Subscriptions by ReCharge

Subscriptions by ReCharge

by ReCharge

Launch and scale your subscription and recurring business

Aava Labs

The app works well for our Subscription function, which is exactly what we needed it to do.
There have never been issues with it, and any help needed, we've always gotten prompt and great help from the support team.

Curlee Box

I have been using this app since the start of my business (for over a year) & have no complaints. If I ever need anything, I just pop the team an email and they are eager to help. My business is growing with Recharge as a priority parter along side me!!

WagWell Box

The customer service is great! Quick responses and quick resolution to any question or concern every time.

Kill Cliff

With the pricing they charge, I'm not sure what they spend their development time on...

From Migration:
You send them a file with fields mapped, but you are responsible for everything. What I mean by this is they do not report any errors or potential errors back, its on you to export what they imported in and check it against what you sent them.
The other issue is that we migrated from another platform that allowed customers to have more than 1 card vaulted. ReCharge would only allow us to use a customer ID and pulled the "Default" card on the customer record. We had to go through 3000+ customer records manually to make sure the card on file for their subscription was set to their "Default" card. A better solution would have been for ReCharge to allow the unique token id that referenced the customer and the exact card they were using.
Another issue we had was with the frequency, but some of that I'll take the blame for. We switched from offering every Month or every other Month as shipping frequency options. We setup 30 Days or 60 Days. Instead of being able to map those during import, ReCharge imported as is. While this did not affect orders from processing correctly, it did cause an issue when customers try to edit that frequency. Since they didn't write their code to handle both frequency (30, 60, 90 etc) and interval (days, months, etc) my customers are presented with the option of 30 or 60 MONTHS, yes MONTHS when they try to change their frequency. I've since been able to fix by exporting all our subscriptions, editing the frequency and interval manually and having them re-import.

ISSUES WITH DISCOUNTS:
For whatever reason ReCharge has discounts, but they didn't set it up to handle the basic logic that Shopify does. So you can't setup discounts like:
1) Fixed $ amount or % off an order
2) discounts off specific products/variants
3) BUY X GET Y

It only lets you set % and $ off ALL PRODUCTS in your cart, as specific product (yes, a SINGLE product...apparently they forgot what multiselect is), or a specific collection. While some people might not mind creating a collection for every single discount they setup in ReCharge, a collection still does not get you the option to exclude/include specific variants.

ISSUES WITH TAXES:
While ReCharge does seem to read products to see if they are taxable, they didn't think it important enough to read the customer record to see if they are tax exempt or not. So we currently have hundreds of customers screaming at us that we are charging them sales tax even though they are tax exempt. ReCharge's suggestion: "A lot of our customers just give the customer a discount." Yes, because I'm sure the IRS will take the excuse: "Oh yes, I know our accounting software is showing we collected all that money in taxes, but it really wasn't taxes, we gave a discount. You see?" What could possibly go wrong?

Lyght Living

We use this app for a rental model. Even though the app is not exactly made for it, with ReCharge's amazing support we managed to set it up the way we wanted to. The support is really exceptional! Thank you!

Wandesnack

APP works perfectly. Their support team is also great and super fast in dealing with any problem you may face.

Alabaster Co

Really great customer service. They helped us install our app really well and customize it to what we were hoping for.

April 11, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review! I am so glad Diego was able to assist you in getting things for your shop up and running. We're very excited to have you as part of the ReCharge family!

Well Earth Goods

Flawless application. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to include subscriptions. we've had no issues.

April 11, 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words! Reviews like this get our day off to such a wonderful start. :) We're excited to be part of Well Earth Goods as you bring subscriptions to your customers!

Convertiv

Great app! Really easy to set up and create subscription products. Totally recommend. The customer support is also really fast

April 11, 2019

Thank you so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave us a review! I'm so glad that Rob was able to help get your site all set up. Please let us know if you have any further questions that come up! we're always standing by to help. :)

Willowick Candle

I have nothing but good things to say about ReCharge. This app is very user friendly. It makes daunting technical tasks easy to tackle, especially with the support of their customer service team. Anytime I have needed assistance, they have been extremely helpful and patient. The subscription offerings really bring a lot of exciting possibility to an e-commerce store, and I have found that sending out my subscription boxes every month has pushed me to improve my brand and customer experience. Good stuff!

April 11, 2019

Hey there, Willowick Candle fam! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with this glowing review. Words like this are better than a cup of coffee for us in the morning. :) I am so glad that your subscriptions are up and moving and that the process has been smooth for you. Please let us know if you have any further questions that we can assist you with.