Klaviyo: Marketing Automation

Klaviyo: Marketing Automation

by Klaviyo

Marketing software built for your growth

Harvest Media Company Group

The ease of use and the customizable template are stellar. Most apps of similar functionality require too much intervention from the subscriber.

XtremeTeez

This app is a game changer. I was a bit overwhelmed at the start, but it didn't take me long to work out how it all works. I highly recommend it because it will help you to automate your lists and send out professional-looking emails to potential customers, or existing customers. Almost forgot, their support team is GREAT!

Lorenzo Uomo

While the functionality, in theory, is excellent as it allows for more sophisticated segmentation and automated flows than most mid tier email platforms will allow, the execution is shaky.

The team clearly has an admirable mission in mind yet feels incredibly junior and not too professional.

We have encountered numerous hiccups, such as the most recent example:

We were unable to send an email blast. After reaching out to support, we received an email stating that there was (an unannounced) scheduled maintenance. When we mentioned that it would have been good practice to alert businesses of this scheduled maintenance in advance, this is the reply we received:

"I've shared this feedback with the team and I believe they felt it would have been a smaller or lesser noticed UI experience. Again, we're sorry for the maintenance and inconvenience. If you need anything, please let us know!"

Clearly, it is never Klaviyo's fault. They refuse to take responsibility and place the customer at the center of their business model. This is a company run by very talented children who have yet to grow up and understand that fun functionality must be cooked up with one, and only, purpose in mind–serving their clients.

Update: I am now taking my business to Omnisend. They provide all the functionality of Klaviyo and more. Moreover, they are customer centric and understand that they are in a service oriented business.

Margot New York

Has alot of more sophisticated features that enable better control over segmentation of audiences–across conventional and automated flow campaigns. However, can be very glitchy. Times when you are unable to pull audience segments (due to a glitch that took over a week to resolve) or inability to send email blasts. Support is spotty; chats are on and off and it takes days to resolve issues.

If not for the glitches, would have received 5 stars. Great functionality, shaky execution.

Clear the Ocean

I use this app to help me send emails and manage my lists of clients. I find it fairly user friends as I'm pretty much a computer dope.

MDNA SKIN

It's good, until it isn't. Our account was suspended today with no warning whatsoever - apparently sending to non engaged customers. It's been 8 hours and NO response from their customer service team. Totally unacceptable.

Australian Variety Store

So far so good, I use this app for my email marketing and so far have not failed me, I hope this continues

ohsonutrition

I got a nasty shock when these guys billed me $700 for annual fees. Not reminders or notifications. When installed the app over a year ago our mailing list was much smaller. At least send a reminder since bills are not sent via Shopify. And to top it off our emails were not being sent because something changed and our domain wasn't verified so guess what? We'd been missing out sending emails to customers. Apps are meant to make the life of small businesses easier, not make them harder. We've found better options. Now we just need wait till our annual fee runs out. Never again!

Caveavindirect.fr

Update: After 5 days and 3 different people, I was able to solve my problem. I will be testing further before moving to a paid plan. Thx
Been a free user for 3-4 days now and I understand that I don't have access to the same features as a paid user. However, I think that I have the rights to fully test the potential of the tool. Unfortunately, as a free user support is inexistent so I'm asking myself is it worth it to move to a paid plan?!

K. LaMoura Boutique

It took a little time to get accustom to the features and navigating; HOWEVER once I did - this is GOLD!! I curate clothes - I'm supposed to be dramatic :) It has helped me increase my potential reach. The analytics and segments are easy for me to read and interpret. I look forward to a long and fruitful partnership. ~ K. LaMoura