Yotpo Product & Photo Reviews

Developer
Yotpo
4.9
May 29, 2020

The app does the work of collecting reviews. However, note the app stops collecting reviews when your shop sells over 50 products a month. I had installed this app in the middle of the month with over 10 orders processed in my store to start with, so it quickly reached the limit and now the app has stopped unless I upgrade my plan.
Our site sells over 50 products a month regardless of the help of this app, so it is difficult to understand why the plans are charged based on products sold. Only a third of our customers return with reviews so the plans should be charged based on the number of reviews collected.

Sand by Saya Japan
Time spent using app: About 1 month
Yotpo replied June 30, 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback. We always want to ensure a business is on their 'right fit' plan -- meaning how much they're paying should align with the services their receiving and what their business needs to see success with Yotpo. This pricing model is intended to most comfortably scale with your business and can be found across the industry.

Our pricing model is available on our website and in your Yotpo admin - For our Growth plans (up to 800 orders per month) you can choose from packages ranging from $19 up to $249 a month. As part of Yotpo's effort to generate the most reviews for our customers, we offer 200 extra orders for new users to help get them started in the best way possible and generate reviews from past orders.

If you would like to get in touch, we would be happy to assist you further.
Thanks again for your feedback!

May 24, 2020

This is a great proposition and exactly what you need to increase your conversions and jet fuel your ads. Like with a lot of Shopify apps you have to upgrade to their more premium plans so I did that as it had the features I wanted. I've been having a terribly difficult time trying to extract the value that Yotpo are selling though. The onboarding is awful. It's very clunky and takes too long to setup. The automatic email review feature isn't working for me and there's no workaround to manually whatsapp the customer and get picture reviews so I'm unable to get any value from Yotpo, just wasted time. I was better of with the free Shopify reviews app. I'm on the growth plan which is the tier above the 1st one but it's still missing video reviews unfortunately. Customer service is very attentive and quick to respond. But have been unable to get me to a position where emails are going out and collecting picture reviews. This is all I want.

PÉPÉ BEAR
Time spent using app: 6 days
Yotpo replied June 30, 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback! We apologize for your experience and please know that we will absolutely take this feedback into consideration. Although we don't currently offer Whatsapp reviews, customer feedback plays a crucial role in how we develop our product feature roadmaps. As it stands now, we support photo reviews and automated review requests.

Our 24/7 support is more than happy to help with installation and onboarding at any given point.

If you'd like to get in touch, we'd be glad to assist you further. Thanks again for your feedback!

Edited May 4, 2020

The product is fine, but the business model is really annoying.

They will nickel and dime you everywhere. Pretty much anything you want to do is going to cost you a lot more than it should.

Standard implementation is fine but expect to offer up your first born child if you want to do anything more, like connect other apps.

eSport Labs
Time spent using app: 10 months
Yotpo replied June 30, 2020

Thanks so much for your taking the time to leave a review. We are so sorry to hear you had a negative experience.

We are constantly iterating our pricing/package options in an effort to provide the best solution for businesses at each point in their journey; however, we understand that it doesn't work for everyone! In the meantime, you can check out our updated plans on our website and in your Yotpo admin.

If you'd like to get in touch, we'd be happy to assist you further. Thanks again for your feedback!

February 25, 2020

This app is very buggy. It does the job, but not without a good deal of pain. Recently published reviews don't appear readily on the carousel. There's very little customization for what you pay for.

MINE Jewelry
Time spent using app: 10 months
Yotpo replied June 30, 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we really do appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience. We always encourage each of our customers to learn more about our products and pricing on our website before jumping on board, but understand sometimes it's just not the right fit!

Our team has reached out; if you'd like to get in touch, we'd be happy to help you further. In the meantime, thank you again for your feedback.

Edited June 5, 2020

Interface is cluttered, and the software was constantly buggy. When issues came up, support didn't seem to know what was going on and wasn't helpful. Didn't seem like they cared at all.
Price is very high, and order caps are low. If it was totally bug-free and functional, and support was awesome, we'd pay the price, but it's just not worth it for us.

Breeo
Time spent using app: 7 months
Yotpo replied June 30, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback, we apologize for your experience.

Our pricing model is flexible and is available on our website and in your Yotpo admin. For our Growth plans (up to 800 orders per month) you can choose from packages ranging from just $19 up to $249 a month. Thanks again for your feedback!