Bold Discounts ‑ The Sale App

Bold Discounts ‑ The Sale App

by BOLD

NEW! Storewide SMART sales in seconds with sale timers & icons

Fabrik 7

Was great but now does not work for my timezone and resulted in advertised sales not starting at the scheduled times which was a complete disaster. Submitted support ticket by email and had no response.

Brutalitees

discounts haven't been loading all week, minimal support although I've sent maximum tickets and live chat to try and get it sorted my end most of which has been ignored, this is holding up my store and costing me big time!

Nextcigar

Suddenly just stopped working altogether. I'm trying to run promotions and the app just keeps loading at the start/stop promotion. Hopefully this gets fixed as it was once a trouble-free app.

Brothers With Glass

The search feature does not work well, its hard to get what you want from this app. Paid $100 for it and have been waiting months for bug fixes. You also cant stop a bulk edit once its started, I know this is possible as other apps allow you to cancel. These are issues I have contacted support for months with no resolve. It has some nice features but this app really needs some updates and the developers feel its complete the way it is. I wish I would have been able to get it as a subscription so I could cancel but I am stuck with this under performer.

Urban Modesty Inc

Discounts are completely off. I ask for 40% off one, app applies it twice!

Keep Doggie Safe

This app is so complicated and repeated request to customer service were not answered. This was my first time buying it in full and it was a BIG MISTAKE.
There should be an onboarding call or someone to help if you are charging full price upfront.

We would love a refund- since it's apparent we never were able to even set up the first discount but our request for a refund was refused.

BUYER BEWARE

True Love Honey

I got this app to work in tandem with product upset. Product upsell is not working correctly, and I am getting the run around from Bold. I have support tickets that seemingly are ignored. Responses that I do get do not relate to the issue. nobody answers the phone or calls back. Horrible Support services. The worst I have ever seen.

Kinkycurlyyaki 3

I had this app installed on 2 stores for Black Friday. Had to uninstall it 30 minutes after my sale started as it was not working as it was supposed to.

Had been testing them out for about 2 weeks and all the edits I had made on one store, kept copying over to my other store. I thought I was hallucinating.

They acknowledged the issue and blamed it on something about L Frame. They said I could only make changes to one store at a time ( I had both stores open in different browser tabs). It was a pain in the butt to do because both stores are exactly the same, just set up for different currencies.

I moved ahead anyways and tested and tested and tested to make sure everything looked good.

At midnight on Black Friday the app basically crashed. My social media and inbox was a mess with customers complaining that:
1. discounts weren't showing up on product pages.
2. when the discounts did show up, they disappeared by the time customers were ready to check out.

For some customers, worked perfectly fine.

At the end of it all, it turned into a huge administrative headache that we didn't need and didn't do as well as we'd predicted. We believe that this app is the cause.

We historically have just used promo codes for big sales, but wanted to avoid the headache of "I forgot to use the code" and wanted to do sitewide, timed sales.

Cleaning up the Bold mess was an even bigger mess that we're STILL dealing with as customers are receiving their credit card statements.

A few days later I contacted their support to express my disappointment and asked for a refund, they agreed to do so and said it would be done in 10 days or so. I contacted them again after not seeing the refund, they said to check again Dec 25 (????).

As of Jan 5, 2017, I STILL Don't have a refund.

Update Jan 6th. Finally received my refund

Vestimy

Suddenly app does NOT create any discount no more, and I get no assistance from Boldapps. Don't waste your money with it, when it works it's all perfect, but when it gets some issues, Boldapps will let you alone,

Down Sunshine Lane

Don't waste your money with this app. I wish I hadn't. It doesn't work like they say it will and it's nearly impossible to get help once it's paid for and installed. Many of my items were discounted more than I put in, and right now I set the time for a sale to start incorrectly and it will not let me turn it off or change it no matter what I do. NOT HAPPY with this app & strongly suggest that others DO NOT BUY IT!!!!!!!