Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Mint Boutique

SOOOOOOO BAD!!! The other app so much better, this one cuts off half the product title, DO NOT LIKE! Will be using a new company, have been loyal for ages with the old app but this one is terrible.

Curvy Sense

The last barcode app is 100x better. All my product titles fit into the small 1X2 label. Now everything gets cut off and it's not aligned. I had to buy the bigger labels so the titles can fit, but it does not align. FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!

Belle Boutique

Not sure why I have to buy brand new labels because now they are printing Lengthwise instead of the original way. Please don't make this a "have to".

Intrigue Ink

Terrible. Last one was so much more efficient. It takes more time, more screens, more steps... not as good.

Thread Waggle Quilting

Hate when you have an app that works great and it is replaced by one that takes a lot more steps to get my work done and it does not even print the labels correctly.

Cons...
-Way too may screens to just print labels
-Defaults to the number of units you have on hand so in my case I need 1 label and it wanted to print 1125 labels.
-Does not print centered on my Dymo labels (I actually can't use this app the way it is printing, it is just not the professional image I want for my company.)

Pros
-If you have not already invested in a label printer it will let you use your normal printer and label sheets
-Can customize the labels a little more
-If you never used the previous app, this one probably won't drive you nuts.

Hitchcock Paper Co.

Every update is worse and worse. More work and more time spent, just to print barcodes. This is hands down the worst feature of Shopify and one of the most common. I really don't understand why they keep making this app more and more terrible.

SWEAT Active Fashion

This app is awful. The other app worked just fine for my business. This app cuts off words and just adds a "..." to the end. Are my customers supposed to guess what the rest of the words say? This app is terrible. Way to make our jobs harder guys!

Earrings by Emma

It seems like Shopify's trying their best to make improvements, but this app is not very helpful yet.

Pro...
#1 I can now use it in Chrome on my PC! Woo hoo! Before in the old app you could only use it on a PC. I have an iPad, but there's no way to hook the printer up to an iPad.

Here are my issues with it...
#1 - I use the 30332 label and that paper size is not available for me when I go to actually print.
#2 - Instead of auto reducing the size of the product title text, it just cuts it off which is frustrating.
#3 - Creating Barcodes doesn't allow me to pick the size of the barcode from what I can tell in the directions. I'm too afraid to try it otherwise as we have over a thousand variants.
#4 - It's great to save time at the checkout with barcodes, but it sure would be nice to have some sort of inventory update process. EX: Enter Inventory Mode... Scan a label and update how many you have on stock.
#5 - Not sure how to fix this one, but if I just want to quickly print a few of one variant it's click intensive.

Example: 1, Select All Products, type "product name" in search, select product, select more actions, select print barcode labels, find desired variant and enter 3 barcode labels to print, click inside and change the other 5-16 variants to 0, select print, select send to printer, select print again if your print options are correct.

Total time: 53 seconds going as fast as I can.... I have to wait for many screens to load. Total Clicks: 10 including one click as typing in the product name.

Dymo Software: 25 seconds and 6 clicks... clicks including typing the actual product name out.

Conclusion... if the app assigns the correct style of barcode for the dymo printer, then I think creating barcodes for all your products would be awesome with this app. (The old app wouldn't assign the correct style of barcode for me to use the small LW barcodes)

I won't be using it unfortunately to print my barcodes though until they get it to work with the 30332 paper size and work with less clicks.

BTW... I'd be happy to be a tester if you guys need a client to test things out.

Florida Jean Company

Disappointed with app no adjust-ability, cuts off titles without shrinking, lacking on title adjustments.

Pippettes dispensary

Half baked. The old barcode printer app was due for some improvements but it worked and this isn't an improvement. defaults to the total number of items in stock regardless of location. Loads of printer selection and print preview steps. When It actually printed for me the barcodes are unreadable by the scanner. Back to the drawing board.