Quickbooks Sync by Bold

Quickbooks Sync by Bold

by BOLD

Automatically sync your orders with Quickbooks Online

Pack Simply

Features don't work as advertised! Particularly product and inventory syncing features. Support just repeats over and over that they're working on the remaining bugs and that everything will be fixed "in a few weeks". Meanwhile, Bold acquired the app from Shopify 9 months ago and started advertising these new features that have never worked! Not worth the monthly subscription fee.

Narinport

Not suitable for UAE
as it doesn't have option to select sales location, therefore fails to select tax rate. So you need to click all orders and select sales location then the tax rate...
Also it doesn't give you chance to select all of your accounts for depositing the cash / credit card payments to be credited. So you need to correct also those records...
Moreover, you dont get timely support.... i opened a ticket and explained everything by screenshots, but didn't get a response....

Mad Scents

We already pay for both Shopify and Quickbooks - the introduction of a monthly fee moving forward will see me removing this app and entering data manually.

It even has me questioning whether to stay with Quickbooks or move to Xero which does not have a fee to transfer the data - so not only are the developers losing clients themselves, but this could have a negative impact on Quickbooks itself.
I can see a lot of clients leaving and switching accounting packages because of this.

Tierone Apparel

We appreciate the functionality of the "FREE" tier of this app so far with keeping our books accurate to the payouts. As we continue to expand and orders increase - having to pay a monthly fee on top of everything (even as a paying Quickbooks Online customer) - and depending on what that volume is - is frustrating. I do consider those fees accommodating for the continual improvement, monitoring and support for this app independently as it provides "as-needed" functionality per business that I assume Quickbooks themselves do not have to deal with. I can't punish Bold Apps for that. I can wish there was a more thorough integration between the two (like connecting clients and customers viewable through the Shopify admin side - like the Insightly/Quickbooks integration - and viewing invoices or sales receipts that coordinate to that customer).

Furious Sauces

This was FREE. Now I HAVE TO PAY monthly for this app to sync orders with QuickBooks.

Bold is seriously the worst app developer in the shopify store. Terrible support, and a terrible, greedy company.

Stay away from Bold products.

Fine Dining Cutlery

This app no longer works after speaking with the new BOLD support they literally have no idea on how to even resolve an issue nor do they seem to want to solve the issue. BOLD main priority is to fob you off so they can close the ticket and move on. Everything with this app was working fine up until around May 16th then all of a sudden errors started appearing but they seem to say it was my fault not the apps, when asking for evidence to show me how is it my fault they are yet to provide it. I have now decided to look at using a different platform instead and transferring everything across. I still remember the BOLD email they sent about how they will be charging to use this app (which im ok with) because they will be able to make the app better?. Just another fluff of words and hype they don't live up to.

*** Update 5 June 2018 ***
After leaving the review I was contacted by Cole from Bold support although a little frustrating that I was only contacted after leaving a negative review. Cole was a nice guy who explained the situation in looked into the issue deeper (this should have been done in the first place) Cole seemed to liaise with other areas including developers and quickbooks to identify my issue. Cole eventually came back to me that quickbooks made some changes which inturn created errors in the app quickbooks eventually rolled back the changes and now things are working back to normal for me.

Overall Cole has turned a negative experience into a slightly positive experience I do think alot more could have been done at my first point of contact but hopefully they will work on that in the future. Thanks Cole for taking ownership of the issue and following it through to find a solution!

Betterthanbows Com

This app is amazing. If you are trying to keep track of you books....whats going in and out, Quickbooks is awesome.

Thanks,

Vipc

Used to be free, now it isn't. Not only has this move prompted me to find an alternative to this app but I'll also be looking to change from QBO as well. Honestly, it's just greedy.

Cambuza

I'm putting 1 star because it used to be free to export data from Shopify to QuickBooks Online, and since a few months, one has to pay up to $29 simply to do that and in addition to the fee for using QuickBooks Online. Even if QuickBooks is a great tool to work with and that it works perfectly well with Shopify, I think this sudden change of price plan without notifying customers is outrageous!

A Thread A Thought Ltd

Excellent support help when used live chat. All pretty good so far. Some random transactions did not port across to QBs from Shopify however and this caused vast confusion. Live chat assistant sorted it but we spent a long time trying to fathom why it was happening!!