Booster: Page Speed Optimizer

Make your pages feel like they load (almost) instantly

Price: Free

One-Click Page Speed Optimizer

The Top Shop

Time spent using app About 1 month

Ultimately this app slowed down my store front. I'm pretty sure this is a redundancy with Google search, or most marketing measures but let's leave that up for speculation. Update:
The app description does not match the apps intended functionality. To future users please consider this - this app allows your page to start loading when your links are hovered over. This would be most beneficial for websites with high resolution photo videos etc that require a longer load time. If most of your product photos consist of JPEGs this will do nothing for you. If the conversion goal is to be clicked and directed right to a product to be purchased this is not for you. If you're selling photography this is for you.

July 29, 2022

Hi there,

James here from Booster Apps, I'm sorry for your experience so far using the app. As mentioned in our app screenshots and description, our app preloads links – so when a customer moves their mouse cursor over a link, we tell the browser to pre-load that page. When someone clicks that link, the page has already loaded. This results in a faster browsing experience for your customers. Some merchants have seen up to 3x real world performance boost. Since most of the speed score apps test on first page load, the machines wont pick up the speed change.

Image heavy stores do benefit from this app, you're correct, but since the app preloads html as well, it will work on stores that don't have many images too.

I'd love for you to give it another shot - or if you'd like to chat about the technical details of our app happy to chat at james@boosterapps.com.

I read through your conversation with Pat from our team, and in rare cases there's a hiccup on install – this is an easy fix on our end and something we're happy to take a closer look into.

We've reached out over email to help make things right!

Gaby's Bags

Time spent using app Over 2 years

I've had this app for ages apparently. I synced it recently. But I don't see any results. Our site is still abysmally slow despite how the theme is supposed to be fast. Still looking for an app that can diagnose and address those issues. I guess people should be wary of an app that consists of one button + ads for all their other apps.

dormroom.shop

Time spent using app 3 minutes

It preloads links. It won't help with your speed scores, and says as much. AFTER you activate it. This app's existence is a sales funnel to their other apps. 1 star for wasting my time. you should say what this app does clearly HERE on the page

July 3, 2022

Hi dormroom shop team!

James here from Booster Apps, hope you're doing well and thank you for your feedback.

Our logs indicate you installed the app at 12:11am, enabled the app, disabled the app, then uninstalled at 12:13am and left your review. Reason I mention this is because if you only had the app enabled for 1-2 minutes, it may be difficult for you to see the real world speed increase on your website.

As mentioned in our app screenshots and description, our app preloads links - so when a customer moves their mouse cursor over a link, we tell the browser to pre-load that page. This results in a faster browsing experience for your customers - some merchants have seen up to 3x real world performance boost. Since most of the speed score apps test on first page load, their machines wont pick up the speed change.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and take care!

DJSkog

Time spent using app 32 minutes

This app is really misleading, as adding a single .js file does not speed up your website. I tried to get answers from support: "what does your js file do?" but they left me hanging, probably because they didn't know the answer. I would not recommend this app until the author becomes more clear about what it does and how it works. Seems like it's just a marketing tool.

January 27, 2022

Hi there,

First and foremost, thank you for your feedback. I can understand how important website speed is in today’s world, so I see the desire to keep your website loading as quick as possible, and to know how the app works.

The app itself uses software to preload links on your website, thus speeding up loading times after the first page load. And to answer your question about caching, yes the app preloads pages to cache assets for any future requests. When you asked our Tier 1 support team what the JS file does, they were looking into the issue further with our development team to get you the right answer. I'm sorry about your experience so far.

Our Support Manager Rob has sent you an email as well to resolve. Happy to jump on a call and get to the bottom of this and to give you some more technical information about the app itself – james@boosterapps.com.

Flume Clothing

Location Italy
Time spent using app About 20 hours

Actually slowed down my loading time by about 300ms. No point in using it unless im pressing the button in a wrong way.

DaVallia

All my images would NOT load after app install! Not worthy. I don't think I have any more words to explain as required by the program. Website worked perfect before app install, website would not load images after. And it wasn't the app?

December 19, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I'm afraid this completely unrelated to the app :( Our app places a single line of javascript code to speed up your next page load - we do not have any access to editing or updating your images.

Gone Glamping

Time spent using app About 1 hour

After I activated the app, the "Buy Now" button started blinking on all product pages so nobody can press it and buy anything. I contacted Shopify help desk and my theme developer - they said it is caused by a code left from 3rd party app which was not removed properly. The 3rd party app is Page Speed Optimiser. Shopify has created ticked and contacted them on my behalf, I also tried to reach out to them and got the email back: As a business yourselves, I hope you understand that with over 100,000 users of our free apps we can only provide help documentation support for these apps.
My site is down and there is no support to solve it.

September 11, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I've replied to the ticket submitted. I'm afraid this was not caused by our app. The app adds a one-line javascript reference that doesn't interact with your theme. I'd be more than happy to fix this for you though. I've sent collaborator details to your email.

Paul Jarrel

Location Spain
Time spent using app 1 day

I don't how it work so well for everyone.

We checked our website speed before adding the app with the google speed check.

And we checked it after.

The website went slower and even worst after the second day.

Sky Arrowz

I used this app to optimize my website loading time even though the app says no need to take any actions my webpage still takes close to 14 seconds to load.

June 25, 2020

Hi there, thanks for the review. You are absolutely correct, the app will not show any increase or decrease in GTmetrix or any other tool.

From our FAQ on the dashboard of the app:

-----------
Important Notice:
This app will not increase or decrease any pageload speed metrics such as Pingdom or Gmetrix. The app preloads links, which only works from the second page view. These apps DO NOT account for second page load times in their results.
-----------

The app utilizes open source software (https://github.com/instantpage/instant.page) to preload links on your theme, thus speeding up loading times after the first page load.

As mentioned throughout the app, some themes already include this open source code by default. As a result, these themes wouldn't see any increase in speed because the code is already present.

we-nexus

Time spent using app 18 minutes

Worst app ever i installed in my store..........................

Shit***Apps... Note Recommended..................

June 10, 2020

Hi there,

Not a big fan of the swearing, but I understand that you might have been frustrated using the app for some reason.

More than happy to help dig into any issues you may have had if you'd like to share?

Previous 1 3 4