Recharge Subscriptions , 1,710 reviews

4.5

Merchants appreciate this app for its user-friendly interface and robust subscription management capabilities. It's praised for seamless Shopify integration, responsive customer support, and its role in boosting recurring revenue and customer loyalty. Features like subscription pausing are particularly valued. However, some merchants suggest enhancements in reporting and customization, and find its pricing higher than similar apps.

March 12, 2024

Vuk was great - sorted out issue out straight away - thanks, Vuk!

Agent Nateur
Almost 2 years using the app
Recharge replied March 21, 2024

We appreciate the five stars and the shout out to Vuk!

March 26, 2024

This app has been flagged for fraud. I wish I would have researched more.

I installed this app that specified monthly payment would only commence after reaching 50 subscription customers.

However, despite having only 9 subscribers to date, my card was unexpectedly charged $200. Upon contacting them (Recharge app), they informed me of a sudden policy change where all customers would be charged, despite my lack of consent or awareness of this alteration. I perceive this as fraudulent behavior. I did not consent to any new terms.

I contacted a lawyer who took a look at the app, agreement and email exchange and said "Charging a customer without their explicit consent is not only unethical but also illegal. According to consumer protection laws such as the Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA) and the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA), businesses are required to obtain consent before initiating charges to a customer's account.Despite any claims of notifying customers via email of a "new policy of charges," such notifications do not constitute valid consent, particularly if explicit agreement was not obtained from each affected customer."

In this case, the terms explicitly outlined a payment structure of 1% + 10¢ per transaction to Recharge. Any deviation from these agreed-upon terms without the customer's explicit consent may constitute a breach of contract and potentially fraudulent behavior.

NuRevealSkincare
March 14, 2024

Great app, easy to use and the support is super helpful!

SwiftNetllc
Recharge replied March 21, 2024

We're glad to hear about your positive experience!

February 7, 2024

Easy to use and always easy to contact and get help when needed!

Hatchet Coffee
Over 5 years using the app
Recharge replied February 12, 2024

We're glad to hear about your positive experience with Recharge!

March 10, 2024

The customer support with Recharge is fantastic. I've been personally helped by Juan C. from Recharge Technical Support, we had a Zoom call where we worked around our time different and many emails back and forth. He was wonderful, thank you!

Old Bridge Cellars
Almost 2 years using the app
Recharge replied March 21, 2024

We're glad to hear about your great experience with Juan!

March 20, 2024

very helpful customer service!

Parentgiving
Recharge replied March 25, 2024

We appreciate the review!

March 31, 2024

They certainly increase the prices of the app without any warning at all and now since our subscribers are still in this we cannot close and canceled app.
WARNING do not ever use this app they are stealing money

TheSciFi.Net
Recharge replied April 8, 2024

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. We understand this can impact your business and did not make this decision lightly. Updating the price of our Standard plan gives us the continued flexibility and resources to invest in merchant support and innovative solutions to power our merchants in the future. Please reach out to our support team if there’s anything we can do.

Support: https://support.rechargepayments.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

March 23, 2024

Big slog to suddenly charge customers $100 a month. Nor recommended

Aristotelis Ke Anthoula
Recharge replied March 25, 2024

Support: https://support.rechargepayments.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

February 29, 2024

Kiki was very helpful and very quick to come back to me.

StaySharp
Over 2 years using the app
Recharge replied March 4, 2024

Thank you for the review and shout out to Kiki!

March 14, 2024

My experience was a 5 star! Amber P was super attentive and quick to respond and solve my problem. Thank you so much Amber! :)

Pure Synergy
Recharge replied March 21, 2024

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and a shout out to Amber!