Quickbooks® Sync by Bold

Quickbooks® Sync by Bold

by BOLD

Automatically sync your orders with Quickbooks Online

Duchess Cookies

Very, very unhappy with this app and the support I've received. We're in the early-ish days of our store, and we've been busy since basically day 1, and getting a tight handle on our books has become increasingly important, so I see this app and figure 'cool, Bold has a good reputation, and we've already got Quickbooks, so this is great'.

I look at how many orders we've got, upgrade to the paid plan, and start to go through setup, but after assigning all my accounts, and running my first export, I notice I've got almost 200 failed transactions. I keep an eye on the daily export for the first week or so, and every day, I'm getting a handful more transactions that fail, so obviously I hit up Bold to see what the issue is. They respond and say any transaction that has multiple tax codes will confuse their app and the export will fail, so for example, if you've got a city tax and a state tax on an order, good luck, because you're gonna be entering it by hand. In my case, that's more than 200 orders I'd have to add manually, with more every day. Obviously, that's not even remotely a workable situation.

Now, it's probably worth mentioning that in the product description, it talks about how flawlessly it works with different tax agencies and rates: 'We’ll automatically set up new tax agencies and their associated tax rate based on your imported orders.' but the reality is, the app can't handle more than 1 without breaking, they've made a mess of my books, left hundreds of orders that I'm apparently supposed to do manually, and the answer I got from support was essentially ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I'd give less than one star if I could.

Earrings by Emma

Just used their support chat and received outstanding support from Samuel(he's a ninja) and Brysen.

They received my issue, communicated with developers, got something re-mapped in the background, and were able to fix my issue.

Super impressed, that I didn't just receive generic scripted replies with no help.

The app itself is great for exporting your sales receipts each day. Just be sure to map your accounts correctly.

ModeHockey

The app can be tricky to setup, but once it is done, and done correctly, this is way easier than manually entering, which leads me to why I only gave 4 stars. We have a USD and CAD store. Unfortunately this app will not work if you have a USD store, and using Quickbooks Canada version. You are unable to select a CAD income account in the app, and in Quickbooks, you cannot create a USD income account in your chart of accounts. Seems this should be a easy fix on Bolds part, since in Quickbooks you can still create USD sales receipts using a CAD income account and it converts it.

juleslosangeles

I purchased this app to sync my Shopify account with my Quickbooks Online account so that I can track inventory and sales, etc. I had a tricky time understanding the setup (importing skus into QBs) and had a lot of questions. It was challenging at first to get the assistance I wanted (I like to actually talk with someone when dealing with a new app rather than email back n forth for days/weeks) but eventually I spoke with Nick who kindly and patiently answered all my questions. I'm hopeful that it works as it should.

MilitaryThermals

This has been one of the easiest to set-up and most perfectly operating apps I've ever used. The Shopify deposits are held in the holding account until they are matched in my banking and all fees are accounted for. Barring a complicated, unique use application I don't know how you could ask for more.

Cortex Toys

WARNING: The app only exports orders into the Sales receipt account into Quickbooks even if the order has not been paid. This is a nightmare! Do not sync with this app unless all of the orders you have in Shopify are fully paid!!!

Sidekick

Store is in USD. Our quickbooks is in CAD. This integration doesn't work (we checked with quickbooks) because of the multicurrency. The problem is because they don't have a trial period, we've already paid $19.99 only to find out it can't be used. We've only had it for 1 day. Trying to get a refund now.

Scrunch It

Let me get this straight... first we pay monthly for the Shopify account and we pay monthly for the Quickbooks account. NOW we also have to pay monthly to connect them?! No thank you. This is thievery.

GSC

Sneaky way of doing business. Even after we pay other fees. You have lost my faith in your company and will not be continuing to use your APP. DO NOT USE THIS APP, they will probably start adding more fees to it once they lock you in.

Bijoux Medusa

Use to be a great apps now they charge it and even worst many order dont sync and you have to manually enter it into quickbook.

Got the basic plan at 200 order per month. And I'm only at 152 and Bold charge me extra fees for every Extra fees. Really dissapointing, hope I find a better solution to Sync with Quickbook