Recharge Subscriptions , 1,700 reviews

4.5

Merchants highly recommend this app for managing recurring sales and subscriptions due to its easy integration with Shopify and user-friendly interface. They appreciate its customizable options that cater to specific business needs, aiding in growing recurring revenue and boosting conversion rates. The customer support is praised for their promptness and efficiency in problem-solving. However, some merchants suggest improvements in the customization and flexibility of bundle setups.

November 21, 2023

Advisors are always a help and it's greatly appreciated. Brian N. helped to clarify an issue and addressed it expeditiously. Thanks!

SugarMuses® MidnightMuses™
Over 5 years using the app
Recharge replied November 28, 2023

Thank you so much for the review - and the shout out to Brian!

November 28, 2023

We've tested out quite a few Subscription apps, but Recharge still is the most robust solution you will find, and their customer service is one of the best we've seen too!

NutriClub
9 days using the app
Recharge replied December 4, 2023

Thank you for the five star review! We're glad to hear about your positive experience.

Edited November 27, 2023

Recharge is the only app I've given a 1 star review. For starters, when an update to our theme was made, Recharge simply stopped taking in any new customers. We were fooled because older subscriptions were coming in daily. We found out a couple months later, shame on us. We most likely lost 100 subscribers valued at $80/mo. To get Recharge to work again, they asked us to hire people who can write code to fix the bugs. No Thanks. We simply had Seal Subscriptions up in ten minutes, and now the issue is Recharge's customer service is so incredibly slow, we are unable to transfer the current subscriptions. Another "tack on the wall" was a year into our subscription, they wanted to double their customer's rate.

If Recharge takes care of this ASAP, I'll update this review. Until then, I heavily regret using them.

11/14/23 Update - Recharge is nowhere to be found. We've been actively trying to move our subscriptions to Seal, but Recharge will not respond and won't give access to the correct CSV or API keys needed.

11/16/21 Update - Recharge responded, but gave me the same instructions found online which don't work. We don't have access to pull the correctly formatted CSV nor have the API keys. Still 1 star service. I'm guessing we'll play "email tag". At this point, we're worried we'll just lose the current subscribers.

11/27/23 Update... Still no luck. Tech support has not been helpful at all and so far, our only chance to get everyone off recharge is bribing my customers with a $5 OFF coupon to manually go in and re subscribe to a product. Even then, we'll likely lose at least half of the subscribers.

Our Seal Subscriptions have a higher conversion rate and is a tad more visually appealing. The pricing is much more fair as well.

Run from Recharge...

Pure Choice Farms
Over 2 years using the app
Recharge replied April 8, 2024

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and for voicing your concerns. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a refund on the charges you received.

The pricing increase was announced via an email on June 29th, 2023, in conjunction with in-app notifications and follow-up messaging. The standard plan pricing took effect for new merchants earlier in 2023, and existing merchants as of January 1st, 2024.

We are proud of the transparency & timeframe we have provided to our merchants during the price change and the responsiveness we've had in assisting those who no longer wish to utilize our app.

October 26, 2023

Recharge works like a charm and we've had our fair share of difficult requests and the support is always on point! Thanks Juan C. keep up the great work!!

Ayoba
About 7 years using the app
Recharge replied November 15, 2023

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - and for your shoutout to Juan!

Edited March 1, 2024

useful app

Parasol Co
Over 4 years using the app
Recharge replied December 26, 2023

Thank you for the five star review!

November 15, 2023

Pros:

- Responsive customer support (thanks Thomas)
- Easy to migrate off Recharge, which you will need to do when you realise you have made the wrong choice

Cons:

- Expensive
- Poor documentation
- Clunky, slow and ugly UI for front end and backend users

Use something else, there are apps out there that are as good but don't cost the world.

Nourished Natural Health
Over 2 years using the app
Recharge replied November 20, 2023

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with your feedback. I will be bringing your points up to my team for future consideration in the advancement of our product.

October 20, 2023

Super excited to be working with Recharge and have so many options and ease of access for both ourselves and customers with subscriptions! Our launch engineer-Jairus was extremely helpful and ensured we were well informed every step of the way and that we remained on our tight deadline! Thank you Jairus for all your help and support!

Johnny Slicks
Almost 2 years using the app
Recharge replied October 23, 2023

We are so glad to hear about your positive experience. Thank you for the review and the shout-out to Jairus!

November 14, 2023

Our migration to Recharge was straightforward and uneventful. Vinse was masterful in the prep meetings and helped us to understand the key points through the migration checklist shared. Thank you, Vinse! Initial experience with the storefront has been positive for both CS and customer.

Lemon Perfect
About 2 years using the app
Recharge replied November 20, 2023

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review - and for the shout out to Vinse!

November 21, 2023

Excellent customer service. Very helpful team and quick responses.

Devoted Pet Foods
Almost 3 years using the app
Recharge replied November 28, 2023

Thank you so much for the five star review!

December 27, 2023

I would give zero stars if I could. Customer service is terrible. They no showed twice on migration zoom calls. I can't imagine trusting my subscription services to a company that can't show up for a scheduled Zoom call.

Scribbler
About 1 month using the app
Recharge replied January 2, 2024

Thank you for your feedback. I have been in contact with my team regarding your concerns.

Ty Bailey | VP of Services