Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Bare Arms Gear

Very handy App, however, would be more useful if you were given the option of when receiving product, you could simply click to print labels for the items you're receiving in one easy step. The way the App is currently set up, it can be cumbersome to go back and forth and select items, edit number of labels needed, etc. Could be more streamlined and more efficient, but glad the App is available.

Blue Whale Trading Company

App works perfectly! We had 1,500 barcode labels across many different products loaded in 2 days in a new location.

Was concerned based on previous reviews, but running Dynmo printer with Mac computer was simple and efficient.

We did NOT use Dynmo software, just make template in Shopify, choose product (or variant) and print!

BK8 Outfitters

This app keeps stuffing up on me, half the time it won't even print and ends up just sitting there in the printer app?? Also feels like so many more steps to actually print barcodes compared to the old app. Not user friendly

May 28, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to offer this feedback about the Retail Barcode Labels app! The apps team at Shopify is always looking for ways to improve the functionality and workflow of our apps, so I’ve reached out to you via email to get more context and to look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon! -Lauren, Shopify Support

Bijou Lovely

This new app is the worst. Doesn't support all Dymo label sizes but won't let you export barcodes to print different sizes in the Dymo software. Won't print labels correctly in Safari either. Label designs look terrible compared to the old app. Please bring back the old app or let us choose which app we want to use rather than forcing stores to change to an app that doesn't work for their use case. I am very disappointed in this new app and frustrated that my employees and I are forced to use it. Shopify needs to start testing their "improvements" with actual brick and mortar stores prior to launching them. As someone who actually likes change when it useful and improves things, this is not that. You have taken away functionality with this app, not improved it.

May 29, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us about the Retail Barcode Labels app-- I'm sorry to hear the app hasn't met your expectations! We introduced this new version of the app to be easier to use and more reliable, but we're always looking into ways to improve its functionality.

When it comes to the inability to print via Safari, this is a known problem that can be resolved by using the Chrome browser instead. You will also be able to export your barcodes to the Dymo software via a product CSV. Once you export this file from your products page in the admin, you can import it into your Dymo desktop software to create any templates that aren't currently available in the app.

That said, I've reached out to you via email so that we can log your feedback with our developers, and to investigate these issues further. I look forward to hearing back from you! - Lauren, Shopify Support

Fake Treats

So easy to use! I love it! I love how it has made getting a retail store on a budget such a easy processs!

Fly Guy Disc Golf

I do not like the new app. The older one was much simpler and faster. This app makes me reset my label and printer every single use. Very unhappy with this forced upgrade.

May 29, 2019

Thanks for your feedback! I understand the printer settings resetting can be quite frustrating for your workflow. When you print your labels, there is an option to go into the system dialogue. Once in there, you can select the preset to use your "last used settings". This will use the last preset you used for your labels.

I have also sent detailed instructions for your store via email, please do get back to me if you require any additional feedback. Hope this helps!

- Alex, Shopify Support

Bella’s Boutique

Best ever! Love how much it helps save time in the end , helps on inventory , checking out on pos system faster and keeping track of my inventory .

TWIGS & TIN

This app makes it SOOOO much easier to print labels. We customize our labels, which Shopify didn't originally allow, and so we used to download and use the Dymo app and have to print one by one. It was a pain. Now, it's much easier. The only challenge with this app is our scanner doesn't read the labels unless I change the printing preferences. It's not a big deal but adds several extra steps, which slow down the process. That's really the only issue.

Bunker 27

I give this a 5 star. I don't know why people are having issues. I just downloaded it and it works great! I am on a MAC using chrome. It prints much faster than the old did. Also what I like is you can easily select all in stock qty to update the number of labels you wanted printed.

VERY important. Make sure you setup your template and then READ the information on the right side about what label size you need to select to make this work. You won't find 1" x 2 1/8" inch option. When you go print you labels read the info on the right column about selecting the correct paper size. It works like a charm. Very happy with the new app.

Here's the info you need to know if you are using 1"x 2 1/8" barcode.

Paper size
Set to Dymo - 30336 Small.

Make sure the paper size matches the labels in your template.

If you don’t see this label type in your browser print window, select an alternate label type that’s the same size:
30336 Small
11352 Return Address Int

bikinissi

Not working properly in Safari, Chrome is fine.

May 31, 2019

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to share it with us so that we can improve! Currently, it is a known issue that the app can sometimes not work with Safari. I'm glad you were able to use Chrome as it works great on this browser. I've reached out to you via email to follow up on your experience and hopefully get additional feedback with the app to send to our development team. Hopefully we can get it fully working on Safari soon! I hope to hear back from you!

- Alex, Shopify Support