Bold Multi‑Currency

Bold Multi‑Currency

by BOLD

Currency converter with real-time multi-currency billing.

Chelsea King Inc.

I like what the app 'promises', and the quick responses received from the app developers prior to adding the app to our site. Since the app has been added however, the service has been challenging.

August 26, 2019

Hey there. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that our support hasn't been top-notch for you so far. We are extremely dedicated to getting this resolved for you and making sure all your questions about the apps are answered in a timely manner.

Looks like our app specialists have been in contact with you about resolving any remaining questions you have, and we'll be happy to keep the conversation going until all questions are answered!

Roarlay

works, but kills your store performance, unfortunately. Took me a while to nail the performance issues down to this app. looking for another one now.

The Project Garments

support is very slow offering no solutions too. I would have loved it work but unfortunately, plain checkout is so much better

Trendout

Worked great for 2 months, but then, it stopped working...

Besharamindia

App is fine for a basic store. We installed it few weeks back and have emailed BOLD thrice to assist with a simple question which is - How to remove currency short name from the amount. It already shows the currency icon, and the short name makes it repetitive. We have not received any response in over 10 days now. My developer isnt able to get access or figure this so a helping hand would be appreciated.

Lulwa Couture

I have been trying to get in touch with customer support for days with no use...

Laurenklassenjewelry

If you intend to use Bold's Multi Currency app in combination with the Bold Cashier app as a way to sell in multiple currencies from one Shopify store, be careful.

Stripe attempted to charge a customer the equivalent of *$47,000* instead of $500 because the bold apps mis-converted a sale in Japanese yen. So the customer saw the correct price in their own currency on checkout, but stripe tried to charge their card almost 100 times more. Luckily (obviously?) the card declined the charge.

I only realized this happened a few weeks later when looking closely at stripe and seeing a customer (whose info was not saved in Shopify or in Bold..) had tried to order something in yen.

This also led me to realize that the Bold Cashier app will not save any abandoned carts/checkouts at all, despite claiming it saves them. And if you disable Shopify's checkout to use Bold Cashier as the checkout, Shopify will not save abandoned carts anymore.

Urban Baddie

Although the folks at Bold tried to help, it is way, way too much of a headache to get this app installed correctly. I don't have the time or patience at the moment. I am uninstalling for now. I may try it again later unless I just decide to buy a theme that includes a currency converter already installed.