4.1

Merchants highly recommend this app for its robust email marketing and SMS features, including an intuitive email builder, powerful segmentation, and automated flows. They appreciate the user-friendly interface, seamless integration with Shopify, and advanced analytics tools. The app's customer support is noted for its quick response and expertise. Comprehensive training and resources make it suitable for both new and established businesses. Some merchants reported a significant increase in revenue after using the app.

March 12, 2019

prompt reply response. Im getting the hang of this app, after all Im seeing it is user friendly... cool features.. like the service. do recommend

Amia Hair Extensions
Edited April 8, 2023

Klaviyo is full of bugs. For instance, their default email preferences update does not display the current selections of the user. When I reported this to customer support, they insisted that this was not a bug at all but rather an enhancement request. Insane! I then discovered on my own that Klaviyo allows you to create your own email preferences page, but as they explicitly say, they offer no support for it, you are on your own. After struggling on my own I got it working, only to then realize that this page is only HTTP and insecure. So I spent a day figuring out some clever workarounds to solve this but then another bug has now crashed this feature completely. I am stuck waiting until tomorrow when customer support chat is available again to fix this. Email support autoreply tells me to expect to wait 48 hours. This is just one of at least half a dozen bugs I've encountered, each of which cost me days of work to find workarounds on my own. Customer support chat can go four days in a row without being available due to maintenance overlapping with the weekend. FOUR DAYS!!! When customer support chat is down for maintenance, there is no prior warning or current alert when you try to use it. It is just greyed out for no apparent reason. When this first happened to me, I wasted an hour trying to figure that out before giving up and switching to email support. The only reason I don't totally regret picking Klaviyo is I suppose other platforms could be worse or have their own set of issues. If you like frustration, you will love Klaviyo.

UPDATE: I am leaving at 2 stars because when Klaviyo works, it does the trick. But I am back to spending days getting their preferences pages working. After 18 months, it spontaneously broke and I am back to this nightmare. Klaviyo support has given up solving their bug and has asked me to use Cloudflare community postings for help in solving this.

CLiiNK
Over 1 year using the app
Klaviyo replied October 31, 2021

Hi Scott, we're sorry you've encountered these roadblocks upon setting up. Our goal is to provide prompt service to all customers and appreciate your patience as we work through a busy time of the year. A Support representative will reach out to you shortly to answer your questions.

January 9, 2019

This is a shocking app.
Don't waste your time.

They essentially lock you in by linking user opt-outs into their own platform and not updating it on shopify so if you want to switch you have to manually make the changes in Shopify. This is just disgraceful.

I also sent out an email using their platform, changed the reply email to the business one and when i clicked send out it put my personal email in it which went to over 1000 addresses. I am absolutely dumbfounded about his terrible this platform is. Clearly developed by tech people who don't have a clue about UX or UI. Shocking.

Other features that don't work properly:

1. Dashboard analytics are always displayed wrong.
2. Live map of campaigns doesn't work.
3. Shopify integration is only one way - waste of time.

Save your money and time - look for something else.

Smooth Sales
9 months using the app
September 27, 2016

I think this is a great app. The flows are very intuitive, the wizard is perfect to get setup and all in all it is an app which is easy to work with. The only downside is the limited translation options when you are on the free plan but I plan to upgrade quite soon to avoid working with mixed languages. I would without a doubt recommend Klaviyo to a friend.

Nunun Dk
Denmark
March 21, 2019

Pretty happy with this app, it takes a little bit to get use to, but once you are in deep it is good.

The Fish Room TFR
New Zealand
September 18, 2019

So easy to use - wish I had installed this when I set my store up instead of Mailchimp. Great free app.

Bonza Dog Treats
February 7, 2021

Out of all the email platforms out there. Klaviyo is my number r#1 choice. It integrates seamlessly with Shopify. 100% recommend.

Shop Bits & Pieces
February 5, 2020

great app. I recently started to use it. I think it is gonna be a killer app. So far great email tool

Northlord
Greece
April 8, 2021

L'application est vraiment complexe à utiliser, trop d'infos, on n'y comprends rien. Je ne sais même pas annuler mon abonnement facilement. Concernant les mails, le design est très limité!

MY LONDON DRESS
France
9 months using the app
November 25, 2022

It's a great app for the most part, but it's very unsettling how much they have increased the price and made no changes to justify that.
Its VERY difficult to gauge how much your monthly bill will be, as they always tack on new charges. i have noticed the wait times drastically increase for customer support over the years as well.
It usually takes them a very long time to help and all they do is send you long confusing articles I really wish they didn't basically double the price.

CRYSTALS.COM