Kin Custom

Kin Custom

by Kin Custom

Print & dropship on high quality apparel with custom branding.

familiar...yet different

Good luck getting any technical or customer service from this company.
No Live Chat availability, No Email Response--Shopify can't even get in touch with them!

Po Wasted Po

I don't expect them to answer me, but the worst part of this process, will be having to created all of my designs and merchandise all over again.

The hits just keep on coming. Delivery is the backbone of any business. If you can't deliver, on products or promises, you're not worth much. As a service industry provider for the last 15 years of my life, I know what underdelivering, can do to a reputation.

I'm not sure why, for THIS last order they switched carriers, from DHL to FedEx, but it is generally known, that FedEx has the worst reputation out of all of the carriers out there. I ordered the items on Thursday October 31st, with rush delivery. Had this been DHL (based on ALL prior deliveries, at least 7 by my count), the latest I would have received my items, probably would have been Wednesday. DHL is known, at least to me, for sending me updates regarding shipping, stating that a package will arrive on a Wednesday, and they have ALWAYS overdelivered, and it arrived the day before. There hasn't been 1 shipment, where DHL hasn't delivered a day in advance.

Now, for the most important delivery I have to date, they use the worst shipping company on the planet. The worst part is, throughout this entire process, Kin custom has been dismissive, flippant and extremely cavalier about the fact that I'm going to miss having clothes I had designed, and paid double to have made in time for this event, arrive 3 days too late, without an apology.

The sublimation process for the clothing, is far better than expected. That being said, it's definitely not that way for the sneakers. The one's that I've designed, that have colors on the tongue part of the sneakers, show cracks through the color, after only wearing them for a day. I personally would gladly pay more for a deeper, richer sublimation process, so that the sneakers don't look like they've been spray painted in the area, where the foot motion leaves a crease. The crease itself is not the issue. It's where the color cracks where the crease is, and it looks like it was wrinkled white spray painted sneakers. I'm not sure why I'm not able to upload pictures here, but I will send it to them directly. Outside of that, the cushioning on the insides of the sneakers is better than expected.

The socks on the other hand, are way too thin. I had to take them off my store. They are not all what I expected. The consistency of the material, is like a dress sock.

I hope that they can improve in this area, because I believe the shoes are good quality. Out of the box, they look good, but after a day of wearing them, the color on the sublimation process, does not hold up.

November 5, 2019

Hi Po Wasted Po,

We apologize for the printing issues you are having with our sneakers. As a reminder, we offer a 100% print guarantee so please submit a return request in Creator Studio and our Customer Experience team will get it handled for you immediately.

Our print methods include UV, sublimation, and DTG depending on the product you select. Our Sneakers use the print method of UV as they are made of faux leather, where our Lace Up Canvas Shoes are made of durable canvas and use sublimation. We recommend transparent graphics on the left and right side of the Sneaker, whereas dark or all over prints work best with sublimation on canvas style shoes. We appreciate your input regarding our socks and are always dedicated to finding ways to improve our materials and quality for your satisfaction.

If you have any more questions or need help with submitting your return request, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at info@kincustom.com.

Leimana Hawaiian Artisan Jewelry & Gifts

This app is easy to use, even easier with a computer. The interface for cell phones is frustrating but they do tell you that the app is better on a computer. However, with everyone using their phones these days for everything, a better cell phone interface would be great!

The convenience of the app in terms of being able to see mockups of all kinds of products with your design on them, then deciding which one to design is great. Also, the option provided to do your descriptions and name your design once, and when it is uploaded to shopify it is auto added to each is cool too. However, I have yet to discover how to change the names of my designs once they are done, and there should be a bulk edit ability in the app to make changes to pricing, descriptions or sku’s, etc.

Interface between Shopify and this app is not as easy as Printful, but even with Printful, you still have to finish entering some info on each product, as is true for this app. I would love to not have to do that.

And, when an order is received, I have to manually send it to KC Custom, pay for it myself and manually add the tracking number to Shopify. Which is not updated by them, so I have to manually archive it once it’s delivered.

I love the variety of products offered and thus far I have not received any customer complaints about quality. I ordered a bag/purse for a sample and it felt “sticky” and looked not true to what I was expecting in terms of color, but not sure if it was because of my design, or my phone colors, the printing process or if it was bagged before it was completely dry. I ordered the slip on flyknit shoe as a sample and they were beautiful. The branded packaging of both the bag and the shoes were really nice as well!

My biggest complaint I guess is with fulfillment times and shipping times. In general, allow two weeks from order to delivery. I wish it was quicker, but since it comes from China, I understand.

So my review is mixed cause I have mixed feelings about this app. For now, as long as they offer unique products as they do, and have great customer service, which they do have, and the design process is stellar, I will continue to use them and put up with the downsides to this app, but they would be so much better with a few app changes and faster shipping.

Ps: it would be great to see some Polynesian/Asian models, larger (Above 2-3X) sizes, all over print onesies, more children clothing and accessories, more dog products, mens button down, short sleeve and long sleeve shirts, and women’s long casual dresses. Also it would be great to have a choice of background colors for products, and a selection for mirror printing on items. Also, when you have to add another design, it would be great for the program to default back to the page with all tour designs, rather than downloading the design again.

