Order Printer

Order Printer | Reviews

by Shopify

Print invoices, labels, receipts, packing slips, and more.

Good Cubed Development

Not working, will not load. Scrabbling to figure out another solution to our order slip printing.

Morse Toad

App is selective about what it prints. We select say 30 orders, but the app only prints 15. We then have to waste time working out what has and hasn't been printed. We also risk missing orders which is very costly for us.

Auto Fasteners And Clips

Completely useless. Shopify doesn't have any way to print an invoice, so they created this app. However, if you try to print an invoice it only includes very basic information. It doesn't include any payment information and so you can't send a "paid" invoice to a customer.

In addition, you can't send an invoice to a customer from an order, you have to print it to PDF and then email it to the customer. You can't even use the Shopify email app for this because they don't allow attachments.

I realize that Shopify was intended for sales to consumers - but many of us ship products to businesses and they generally require proper invoices.

Why this is still not part of Shopify's most basic functionality is baffling to me - and apparently to hundreds of other merchants by the sheer number of one-star reviews.

Bacon Barbells Company

Pros:
-Creates a basic, easy to read receipt for customers.

Cons:
-Only allows you to view the 10 most recent orders. If you have more than 10 orders, the fastest way to find your next order is to search the order number, then open Order Printer, then print. Very aggravating.
-Very sluggish app. Takes a long time to load which is painful when your store is busy.

The one star is because it's free.

Exotic Lures

Kinder Kreations

No I will not be using this app
No I would not recommend it to a friend.

So frustrating. I shouldn't have to learn how to code.
This used to be an included option and still should be!!.
Shopify don't care about its customers, only how much revenue they can get from apps.
Get your act together shopify - you wouldn't exist without your customers, so how about including what should be standard
And for-crying-out-loud STOP taking functionality away from users and replacing it with paid apps.
Thinking about moving my shop to an entirely different platform.

Iontoderma

We can't add barcodes to the invoice anymore because the app blocks javascript.

Dojishop

you could make some more example templates. App is almost useless

Yorkvilles

The order printer needs work. Does not work if you want to print the order tags. And it is generally ugly unless you upgrade to another app.

Printing orders should be a basic task that should not require an app. You would think Shopify would have enough money to care about its customers.

Bold apps do not work either with the app when you have multiple products purchased at the same time.

Shopify blames Bold Commerce. Bold Commerce blames Shopify. The business model that Shopify employs with the apps is really frustrating and it seems they do not care about their customers.

Spectra479

The overall look is nice and I like how you can edit the code. The downside is that it does a terrible job if you have a partial refund to the customer.

I had the wrong shipping settings and a customer was over charged for shipping. I saw right away and applied a refund. Easy right? Well when I went to print the invoice, It shows the the partial refund at the top but then shows the shipping cost to be the incorrect amount and shows that the customer still owes the amount that I refunded. I had to hand write the correct adjustments on the invoice.

So basically, it still needs work.

------------------
JAN 2019 Update
Doesn't really work anymore. We keep getting error codes that show up on the packing slip when we print it. It's pretty unacceptable and makes us look unprofessional