Bold Store Locator Map

Rating (4.6)
Developer
4.6
November 17, 2022

It does not work. We have tried reaching out to support, but no help from there side as well. Whenever you try to save the API key, it refreshes as soon as the page refreshes.

Wild Idea Buffalo
Time spent using app: 15 days
September 22, 2021

DON'T INSTALL - WILL BE SUED FOR PATENT INFRINGEMENT DON'T INSTALL - WILL BE SUED FOR PATENT INFRINGEMENT

Borghese
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
Edited May 24, 2021

Not only did I all of my locations disappear using this app, I had to prove I was being charged for the "PRO PLAN" service that was not working! Still waiting for locations to be restored and my refund. Week later: Just tried calling the support line and there are no humans to speak with. Still waiting for a reply.

Max Sweets
Time spent using app: Almost 3 years
March 15, 2021

FRIENDLY WARNING TO ALL!!
We've been using the app and it works fine, but don't buy this software unless you want to end up getting sued! We're now being sued because the app allegedly violates another person's patent and it's going to cost tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees to get out of it. When I requested assistance from Bold they happily informed me that because I accepted their terms and conditions when I downloaded the app that they have no liability for this issue and no obligation to assist in any way. Consider the risk based on their response before you make the choice to buy this or you could end up in the same situation as we are!

Freestyle USA
Time spent using app: Over 3 years
November 3, 2020

The app is not working properly. we have set up all the credentials including the Google Maps API key. although hits not working. I dropped many emails to the support team but still no solutions.

CA Tattoo Supply
Time spent using app: 23 days
Shop Circle replied November 3, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the delay, we do have an app specialists working on your ticket at the moment. We are dedicated on finding a solution and very eager to get this solved as soon as possible for you. Thank you so much for your patience.

August 4, 2020

Had issues that the app did not support any translations app, which resulted in the store locator not displaying on select countries. Reached out to the customer service but the support was definately not what you would expect. Not recommended

Atelier Rebul
Belgium
Time spent using app: About 2 hours
May 11, 2020

This app does not do what it says. I cannot add my logo to the pins. Customization is extremely limited. It makes me enter my API key every time I enter the app. No good.

Keto Bars
Time spent using app: About 3 hours
March 5, 2020

I installed this app and it does not allow you to design it. It also was not locating any stores near the zip code that I was searching for near over 25 locations I added.

Ausounds
Time spent using app: About 2 hours
Edited October 24, 2019

AWARE!
This app has a big security issue, to works it need a google maps API key with no Application restrictions.
The API key appears in the code of the website, if someone take your API and abuse of them you will pay to google.
I hope BOLD fix this quickly

Rahua.eu
Netherlands
Time spent using app: 6 months
Shop Circle replied October 24, 2019

Hello there. Thank you for the review and the feedback; we appreciate all reviews as it helps us evaluate how we're doing. We're so sorry that you found our app to have a large security issue in terms of the Google Maps API key.

Our specialist, Sam, will be reaching out to you soon to give you more information to assist you if needed, however he did mention that in your Google account, you can set it to only your myshopify.com domain URL using this key, so that if anyone were to find it, it would be a restricted API key and will not do anything should they try to use it.

We hope that helps!

September 6, 2019

First poor experience with a Bold app, but unfortunately their Store Locator is barely usable at the moment until their engineers fix an issue with the newly updated stores showing up as a Non-geolocating store instead of showing the location. So Merchant (you and I) has to manually go in and set each location (their support team's own words). Which I can't realistically do for over 500 stores. According to them, they are working on this bug and will update as soon as they can. For the time being I uninstalled and went with another app.

Spa Sciences