Advanced Shipping Rules

Advanced Shipping Rules

by Bambri

Finely tune your shipping rates

Guardian Baseball

Looks like an awesome app... clean. BUT.... You have to manually select products to add them into 'product groups'. This isn't ideal when you have a lot of products. You can't automate this process by choosing type, collections, or tags. That's unfortunate. For stores with a few products, this may be ideal.

Paint by Numbers

I have two locations (US and overseas). I installed this app to use blended rates with subtitles to clarify each product's shipping time when the customer purchases products from different locations. It took me a long time and a lot of trial and error to configure. When everything was set up, the app's blended rates did not show any subtitles. I reached out to support - to my surprise, here was the response: "When there are multiple locations in an order, Shopify is responsible for blending the rates, and the blended rates from the app will not be shown... if the subtitles don't match, they will just omit a subtitle." I might be crazy, but blended rates are clearly advertised in the app's captures and description. To make it work, they asked me to eliminate inventory tracking in multiple locations, which I cannot do for obvious reasons. All in all, this was a tremendous waste of time and a frustrating process. I had to change tons of things in the backend that I will need to redo now. They should not advertise things the app cannot overcome.

March 6, 2021

This is valuable feedback. We will be adding text to the app page with a warning that:

The blended rates functionality within the app will only work for groups of products that belong to the same shipping profile and same shipping location in Shopify.

If products belong to different shipping profiles or different locations, the blended rate functionality of the app will not work for those products.

I hope new merchants will discover that new text, and also discover this review of yours and the response.

Thanks again for the feedback. We are sorry for your wasted time, and hope your effort to point this out saves other merchants for wasting their time too.

Result Based Training

Useless. Errors out constantly, nomatter if you reinstall or what browser using, don't waste your time.

Outback Western Wear

This app looks like it does everything I need. Unfortunately, it is clunky to use in that it is constantly resyncing with my products such that it takes FOREVER to get to the point where I can assign products to Product Groups. For this reason, it's pretty useless. Additionally, the UI for choosing products is very limited. Each product has to be added individually as I cannot add all the products that have a certain price or are in a existing Shopify collection. It's like a version .9 product. So close but so far away.

June 19, 2020

This is legitimate feedback. When using our app, the app does need to wait for the product catalog 'to be still' in order to re-assign products to a different product group. If the app was to reassign products while there are other updates being made to a product it could cause conflicts, and lead towards things being permanently out of sync. There is a way around this, but it would be a significant investment of time and resources to complete: having a real-time automatic clone of the product catalog using Webhooks, but there are so potential risks with this approach, and it would force us to raise the price of the app. This review does make an important and correct point: if there is a case where you need to re-assign a product ASAP for whatever reason, and you are running some other bulk update on your catalog, you will have to wait. We will use this feedback to reconsider the feasibility of implementing what is needed to solve this problem. Perhaps it could be built as a premium feature.

Chamberlain Music

No way to automatically assign products to groups, and randomly empties groups. Really expensive too! Switched to Bespoke Shipping, one of many apps that is half the price, unlimited, and does everything we want reliably.

Swiftoutdoors

Asked for help weeks ago and never even received a reply

Jeepbolts

App is terrible. They show certain rates and then tell you you need to sign up for Shopify stuff to make the App work. It's nearly impossible to edit or use as well. Very complicated.

Sheepwrecked

Cannot eliminate ghost products that are deleted despite syncing again and again. (That happened in the past, and i could live with it).

But now, when i reinstalled, I cannot blend the rates no matter what i do.

in short its broken. and i just wasted 29 usd.

The broken blend function wasnt the case in the past. whatever you did to them obviously backfired in my case. And why is printful so troublesome to sync now?

Uninstalled.

Socheap89

99$ a month? which world do you live in... Better Shipping 15$ a month and does every thing on 99$ package..

Giraffecollection