify Support Specialist

Kwaitokoeksister

I am very very unhappy. This app had a bug of which they did not inform their clients about and all my products expired off Google (after running smoothly for years). That led to my Google Business account being unverified and disappearing off Google and now the only way I can get verified is by postcard (22 days waiting period, if it ever arrives) I have lost SOOOO much money and my Google rankings that I worked so hard on are all gone. I have send support requests and no one from this app even bothered to get back to me. I would not recommend this app as their clients are not important to them. They killed my Business.

October 14, 2021

Hi there,
William here from Shopify, we're sorry that you haven't received the level of support you were expecting and we're definitely interested to hear more about what happened with your account. Since this has information specific to your accounts I will reach out over email to discuss further, please look out for that email and we'll bring any feedback to the developers to investigate.
William | Shopify Support Specialist

Ključavnica

Hello! I would love to use this app but Slovenia is not listed as a market. Is there any chance this will change in the near future?
Thanks for your reply!

October 13, 2021

Hi there,
William here from Shopify. Our app helps merchants to connect to the Google Merchant Center for the target market chosen in the app. Slovenia is not currently available for Google merchant centre but I will reach out to you via email with some more information.
William | Shopify Support Specialist

DollieBabies Outfits

I'm really struggling with Google over the use of this app. I'm getting conflicting info between my shop and the merchant centre. I uploaded 50 items from Shopify but merchant centre is only showing 45, then Google suspended my merchant account for misrepresentation, and just sent me a link giving many reasons as to what they class as misrepresentation. 4 emails later to them, they keep sending the same link with the misrepresentations on. They won't even investigate what my particular reason is to why its issuing a misrepresentation suspension. When the app is working well, its great, but when it isn't, it is so not worth the hassle it brings with it.

October 9, 2021

SGFreshIdea

All products not synced with Google Merchant Center. Reached out to support more than a week ago and no replies till date. Sad to say that customer service seems to be non existent

October 9, 2021

Hey there,

Jason here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are facing getting your products synced with Google. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here and see if we can provide more information to help get this resolved.

Jason | Shopify