Chatra — Live Chat & Chatbot

Free plan available
Rating (4.8)
4.8
January 8, 2016

This is an excellent app. It's very easy to install and use, and the additional mobile app is a huge bonus allowing us to stay in contact with customers pretty much whenever they have a question.

Creating a great customer experience is very important to us. With Chatra not only have we being able to close sales, respond to queries, and provide support, we have also been able to further project our brand's personality beyond the webpage. Forging good relationships with customers builds trust and leads to happy, and importantly, returning customers. That makes us happy too!

Highly recommended.

Scene By Scene
Ireland
Time spent using app: About 6 years
January 7, 2016

good to have app for shopify! thanks Chara! Keep it up

X Mini
Time spent using app: 4 months
Edited January 5, 2016

The idea behind it is wonderful. Easy to set up and defintiely useful. However my staff complained that when we are online, it suddenly goes offline in the middle of chatting. Also we are online, but sometimes it appears we aren't and our customers have to send us an offline message instead.

I would wait for them to fix all these problems before installing at it gives us more problems than when we didn't have a live chat function.

Also, tried to uninstall from the dashboard, can't. Needed to go into my theme to edit the html and for someone who isn't savvy with code, this is a hassel.

Byinviteonly
Time spent using app: 26 days
Edited January 4, 2016

This app has been wonderful. I've tried other chat apps but have found Chatra to be a step above the rest. Very robust and customizable feature set, there isnt much you can't customize. Bottom line it's helped my communication with customers and helped close sales and bring in new ones. Highly recommended they did a bang up job on this app, 5 stars all the way.

Dissidentgymwear
Time spent using app: About 1 month
January 3, 2016

This is a great app! The chat window is simple with a large setting and view. User experience is up to expectations. Our shopify plan is the basic plan and with this app, a basic plan can work like a super plan. Worth having it installed! Yaakov is a very helpful guy! He is always there to help whenever you need help on the app. He is a babywearer too!

Smooch Smooch Baby
Time spent using app: About 1 year
January 3, 2016

Great little chat app, I have only newly installed but already been reached out to by customers. They appreciate the quick response even when off line. Very easy to set up and change colours. So far that is about as much as i have done with it yet but tbh i haven't needed anything more. Thanks Chatra

Big Crocodile Baby Photography Props
Time spent using app: Over 3 years
December 31, 2015

Support is always there and I love that I can respond to chats via email!

Blk Blu
Time spent using app: 4 months
Edited December 29, 2015

I feel bad giving it less than 3 stars, but it doesn't really deserve it. The interface is beautiful and very easy to find what you need. However, you get what you pay for. I was very excited about finding a feature rich chat app at this price, but that's where the pros stop. Customization is very very limited... don't be fooled by the screenshots and website. You can change colors in the dashboard of your chat window ONLY. If you want to change other colors you have to use API. Also, customizable text is very limited. You only have a very few number of places where you can customize text shown before the chat. Nothing after, during, etc. The only thing I love about it is that you can see the customers cart and where they are on your webpage. Also, no close chat button for customer. Even if operator closes chat, customer still sees it as active. Chatra had a lot of potential but fell short.

Shopjealousyboutique
December 24, 2015

Great app, love the 'applications' you can install on your mobile device, Windows and OSX. While other apps do link into your chat program (like Adium, Instant Messenger and such), this one has its own stand alone application(s).

The one shortfall to these applications (and I'm sure this could be updated in the future) is that the app's would be more advantageous if they automatically set you idle/away/offline when the stand alone application detected no movement of the mouse/keyboard for N number of seconds (sort of like an IM client does) that way you don't have people messaging you when you walk away from your computer or forget to shut it down or flip offline (great for small mom & pop businesses where we do it all).

The hooks are great if you have a support/sales rep at the ready at all times, as you can send messages to your customers if they're idle on a screen for too long (like, "Is there anything I can help with?") -- we're a bit small to really utilize those (as this is more of a side-business).

Most important component? Customer service, humans behind the wheel of this application will help you with any issues you have so you don't have to worry about being left in the dark.

Bonus features I like over some other apps of this sort: The history of customers, the customers being assigned random "color names" so you can keep track of people by something other than "guest" and being able to go back through the history, see how they connected (browser info, etc.) which helps when tracking down bugs or site issues when a customer messages you with trouble, etc.

Quality app, can't find any reason not to give it 5 stars. Would *love love love* an idle timer though.

Awesomedrinks
Time spent using app: About 5 years
December 20, 2015

I love Chatra!! Great app - customers are asking questions that they may not have taken the time to email. I feel I am helping my customers have an easy experience when they can ask about sizing or timeline for delivery. THANK YOU CHATRA!!

Luna Maternity Nursing