Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Fly Guy Disc Golf

I do not like the new app. The older one was much simpler and faster. This app makes me reset my label and printer every single use. Very unhappy with this forced upgrade.

May 29, 2019

Thanks for your feedback! I understand the printer settings resetting can be quite frustrating for your workflow. When you print your labels, there is an option to go into the system dialogue. Once in there, you can select the preset to use your "last used settings". This will use the last preset you used for your labels.

I have also sent detailed instructions for your store via email, please do get back to me if you require any additional feedback. Hope this helps!

Bella’s Boutique

Best ever! Love how much it helps save time in the end , helps on inventory , checking out on pos system faster and keeping track of my inventory .

TWIGS & TIN

This app makes it SOOOO much easier to print labels. We customize our labels, which Shopify didn't originally allow, and so we used to download and use the Dymo app and have to print one by one. It was a pain. Now, it's much easier. The only challenge with this app is our scanner doesn't read the labels unless I change the printing preferences. It's not a big deal but adds several extra steps, which slow down the process. That's really the only issue.

Bunker 27

I give this a 5 star. I don't know why people are having issues. I just downloaded it and it works great! I am on a MAC using chrome. It prints much faster than the old did. Also what I like is you can easily select all in stock qty to update the number of labels you wanted printed.

VERY important. Make sure you setup your template and then READ the information on the right side about what label size you need to select to make this work. You won't find 1" x 2 1/8" inch option. When you go print you labels read the info on the right column about selecting the correct paper size. It works like a charm. Very happy with the new app.

Here's the info you need to know if you are using 1"x 2 1/8" barcode.

Paper size
Set to Dymo - 30336 Small.

Make sure the paper size matches the labels in your template.

If you don’t see this label type in your browser print window, select an alternate label type that’s the same size:
30336 Small
11352 Return Address Int

bikinissi

Not working properly in Safari, Chrome is fine.

May 31, 2019

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to share it with us so that we can improve! Currently, it is a known issue that the app can sometimes not work with Safari. I'm glad you were able to use Chrome as it works great on this browser. I've reached out to you via email to follow up on your experience and hopefully get additional feedback with the app to send to our development team. Hopefully we can get it fully working on Safari soon! I hope to hear back from you!

Jolie Femme Fashion Store

99% of the barcodes printed with the app can't be recognized by the barcode scanner. No wonder it's a 1 star app....

May 31, 2019

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to share it with us so that we can improve! For the quality of the label not being able to be scanned, you are able to increase the quality in your printer settings. We recommend increase the quality to 300 x 600 DPI and there is a help guide on how to achieve that here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer/retail-barcode-labels#recommended-print-settings-for-barcode-labels

I've reached out to you via email to follow up on your experience and hopefully get additional feedback with the app. Hope to connect soon!

Preduce

Worst app ever. Why replace the old app that was working just fine? The app doesn't recognize Thai Baht so we can't add the price on our labels anymore...

June 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback. I'd like to help out as much as I can here and I'll email you as well if you need any more help. Unfortunately, at this time, we don't support some characters or currency symbols for barcodes. We’re always looking to improve apps with feedback, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer to merchants like you. I’ve also followed up as well with your feedback to our app development team.

Niall, Shopify Support

Wild Dove Boutique

I do love how fast this prints barcodes & that you can choose to print multiple products from filters. The big thing missing is a recent add list! It's really nice if I get in multiple vendors.

The Edit Boutique

THIS APP IS A PAIN IT DOES NOT WORK IN SAFARI, YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THE NAME OF ALL THE NEW PRODUCTS TO YOU ENTER. BECAUSE IT DOES NOT PULL ALL NEW PRODUCTS LIKE OLD STYLE DID. STOP TRYING TO IMPROVE THINGS ARE WORKING JUST FINE.

June 3, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback. If the app doesn't work on Safari, you can try opening it in Chrome which should work. Thank you for letting us know, I will be sending your feedback to our development team and hopefully we can get it working smoothly on Safari soon!

We work hard to improve our app functionality and the Retail Barcode Labels app is supported so you can reach out to us for assistance! I'd like to learn more about the issue with printing new barcode labels so we can improve the usability of the app in the near future. I’ve sent an email to you, hope to connect soon!

The Blushing Brunette

I use this app everyday to create barcode labels and it takes forever for the barcode labels to create. I have to create them about 3-5 times. Also, it's difficult to print multiple items at once, it's very time consuming.

June 4, 2019

Hello there, firstly, thank you for sharing this feedback. It is feedback like this that guides us in the right direction to make apps better for merchants like you. I’ve also followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team. In that reply I've included some screenshot to help.

You should be able to add labels in bulk in the Shopify admin, by going to:

> Apps
> click "Retail Barcode Labels"
> Then "print labels"
> Then select the option that best suits you, all or select a few products
> Then press the purple button "create Barcode labels"

You can also print labels in bulk, by going to:

> Products
> Clicking the white square beside the product name
> Then press "actions" at the top of the page.
> Then print selected labels.

This guide will also help for the hardware side of using the app:

> https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/hardware/barcode-printer#print-barcodes

Hopefully this helps! But I will also send you on an email to go further in detail with this for you! Thanks.

Niall, Shopify Support.