In spite of all if this, I love KC Custom and find myself designing like crazy!

Mahalo!

October 21, 2019

Hi Leimana Hawaiian Artisan Jewelry & Gifts,

Thank you for your thorough review! We appreciate all the details you mention.

Every item purchased is handmade to order so for this reason it takes slightly longer as we do not carry inventory and try to eliminate waste as part of our sustainability approach! We are actively working to improve our app accessibility and shipping times for a more seamless experience. Please note, we offer expedited shipping with a 3-5 business day turnaround if you prefer this instead of free standard shipping which can take longer from 7-10 business days.

Good news, some of the issues you are having can be easily resolved! You may check out our Shopify app comprehensive tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7gcnRkHtBI&feature=youtu.be. This walks you through step by step on how to automate your order processing (see part 4). We certainly do not want you to do any manual updating!

For order processing, we cannot allow you to update SKU's as our system must be able to recognize the designed products. To update your design details including design name or description, simply login to your Kin Custom Shopify App and:

-Click 'Design' on the header
-Click 'Edit' on the top right thumbnail of the design
-Enter the updated design title, tags, and description

We’re so glad to hear you love the products and always welcome suggestions for new ones! You may submit a product request by visiting our website as each quarter we review every request to see how we can meet our customers needs for the upcoming seasons. As for the bag/purse sample, we apologize that your bag arrived sticky. We are looking into this issue with our production team to see what could have caused this issue. Our Customer Experience team will be in touch with you to get more details on this.

If you have any more questions or need help with order processing, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at info@kincustom.com.

Undergrad Society

Products are good but almost 0 customer service. They take days to reply and only reply to easy questions (and not even fully). Also most of the time their answers are copied and not related to the questions at all. Very disappointing!

October 8, 2019

Hi Undergrad Society,

We are thrilled to hear our products are great and sincerely apologize regarding the level of service you have received up until this point. One area we dedicate our efforts to is listening and committing to our customers. Although it has caused you frustration, which we apologize for, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Our Customer Experience team operates Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST. If you have reached us outside of business hours, you may submit a ticket through our automated ticketing system which we reply within 24 hours or by the next business day. A member of our Customer Experience team will be in contact with you to investigate your issues further.

dMart Gear

I have had this app for a little but now, just started adding some products to it. We sold out first item through them last week. Was very impressed with shipping time! Our customer was also very happy with the product. I also like the White Label service and that we can brand out products with our logo. Will be expanding our offerings through them

October 2, 2019

Hi dMart Gear,

Thanks for the review! We're happy to hear you're looking to expand your offerings with our services. We love your shop, and especially your Halloween products! If you're interested, we also offer wholesale products you can add to your store in minutes, with additional discounts of up to 45% off.

Thanks again!

WhiteRiceCowboy

So far so good on these products. Out of all the POD services, I hope and pray this is the one for me and my t shirt business.

October 2, 2019

Hi WhiteRiceCowboy,

Thank you for your review! We're happy to do business with you and hope you find what you're looking for in our services. We also offer white label services and custom branding sets for only $1.99 so you can customize your apparel with your own brand logo.

Let us know if you have any questions. We're here to help!

Revenge of the Weirdo

I’ve been using kin custom before they had a app on Shopify for my store and never had any issues. Now my orders never import over. I keep getting told to set up a API and download the app in the app section when the app is downloaded. Then I’m prompted to login in all over again and when I do that I get “system is busy try again” . This has been going on for almost two months. I’ve reached out to customer service and it took forever to respond & the one that did just sent a basic answer and never responded back.

September 18, 2019

Hi Revenge of the Weirdo,

Thank you for being a long standing customers of ours!

We appreciate your patience as we work through these issues and apologize for the time spent trying to import your orders. After reviewing your ticket history, our Customer Experience team expedited this to our tech support to schedule a call with you to see where the issues are occurring. We will continue to follow up to ensure this gets resolved for you.

WWL

so far kin has been great for my company. the quality of prints are great. i really love that they offer white labeling also.

B Inspired Boutique

I love the fact they have pre-designed products however some are a bit pricey. And the other issue I noticed from what I understand is that you have to accumulate $50 in profits before they will pay out to you and you use their pay system. You should be able to collect your profits at the time of sale, unfortunately won't work for me......but other than that it is a great app and have great products.

The Official Dolli Bijoux

i have really been enjoying the app and the quality of it up until recently. i am unable to access the app from my shopify store and my orders are no longer importing into their system. i have two orders to fulfill and i am hoping to hear back from someone to resolve this issue so i wont have to refund orders...

June 18, 2019

Hi Dolli Bijoux!

We apologize for the problems you've been experiencing when importing orders. Your patience is appreciated as our app was experiencing intermittent technical difficulties.

Our Tech Support has been working diligently to get this corrected and the app is now running smoothly. A member of our Customer Experience team has contacted you directly to confirm the app is functioning properly on your end as well. Please let our Customer Experience team know if you're still having this issue and we will investigate this further for you.