Bold Memberships

Bold Memberships

by BOLD

A Membership Program w/ Custom Access & Recurring Billing

The Fashion Forum

After a little struggle setting up, I received great support from Esha. She patiently walked me through the process and resolved my issues.

Pilates with Amelia

I would personally avoid if you can. Not quite sure how it has such great reviews... Not only is the customer support terribly slow but the app does not even allow you to use your themes checkout. It instead creates an unsightly checkout experience with way too many steps involved thus reducing the likelihood of a customer even purchasing a plan.

SharpSVG

After 3 days of waiting for the first response, a guy from support named "Bhumi" responded, I literally replied to him in minutes, after that he replied back in 2 days... I need fast support because this App is not working and not showing content for members only and they keep unsubscribing.

CASA D FIORI

Every time I need help the support team, specially Naman have been very helpful and diligent. Thank you!

Compra Local

Great support service. I had the pleasure to be attended by Naman, great guy and great app. I recommend it a lot!

99.1 The Ranch

Naman provided excellent support for Bold Membership and Subscriptions!!! I hope I get him in the future. Thank you!

Rede

READ BEFORE INSTALLING - Information is power. If you value the time and energy put into your membership program look for another app. We've had a crippling tech issue with Bold Membership for over a week with no resolution or communication to update the status. Luckily we are in a beta test phase so aren't dealing with hundreds of furious customers who cannot access the membership they paid for due to the membership access page not loading due to a coding glitch with the app. If we were up and running at full capacity our business and reputation would effectively be in the gutter and all progress was undone.

Also, be informed that when someone signs up for a membership using the Bold Membership app plug-in a new order in Shopify is not created therefore will not trigger certain automation that really leverages the efficiencies the Shopify platform offers.

Circling back to the first issue. Please read for yourself the last communication with the Bold Customer Support Team (redacted info appear as '-----' for privacy):

Sep 17, 2020, 11:35 CDT

Hi -----------,

Thanks for responding back. At this point of time, I have no idea of what could be causing this but several other merchants have reported this and that is why this was escalated to our developers. For now, I don't have much information on my end but as soon as we get more information, we'll reach out to you!

Cheers!
----------
Bold Commerce Merchant Success

That was September 17 and we have heard nothing since meanwhile our entire business is hanging in limbo. Clearly, their prioritization of issues in the Bold Membership app isn't as pressing as other issues in their more popular apps.

Their customer support has always been very helpful and this isn't a reflection of their customer support agents as they are just the middle people.

Also, what got my attention initially when researching membership apps was the number of positive reviews the app had compared to competitors. However, after installing the app and working with their customer support on numerous smaller issues it became apparent how they had amassed so many positive reviews. On at least two occasions I can recall they concluded our live chats by saying a statement like "we are having a contest to see which customer support agent can get the most positive reviews, will you leave a review?" In good faith, most people will leave a positive review.

All the information provided above is factual therefore use it to advise your judgment to partner with Bold Memberships.

[UPDATE] Immediately after posting this review their Sr. Lead of Merchant Success contacted me attempting to rectify the situation. My response is below:

Hi ------,

Thank you for the offer but I will kindly decline. I've already invested far too much time on this issue. I stand by my review. We have deleted the app and are moving forward in a different direction.

Regards,
---------

Swap Society

Naman was very helpful with my issues! I wish there were a few more bells and whistles on the app, but overall it gets the job done and the customer service is good.

Groundcycle

Aryan has been a great help so far in setting up my store. My site has not launched yet, but looking forward to it being fully functioning.

ShipBabe

Mayank was AMAZING on helping me set up Bold Memberships. We are still in Beta mode, so I have not fully tested the functionality but customer service has been very good. I live in EST and have found later in my work day yields the quickest chat responses.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25