Bold Memberships , 296 reviews

4.4

Merchants appreciate this app for its ability to create a customizable membership model, effectively manage memberships, and integrate smoothly with Shopify, Stripe, and PayPal. Many find it user-friendly and easy to set up, leading to increased revenue and simplified operations. The customer service team is frequently praised for their exceptional support. The app has proven successful in various business models, including VIP programs and digital magazines, enhancing customer retention and sales.

Edited April 20, 2016

This app is the bomb, and has converted my simple website into the recurring revenue engine by allowing me to give users access to premium content for a small annual fee. The options that they have for allowing you to structure the membership programs with the use of smart lists and also to be able to show or hide content is great as well. I've only scratched the surface on how I can use this product but I LOVE it!

PS. Their concierge service for the installing of the app worked like a charm, and while I was trying to work out how the Membership application worked they were super responsive and helped me out along the way.

PPS. This is the third application that I have bought from them and each one is better than the other

Blind Squirrel Publishing
About 5 years using the app
October 29, 2019

The app delivers what it's meant to: Charge for a recurring membership + issue a monthly order for the generic item + control access to pages and collections.
Bold support is always one click away and they will dive into the details to answer your questions and fix things if needed.
Chintan was a great help in navigating the setup and features of the app. When in doubt, reach out to the support team!

ClaudiaG Collection
About 5 years using the app
BOLD replied October 30, 2019

Hello there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear that you've been able to use our Memberships app to create monthly orders for your paying customers, and show/limit certain pages to your members. We are always ready to assist however we can, so we're glad you have been able to access our support in order to get help with setting up the app, and learning more about its features!

Edited June 25, 2020

Naman was very helpful with my issues! I wish there were a few more bells and whistles on the app, but overall it gets the job done and the customer service is good.

Swap Society
Almost 5 years using the app
April 18, 2017

Fantastic service. Answered questions promptly, accurately and clearly. The solved an issue in record time!

Fitly Spoken Ministry
Over 4 years using the app
Edited June 9, 2020

I have just started using Bold Membership and Bold Custom Pricing. I have been amazed at the support I have received. They have a live chat resource staffed by very knowledgeable and patient people. Each time they have quickly shared the answer or took the time to find someone who could. All my questions were answered. Mayank, Aryan and Esha as well as the rest of the staff were very knowledgeable. I did have the Bold staff add the liquid to my code for both apps.

Worship PowerPoint Slides ~ Envision Worship
Edited June 29, 2020

Thanks Mayank! We talked about the possibility of developing a patch to integrate income from BOLD MEMBERSHIPS with my Shopify store income. Great job!

nakedpastor
Edited January 7, 2022

UPDATE: After gaining thousands of members, we decided to transition to a membership solution that meets our needs. We removed our membership plan from the app, disconnected the payment gateways, and deleted the app from our store... and all of our members are continuing to be charged. I cannot EVER recommend this app because they have taken no responsibility for the charges their app continues to make after we no longer have access to the memberships created by the app. THIS IS A HUGE BREACH OF TRUST. I'm dumbfounded as to why any payment platforms continue to work with Bold if this is how their apps work. We have an open support ticket with Bold, but they continue to have no solution for the fact that their app continues to charge our customers after we've deleted the app. Recurring Memberships is...fine. It does what it sets out to do, and nothing more. For example, customers don't get a customized notification e-mail (or any e-mail at all from the app) when they sign up for recurring memberships, which seems very odd. It's not necessary, but odd. I mentioned this to the Bold team, as I thought I had simply missed it, but they confirmed that it's not an option. I had hoped to offer free shipping or a global discount to all members, but the app doesn't allow this. The in-app functionality of what you can offer members is really limited. I also wish you could prompt customers before checkout to see if they want to become a member. I also with Recurring Memberships would sync with customer accounts in Shopify. Last, I've been inundated with e-mails from Bold since I signed up for Recurring Memberships. Customer service has been responsive but not actually active in improving the app. Overall, I am paying customer for this app simply because there aren't any other viable options out there. I hope Bold spends more time developing the app, but I didn't get the impression from their customer service team that they'll be making any improvements any time soon. [Update: I had an excellent interaction with Jordan at Bold after posting this review. Jordan succeeded where the previous 3 reps did not--he found workable solutions for almost all of the issues above. The biggest tip was that you can create "groups" in Shopify, filtering by the tag you associate with your recurring members, and you can then create discount codes that can only be used by members of those groups. Thanks Jordan!]

Stonemaier Games
May 1, 2020

Mayank did an amazing job helping me get the program up and running for my store, and made some visual tweaks to really help it stand out. Excellent work!

Trainz
December 16, 2019

The app is great, works perfectly for the memberships. The support team is even better, they're fast and thorough!

Jump Ship Training
BOLD replied December 17, 2019

Hi there; we're glad to hear you're enjoying our Memberships app to offer unique memberships to your customers! We pride ourselves in offering top-notch support, and are glad to hear that you were able to experience this. :-)

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else! We'd be happy to help again.

November 5, 2020

Michelle from Bold customer service is absolutely fantastic. So patient with me as I had a lot of questions and issues to work through and we got them all solved rather quickly. Thanks Michelle!

Dana Linn Bailey
BOLD replied November 6, 2020

Thank you so much for your review! You happy to hear that Michelle was able to provide great customer service and resolve any issues you had. Please eel free to checkout our Help Center or reach back out if you have any other questions!