Bold Discounts ‑ The Sale App

Bold Discounts ‑ The Sale App

by BOLD

NEW! Storewide SMART sales in seconds with sale timers & icons

Boutique du Cordonnier

Got very good serice from Naman for an issue.
Excellent customer service by Chintan. It is very nice to speak to a person instead of chat or email. He answered all my questions and told me to call back if a have difficulties. Thank you again!

November 27, 2019

Hello there! Thanks so much for the review. We are glad that Chintan was able to speak with you directly in order to answer all of your questions; we love offering phone support as well as it is sometimes more convenient for merchants.

We look forward to continuing to help you should you need anything! Best of luck with your Black Friday sales!

Rowdy Sprout

customer service via chat is fantastic. Dylan was so helpful and kind! Looking forward to exploring all the features of this app

November 26, 2019

Hi there! We really appreciate your kind words about our customer service team; live chat is certainly an awesome way to get quick answers to more general questions!

We look forward to seeing how you set your sale up! Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you need any other assistance.

By the way, your Rolling Stones kiddie clothes are adorable!

Rawtek Performance Fabrication Inc.

We use bold Discounts for our Black Friday sales. support is excellent, very friendly and fast. Thanks to Rahul, Derek and so many more at the Bold Team!

November 25, 2019

Hello! We're really happy to hear that you trust and rely on our app to run your Black Friday sales. Our support team is on standby for extended hours into the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend, so please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any additional assistance.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We look forward to seeing your Black Friday success. :-)

Thrashin Supply

Working on a logo offer that works with pop up carts like PayPal. Sukh helped me great! I am having the team work on my site now.

November 25, 2019

Hello there! Thanks so much for the review; we're happy to hear that Sukh was able to assist you with getting your logo offer working properly. We're glad our specialists were able to help you out!

Please let us know if we can assist with anything else.

Legend's Creek Farm

Great support from Mayank and great app! They always go out of their way to help make things work and can't beat the chat support.

November 21, 2019

Hi there, thank you so much for the review! We really appreciate the kind words about our support team - live chat is definitely a great feature that we love offering for more general questions, and we're glad you were able to utilize it!

Please let us know if we can assist with anything else. :-) Your goat milk soap and whipped body butter look amazing, by the way!

Zazü

Amazing app!! You can create discounts REAAALLY easy. The best part is the customer service! They answered realllyyy fast to all my problems!
I could even translate everything to spanish! Highly recommendable.

November 15, 2019

Hi there! Thanks so much for the review. I'm so sorry that you were provided the wrong information by our live chat specialist; we have some newer specialists on the team, however it should have been confirmed. I'm glad that you were able to get ahold of our product experts who made sure that the change from English to Spanish was made for your app!

We love hearing that you're enjoying the app, and look forward to seeing your success during BFCM! Please reach out if you have any other questions about the app. :-)

Delia Langan Jewelry

My MAIN issue is that they falsely advertise with images showing the sale countdown clock on homepages - THEY DO NOT OFFER A HOMEPAGE COUNTDOWN CLOCK. Despite Bold showing many images in their blog and sample websites showing it on the homepage. You can only put the clock on ****individual product pages***.

Additionally, I've had many issues with this app not working properly - one time the sale wouldn't go down and customer service wanted me to wait 24 hours for me to help, meanwhile my customers were able to take advantage of a sale that was supposed to have ended and I wasn't able to stop it.

ROOLEE

I'm sure this app is useful for smaller shops. Unfortunately, we found it to be very inconsistent and unreliable. Support is very slow and there are features that don't work the way they claim. Shops with collections carrying more than 50 products aren't going to have a good time.

I was very hopeful when I first found the app but left after the free trial to find a more reliable solution.

November 6, 2019

Hi there, I just wanted to apologize that you have had a bad experience with our app and our support. We certainly do not want our customers to have a poor experience when working with us, and we sincerely apologize!

Unfortunately, we weren't able to find any correspondence with you aside from this review. Our specialist, Guri, has reached out to you via phone and email in order to see if we can get to the bottom of the issue, as he mentioned that the installation was not completed by our ROBO installer or by our installation experts.

We hope to be able to get in touch with you!

Goods

Review Update.

I'm still using Bold Discounts but it's only because of the 5 Star support that they offer.

After my first, disaster with the app, I installed a previous version that was more stable but still buggy. It added code into the site and messed up my image view for a while but a big shout out to Guri who fixed it all for me. So, for now, I'm sticking with it as it is great for bulk discounts.

I've upped the stars to 4 because of the support I received from Bold. It would be five if there's wasn't the issue of rouge code. If they can make it more stable then it'll definitely be 5 Stars.

**Forget about this app. It was a total nightmare. When I deleted the discounts I set up from the app they were not removed from the store so I had to go into the site and remove each one and re-price them one by one! Also, some of the discounts the app applied were 30% & 40% rather than the 10% & 20% I wanted and even a few products were reduced to €0!!!

I don't like writing poor reviews but as this app cost an extensive amount of money (in extra discounts) and time, I want to warn others about the pitfalls.

November 5, 2019

Hello there. I just wanted to first thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - we value all feedback we get, especially when it comes to an app that we recently released a newer version of.

Secondly, I wanted to sincerely apologize for the issues you ran into with the app. From our end, it looks like there was too much time between responses due to trying to look into things for you, and the time zone differences. Unfortunately, due to an unknown bug that was discovered over the weekend, the prices were not properly reflecting, and reverted back.

If you are interested in trying out our previous version of Bold Discounts, we'd be happy to help you with that, and we want to do anything we can to turn this around for you since it was not at all the sort of experience we want our customers to have when they use one of our apps.

Bangili

The biggest mistake of my e-commerce journey: I installed the Product Discounts App by Bold.

I scheduled all my products by collection to be in sale.

Some collections had a 10% and some a 15%.

I tested the night before with one collection and everything worked.

When a price is discounted two things happen: 1. the regular price appears scratched next to the discounted price and 2. a SALE banner appears on the right top corner of the product.

When I woke up at 5 am I checked the store and it was a DISASTER, this is what happened:

- Some products had more than 15% discount (this was impossible, since 15% was the highest discount that I was offering)
- Most products didn’t show the regular price next to the discounted price, only the discounted price
- The SALE banner was missing in a lot of products
- Products that already were discounted and in a collection I didn’t apply a discount were discounted as well…

Bold was manually undoing the job that took me HOURS. Some guy was in my store reverting my work. Someone went into my store, without my permission and started modifying the prices for each product only to show the regular price. Did I ask them to do that? No, I did not! How dare you go into my store and change things around without my consent?

I reached out AGAIN to try to understand what was going on, you Bold's customer service confirmed that someone on their team was manually reverting all my sale prices to my regular prices (again: who authorized that?).

I revoked Bold’s access to my store and contacted them again to see why there were doing something so senseless, negligent and completely disrespectful, super unprofessional… HOW DARE YOU?

Then, I had to go again and start putting half of my store on sale because Bold undid my work without my consent or my permission.

At 2pm my nightmare was over.

Bold had me going crazy from 5am to 2pm, that’s 7 hours of my life wasted because of an app that doesn’t work, customer service that is incapable of doing what is asked of them and senseless and negligent behaviour. I had to postpone my Black Month sale all because of this… all ruined, all my planing and effort just disappeared.

DON'T USE THIS APP OR ANY APP BY BOLD EVER.