Subscriptions by ReCharge

Subscriptions by ReCharge

by ReCharge

Launch & scale your subscription & recurring business for free

Aurora

The gold standard when it comes to subscriptions. Very friendly team and super fast support too. Highly recommend

CPAPmachines.ca

There is a learning curve, but the app is doing a good job. Once you figure it out, it's easy to use...there are downsides. I would need to refresh the collection every day, and the refresh does not always stick. Overall, I'm happy with it.

Superlativa

This app has helped me built a strong subscription customer base. The customer support helped me in a timely manner every time I needed.

TroubleMaker Trading Company

App won't move past the setup page. Wasted half an hour trying to do ANYTHING. So I will be moving on.

NeuYear.net

Once I got ReCharge setup, I had all kinds of issues with the backend - the subscription management tool that customers use. It was some really strange behavior that made the manager un-usable for my customers. And I tried to get help on this, but they just said "yeah, that must be a problem with your theme." I used the "Motion" paid theme from Shopify, with very little customization. I'm surprised their app would have issues with what seems like a fairly standard shopify theme. To be fair, I did not really try to follow up and get their help in solving these issues.

So, rather than try to figure it all out. I was already annoyed with some other aspects of this tool, I'm going to try out the bold subscription app.

There were several aspects that I was like: "really?" One example is that the customer get's an email with a link to setup manage their subscription - an ugly green button, and the link is completely broken, it just takes them to my homepage!! Support said: "Oh, this is because you don't have accounts setup on shopify" - who has accounts setup on shopify!? There was no warning of this ugly button or it's error. I guess that's what testing is for - but this just doesn't seem like an enterprise level solution with little issues like that.

To their credit, support was pretty quick an answering some questions, but others when they said they would get back to me, they still haven't.

Furthermore! As I'm trying to delete the app, I'm finding code left-over in my theme that wasn't deleted when I deleted the app. THIS IS SO ANNOYING!!! Apps should be required to fully delete the code they add! To be fair, lots of apps do this, I think. And, thankfully, at least in this instance, the put their name in a comment before and after - which might be more than some other apps do.

Update: I contacted support about uninstall and they did send me a link to some docs on how to uninstall, but it was not at all extensive or helpful in finding the fixes in the code I had to change. I just downloaded the theme and opened the folder in Sublime (free text editor) and was able to search the folder to easily remove about 12 sections of code left by ReCharge. Again, to be fair, many other apps may have this issue. Still it's very annoying.

Mec Coffee

A good solution for recurring payments. A little counterintuitive at first, but easy to figure out and speedy customer support.

Apollon’s Gold Specialty Coffee

The support is accurate and fast!
Thanks a lot Kyle!

The free charge tern is also very helpful for small entrepreneurs like us!

The ReCharge team has been incredibly responsive and helpful as we learn how to navigate the app and integrate it into our Shopify store!

Tippsy Sake

I didnt put "urgent" but they responded on the same day immediately with clear answer to my question. Great support.

MONSTERBASS

I've run multiple subscription box companies and have tried multiple "certified" apps that exist on the Shopify app store and I can say without a doubt that ReCharge is better than the others. Their feature depth and integrations with other 3rd part apps are seamless and their customer support is solid. Look no further as you've found the solution you're looking for.